mtbr member

Yet another Monocog sizing question

Hi everybody, long time lurker, first time poster. I have looked for hours on this forum to get some solid info on what size Monocog I should be riding. I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I am pretty evenly proportioned as far as leg to torso ratio goes. The LBS guy suggested a 19" but said I am in between a 19" and a 21". Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 5' 11" with a 34 inseam and the 19" fits me well. I did need to shorten the stem to 85mm. I think the 19" would be perfect and the 21" could be made to fit with some adjustments.
    26FS & 29Rigid... best of both worlds

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by john.wilkinson@datacon.at
    I'm 5' 11" with a 34 inseam and the 19" fits me well. I did need to shorten the stem to 85mm. I think the 19" would be perfect and the 21" could be made to fit with some adjustments.
    Very helpful. Thanks.

bust a move
    Almost 6ft, 31.5 ineam, Mine is 17 and fits me very well, but I could have probably made the 19 work.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm 6' 3" with a 34-36 inseam and a 21 is perfect for me. I have very long arms so I have my cockpit stretched out somewhat. Great bike, you'll love it.
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate

Way
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Also looking for Monocog 9r frame sizing. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I rode a 17" today and it felt pretty good, just not the best stand over height. Is it better to ere on a little too large or a little too small?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Way
    Also looking for Monocog 9r frame sizing. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I rode a 17" today and it felt pretty good, just not the best stand over height. Is it better to ere on a little too large or a little too small?

My Monocog 9er is 17" . My inseam (crotch to floor, bare feet, is 32.5" I am 5-9. Used to be 5-10 but at 70 I've shrunk a little.

My wife has the same bike in a 15" size. She is 5-3 and almost always chooses this bike over her Cannondale HT 26.

I am very comfortable on both bikes and I would be tempted to get a 15" if I had it to do over. I think it is better to err a little to small.