Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    [QUOTE=ZmyDust;8163765]Got the 2011 cog 29er about a month ago. My first mountain bike. Im a tall clyde 6'5 255 lbs. This thing is going to turn me into a beast. This bike is amazing! By the way, if you know the flatwoods area in Tampa, you'll know that the "Misery" trail doesn't really live up to it's name lol

hey another tampa , redline rider ..howdy

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    redline mono 9 with a fresh powdercoat

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by murf99 View Post
    redline mono 9 with a fresh powdercoat

Nice to see another mono 9! The paint is shot from chips and general wear and tear on mine...might be going the powdercoat route later next year, we'll see.

It doesn't look like you're running a tensioner - what gear ratio are you running?
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    Nice to see another mono 9! The paint is shot from chips and general wear and tear on mine...might be going the powdercoat route later next year, we'll see.

It doesn't look like you're running a tensioner - what gear ratio are you running?
    there is an orgin 8 singulator just hard to tell in the pic. i run a 32 up front and a 16t or 18t in the back depending on where im riding. the mono 9 nine is going back to 1x9 duty shortly i have a flight im building up as soon as it gets back from powder coat.

redline....ftw

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Fresh from the powdercoaters.

I like stuff
    Had my 29er for a month now and I love it! A few upgrades already

mtbr member
    Bam. New grips, different bar, and new gearing (32x16). The blue seat is growing on me. Future wheel build may include blue blunts with blue hope hubs.

Signature

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    newly finished monocog flight
    fresh powder coat
    american classic wheels
    fsa carbon stem, bars and post
    juciy ultimate brakes
    ck headset
    23 pounds 4 oz

just waiting on a homebrew spiderless chainring and cog then i have a set of 2012 sram x9 cranks to throw on

SSlow rider
    Looks good.

mtbr member
    I figured I should post up my Monocog. Its a 2007 MC 29er.
    The first thing I did was to put on Hayes Sole's. Worst brakes I have ever run.

Next version of the MC was as a pseudo cross bike.

Now the MC is back to the all arounder. Easton Havoc's, Oury grips, BB5s and SD7s, stainless bottle cage, Sette Pump, Selle Italia SLR, and Specialized Fast track LKs.

I love this dang bike. I guess thats why I have had it longer than any other one I have.
    You may be quick, but I'll knock you over

I like stuff
    Very Cool!! How'd it do as a cross bike ?

mtbr member
    It handled cross duty pretty well. I never was able to get the canti's set up quite right, but thats my own fault. I am a real big guy, so the weight factor wasn't huge. I never did any long rides in cross form, it was mainly for the local Tuesday night races and for that it was pretty good. I am thinking that with some off road drops and and my 2.0 tires it would be a beast monster cross bike.

I like stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
    Bam. New grips, different bar, and new gearing (32x16). The blue seat is growing on me. Future wheel build may include blue blunts with blue hope hubs.

32/16

Awesome! Off road with that gearing?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    My first *Redline* and 29er !!!

mtbr member
    Sweet! I love it when someone gets two firsts in one! Just remember to ride it hard and have fun

I like stuff
    awesome!

mtbr member
    My D440. It's stock, save some old Time pedals I had laying around (which are horridly yellow - I know), ODI grips, some bar ends, and 700x32 tires.

If anyone knows where I can order a compatible bigger chain ring for the crank, I would appreciate it - I can't seem to find much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Redlines here-d440.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel Toad View Post
    My D440. It's stock, save some old Time pedals I had laying around (which are horridly yellow - I know), ODI grips, some bar ends, and 700x32 tires.

If anyone knows where I can order a compatible bigger chain ring for the crank, I would appreciate it - I can't seem to find much.
    That should just be the standard 104 bolt pattern on the ring. There are lots of choices out there just depends on what you want to spend and how long you want to wait. HBC has a longer wait but you get custom colors. Surly, Salsa, Blackspire just to name a few are also regularly available through online vendors.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBXTC View Post
    32/16

Awesome! Off road with that gearing?
    Yes, but the trail that I'm riding that ratio on is flat for the most part. 32x18 is my normal offroad gearing but I'm looking to go to a 17t in the back.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Post/pic whore update. Threw a different fork on here. Parted out my 2009 GF Paragon but saved the fork. Took it apart for service, sprayed it black (white didn't work on the monocog), took out the spacer to increase travel to 100mm, and installed Enduro seals.

I have a set of Hope Mono Minis that will be going on the bike as soon as I get a chance to bleed them. Next big upgrade will be a new wheelset. Hope hubs with the new WTB i23 hoops.
    Signature

I like stuff
    Very Nice...... Thanks for sharing

Ive been running the 33/18 set up for awhile now and been thinking about tossing a 17T on the rear as well.

A friend of mine has 33/16 and its not as bad as I thought, but that was just riding it around the block hehe.

I guess it really depends where you are riding, and your legs too

mtbr member
    Well, I had a set of road wheels hanging in the garage and nothing to do with them so I decided to build up my 26 inch Monocog Cross style. Put on my 29 inch Monocog fork, now just need to figure out my rear brake solution. Don't want to spend $40+ on the Xtracycle adapter.

1993 Barracuda A2R - 1x7 Beater
    2007 Redline Monocog 29er

Ovaries on the Outside
    A couple of my more recent ass sled build. Pretty happy with the bike so far, though the bike is surprisingly turdy.

It also features my girlfriend's bike.

I have three monocog flights. I will try and post my SS cruiser shots sooner or later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Redlines here-dsc_0028.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-dsc_0030.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-dsc_0032.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-dsc_0051.nef.jpg  

Ovaries on the Outside
    My other ass sled....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Redlines here-dsc_0020.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-dsc_0022.jpg  

SSlow rider
    What's up with the bottom HS cup on the 26er?

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast