mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Snapped my flight frame

Been riding my 2010 flight for a few years now. This past week I was out on a ride and climbing a hill and felt a jolt then my cranks were crunching with each pedal. I stopped and looked down. Didn't see anything at first and thought my bb was shot. Bb seemed fine and I got back on and it seemed to be better. As I was declining the next hill I felt the pedals shift and I glanced down and saw that my drive side chain stay was clearly separated. The chain stay split about 4 inches off the weld by the bb.

Took the bike to the dealer and redline is immediately shipping me a new frame. I do ride hard and often. I'm 225 pounds on a 21 inch. I've raced my bike and put it through hell over 3 years. Glad to see redline stand behind the product. I have a karate monkey frame I'll use as a training rig now. Going to use the new frame they are sending as a race build now. I can post pics later today of the snapped frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snapped my flight frame-photo-4-.jpg  

Last edited by toolundrto; 10-12-2013 at 10:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Pics!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    updated!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Glad it wasn't a catastrophic failure, and you weren't injured. Props to Redline for replacing the frame!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Wow. I've got an '07 mono9 that's still going strong. Hope it never breaks, as that fram would be a bit harder to replace, considering they haven't made them (nor the d460) for quite some time now...though maybe they'd replace it with a flight...
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.