What suspension fork are you guys running on a monocog
    29er? photos if available please!

mtbr member
    I just ordered a 2008 Reba SL.
    1993 Barracuda A2R - 1x7 Beater
    2007 Redline Monocog 29er

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I have an RST M-29 that I switch back and forth witht he stock steel rigid on my cog.

ADV
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have a white brothers rock solid rigid on mine now that is better than the steel fork but I am thinking about putting a fox fork on mine for this season.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Bumping this old post as I too am looking at putting a suspension fork on my monocog and am looking for suggestions for a good cheap fork.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Love my Manitou Minute Absolute 100mm with 48mm offest and 20mm trough axle.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i've got a reba sl on mine. loving it.

Digital Toast
    A good buddy of mine picked up this old White Bro's fork for super super cheap. He had hopes that it was a 26" fork but alas it was not and I ended up with a super deal. I'm not sure if it'll stay on the front of my Monocog or not. The bike seems to have lost something since I've had it on. Sure it's reduced the bumps a bit but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm going to switch back in a week or so and make up my mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suspension fork for monocog 29er-white.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroack View Post
    A good buddy of mine picked up this old White Bro's fork for super super cheap. He had hopes that it was a 26" fork but alas it was not and I ended up with a super deal. I'm not sure if it'll stay on the front of my Monocog or not. The bike seems to have lost something since I've had it on. Sure it's reduced the bumps a bit but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I'm going to switch back in a week or so and make up my mind.

Nice looking cog! I just missed out on a great deal on a Reba SL. Oh well will keep my eye out on CL and ebay.

mtbr member
    Here is when I had my 100mm G2 Fox fork on it. Felt pretty good but it is rigid again.

Signature

Digital Toast
    A1an, I have a feeling mine will go back to rigid also. It's lost something and I think it's the missing rigid fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroack View Post
    A1an, I have a feeling mine will go back to rigid also. It's lost something and I think it's the missing rigid fork.
    You guys have me thinking about staying rigid. Anyone have a Salsa CroMoto or Vassago Odis they want to sell???

mtbr member
    I do enjoy the bike quite a bit more with a rigid fork for some reason. Pairs well with the simplistic feeling of a singlespeed.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
    Pairs well with the simplistic feeling of a singlespeed.
    Agreed! Which is why I just ordered a Salsa CroMoto! Will throw up a photo after I reach 10 posts and I have it on the bike along with the Deity Decoys I also just ordered.