mtbr member
    Mar 2006

What size Monocog?

I am looking to get a monocog. It will be my first 29 and I am unsure of the size I should get. I am 5'9" 30"-31" inseam. I am going back and forth between the 15" and 17". I want something small enough to throw around but I don't want to be cramped on a longer ride.

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    I would bet a 17 or 19. I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam and the 19 was too small. Best bet is to go to the shop, have them measure you out, maybe test ride a few sizes if they are available, and see what they recommend.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately my local shop doesn't have any in stock yet. They were just setup as a dealer and are waiting to make their order until early spring.

habitual line-stepper
    do you have any other bikes to compare the geometry to? my other two bikes have ett's in the mid to high 23" range (23.75 for my FS, 23.4 on my HT), and both are a little cramped for my 6' (32" inseam) frame. i purchased a 19" monocog (24.5 ett, iirc) and i like the fit, especially with a shorter stem and wider bar than stock. ymmv, good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

No Knuckle Crew
    I'm 5'10'' with a 31'' inseam and ride a 17'' monocog flight and it fits perfect. I bet the 19'' will be way to big. And i did sit on a 15'' and it did feel small.

Apr 2007
    Hmm... I'm also about 5'10" with 31.5" inseam and ride a 19" Monocog. The Flight has a shorter top tube than a comparable Monocog. I'd say at least a 17" for you. Especially for a Flight.

KRN
    mtbr member
    I have a 17 & I'm 5'11 with a 30 inch inseam. I guess it could depend on how long your torso is as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    After comparing the sizes to my old bike I think I will be going with the 15". The top tube dimensions are really close to what I used to ride and I think it could of been a little smaller. Thanks for everyone's input.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I also noticed that the monocog has a really long top tube comparing to other brands. the 15" has a ETT of 587cm which is the same size as my 18" Norco bushpilot but 15" just sounds too small for 5'10"...

Please let us know how you with the 15" =)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I ended up going with a Dawes Deadeye 15". The frame dimensions are pretty similar to the Monocog. I haven't been on any real rides yet but so far the fit seem pretty good on the small side but not cramped.