mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Soon to be New Horse in the stable!!!

In a little over 2 hours I will be picking up my new 2013 MonoBelt(will post a pic or two later today/tonight)...You may think that this is no big deal, but after an almost sleepless night (I feel like a little kid the night before Christmas), the wait is almost over! You mite think that it's pretty pathetic for a 48 year old man to be so excited over getting a new bicycle (I know my wife does), but I swear, this two wheeled addiction I have is more than just a sickness! Some of my friends and family (non-riders) think I am crazy for being so into bicycles...so I have to ask; Am I Crazy??? I swear, if it has 2 wheels, I'm on it, or wanna be on it...anyone feel the same?

mtbr member
    Pathetic----nope!

I spent 2 hours detailing and tightening up my Monocog last night in prep for an all day ride today! Been waiting almost a month for this day to come.

Got a call at 7am asking me to come in for overtime at the FD. I took the shift and put the ride on hold, creating even more excitement when I actually get to ride! Lots of rain in the near future, so we'll see how much it builds!!!!
    www.getbusylivin.org

Redline Monocog Flight 29er
    Specialized Rockhopper 26er

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    SS BlackBelt has arrived! Pretty much stock for now (all I added was the pedals and the bottle cage). I removed reflectors, and all stickers (including the ones from the rims). 1st ride will be tomorrow, can't wait!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Soon to be New Horse in the stable!!!-ss-blackbelt.jpg  

Soon to be New Horse in the stable!!!-belt2.jpg  

Soon to be New Horse in the stable!!!-belt.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FirefighterMTN View Post
    Pathetic----nope!

I spent 2 hours detailing and tightening up my Monocog last night in prep for an all day ride today! Been waiting almost a month for this day to come.

Got a call at 7am asking me to come in for overtime at the FD. I took the shift and put the ride on hold, creating even more excitement when I actually get to ride! Lots of rain in the near future, so we'll see how much it builds!!!!
    Oh Man, I don't think I could go a month without a ride!!! I get stir crazy after 2 days without a ride! We just had a ton of rain yesterday (would have had my bike a day sooner, but couldn't ride anyway), so I had to wait until today to pick it up...had a Grad Party for my Niece today and didn't get to ride, so will get my first ride on the new bike tomorrow...Can't Wait! Hope the rain doesn't last too long for you, and you finally get that all day ride in soon!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    1st ride on the Belt...E-P-I-C!!! Wow, Got an early start, beautiful weather(70-75 degrees), Fast, Flowy single-track, New Bike, Engine firing on all cylinders (felt great), and good company (Mike, Ray, and Ken)...24 miles of smiles!

Just Ride
    awesome! My non cyclist friends and wife don't understand my addiction either.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    How could anyone NOT be crazy for that ride? Looks outstanding. Enjoy it!!

mtbr member
    She's a beaut'!! Seriously good looking!!

Glad the ride went well!!
    www.getbusylivin.org

Redline Monocog Flight 29er
    Specialized Rockhopper 26er