mtbr member

Retail on 08 Monocog Flight frame???

Any one know what I should expect to pay for one?
    Im thinking about just building one up rather than buying a complete for 700.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    this board is full of a bunch of useless mothers

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Sorry I just saw this post. Here's my 08 Monocog Flight I love the bike it's well worth whatever you might end up paying. You can't buy the frame retail anymore. If you weren't such a dick I would tell you what I think you should pay for one.

Quote Originally Posted by need4gforce

habitual line-stepper
    Quote Originally Posted by need4gforce
    wow, mr. congeniality...

just to indulge you, the cheapest i've seen was a CL special for $500, set up as a cross bike. never seen a frame sold by itself, so good luck finding one to build.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info.

Well being a dick got me a response didnt it.....

habitual line-stepper
    lol, true...

out of curiosity, who's selling an '08 for $700? since the 2010's are out, the '09s are going for $700. at least where i'm at, anyway. i'd imagine you should be able to get a complete '08 for cheaper than that, if its new-old stock.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Ok since I don't really think you're a dick I'll tell you I got my complete stock bike for $500 off flea bay (I have since put $1000 worth of parts on the bike). I was expecting to pay $400 for the frame and fork alone so $500 for a complete bike wasn't bad. I think the frame is a bit of a rarity now a days so if you're able to get one in good condition for $500 I think it would be a fair price.

boba fett on a bike
    I've been wondering the same thing. LBS is selling a blue 08 Flight 29er frame ONLY for $185. That seems like a really good deal. So should I go for it? I'm afraid I'd spend a shitload on the wheels and squish fork. Most everything else can be had for some decent deals I've seen shopping online. LBS also has leftover complete 09 Flights, but they're only discounted to $867. I'm reading on here that new 2010 Flights are going to be priced at $899.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I picked up an '07 Flight 29er with new Hayes Strokers (otherwise stock) for $550CDN off Pinkbike a few months ago...really awesome ride, if it was my only bike I'd put a Reba on it but the full-rigid is a nice contrast to my 5" trailbike.

Bounty, if you can snag that frame for $185 I think you'd be happy, if you're sticking to singlespeed you can have a great build for around a grand...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I wish the Flight frames/framesets were available alone. Anyone have success on that front?

I like my current MC29er, but it's too small and I'd like to go with the Flight... in 21/XL please.