mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Suspension fork on 'Cog 29er

I put an 80mm manitou tower expert on my 07 monocog 29er, I think it increases the a2c by 15mm at sag.

I'm wondering if anyone else has upgraded to a suspension fork and can comment on the longterm durability of the headtube?

I haven't had any issues after about 500 miles, and the geometry change wasn't significant to me. Like the fork a lot, stupid simple to maintain.

I ride pretty aggressively, so fatigue life is always in the back of my mind.

SoCal mtbr
    I'm running a Fox F29 set at 100mm travel on my Monocog Flight 29er and love it. I can ride almost as fast downhill as I do on my Niner RIP9 full suspension 29er. I'll never go back to a rigid fork. I've got about 1800 miles on my Flight with the F29 on there and I don't see any issues. I'm 165lbs geared up though.
    Customer: How spicy is medium?
    Waitress: It's "medium"...

SoCal mtbr
    Here's a couple of pics, one rigid and the other with the Fox F29 w/ 15QR. I had the Fox F29 stripped down and powder coated black and had custom Fox stickers made in red to go with the frame color scheme. I like the oem look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suspension fork on 'Cog 29er-monocog1.jpg  

Suspension fork on 'Cog 29er-mcf29sm.jpg  

Customer: How spicy is medium?
    Waitress: It's "medium"...

mtbr member
    I got a Reba set at 100mm on my Mono Cog and love it, no problems:

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've got an '09 mono9 that has a 100mm fork with 48mm offset. Been bombing trails for 3 years with no issues. Absolutely love the bike.

That's a friend's monocog in the back of the first pic.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.