mtbr member

Seatpost clamp for D660

I want to change the seat post clamp on my 2010 D660 to a quick release type. The seatpost that came with the D660 is a tight fitting 27.2. Does anyone know the clamp size?

I was browsing Price Point for clamps and found 31.8 mm, the next size up being 34.9 mm. I assume I'll need a 31.8 but when I searched this forum I found some replies stating 30 mm clamps are used on some Redlines, but nothing specific for the D660.

Bicycle Addict
    Good question. I haven't found any info on it. I would assume though that the 31.8 would fit since the seat post is 27.2.....right?
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB
    Good question. I haven't found any info on it. I would assume though that the 31.8 would fit since the seat post is 27.2.....right?
    Thanks for looking, hopefully someone knows the answer and will chime in. I'm hoping to buy one this weekend.

Apr 2007
    IIRC, the seat clamp on my Redline Monocog Flight was a 30.0. On my Vassago (which also takes 27.2) is also 30.0. I had a 30.6 and it didn't work. The clamp used was Salsa.

EDIT: The D660 is aluminum, which could have thicker tubing than the steel counterparts (like the Flight). So you might be right on the 31.8. If I were you, I would just go down to a bike shop, find one that fits and buy it.

SSlow rider
    The guys at your local shop ought to have a micrometer. Just have them measure your current clamp and then get the QR one you want.

habitual line-stepper
    or you could contact redline directly. i've used the redline website "contact us" link to ask a couple of questions, and they usually respond within 1-2 business days. fwiw, the seatpost clamp diameter on the 2010 monocog 29er is 30.0mm (per seattlebikesupply/redline).
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

mtbr member
    31.8 mm does fit the D660. I picked up a Forte (Performance) clamp this weekend and no issues of a sliding seatpost on yesterday's ride.
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.