Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. Redline "Dream bike"(Redline are ya listening)

Let's say...

...Redline just called and they asked you what your "Dream" Redline would be! They will build it the way you like... like Burger King have it your way. So what would ya have them build?

I would like to see a 29er double butted chromo steel with a soft ride shock with one inch of travel no links just regular chain stays like Salsa in the rear. I say this cause I have a KHS SS with the soft ride, rigid. I normally ride riding everything, so I might be a bit silly to others...LOL The thing is amazing and I'm a big guy yet it doesn't flex or wander a bit and it seems bottomless. I know that's hard to conceive but you have to ride on to understand. Make the top tube a bit more sloping for clearance(not a major concern though)

So continued... up front a rigid fork similar to the one on my Redline Mono 9 works great and gives a bit more than the Monocog front fork.

Gearing... 2(22x36) x 8(12x36) reasons? I like having a granny, and on the east coast we have slippy, slimy, rocks and roots... great for getting my butt up hills. I'm no sprinter(don't bother telling me to get stronger legs...LOL).

Gotta have Shimano XT or XTR V-brakes,(yep no discs for me),cheap pad replacement, (just need 29er ceramic rims, anyone making them) stops my 250 lbs can ride trials with them and bla bla bla.

Everything else is normal and I can adapt to any components or swap them out if I wish

How about you???????????

offroader
    Dec 2008
    It would look like this.

industry employee
    Keep them coming.....I'll make sure someone from the office reads your wants, needs and recommendations.

mike

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbzone
    Keep them coming.....I'll make sure someone from the office reads your wants, needs and recommendations.

mike
    Been collecting, racing, riding Redlines since 1974, any chance of a squareback style frame on a Monocog? How about a Redline swingarm for my 1974 Honda CR 125 that I once had and sold at a flea market...(dumb me)

Yes... even I'm vintage!... LOL

Great Redline 2010s... will def add a few to the toy box. The "Device 26" would be great at Raystown trails in Pa. or Ray's indoor in Ohio. Gotta get that one Ya YA Ya... Santa are you listening?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    My only issue with the monocog flight is the paint on the rear sliders chip and expose after tightening the slider bolts a few times. I would like the slider to be more polished maybe consider making it out of a different material so it doesn't rust. I had to use rust inhibitor and paint to cover up the exposed metal and keep it from rusting. The loose paint also cause the slider bolts to slip and get loose.

Maybe make it like this.

blet drive
    sexy lines in that frame
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    What frame is that?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Something like this........

I would like to see a nice head badge. If you are listening RL and have a head badge to complete my ride PM me and I will send my info. Seriously I have been looking to upgrade to a custom steel or Ti frame but I love my RL flight and just have not been able to pull the trigger. I just feel that the cost of such upgrade will not give a proformance gain that says money well spent. So back to topic. Maybe a little more tire clearance in back. I think the only thing missing is the "Bling" but so is the cost. About everything I think of is just going to add cost and bling for no real gain in performance. Ex. better steal tubing or Ti. Cleaner finish on welds. Lighter tube set for smaller frames. How about a split chainstay so you can run a Gates belt drive. AW just leave well enough alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redline "Dream bike"(Redline are ya listening)-sony-cam-10232009-079.jpg  

Redline "Dream bike"(Redline are ya listening)-sony-cam-10232009-180.jpg  

offroader
    Dec 2008

I'll tell you one thing, changing to a 100mm front fork on my monocog made all the difference in the world with regard to ride quality. The bike rocks over everything now. I love this bike so much so now I sold my Scott Spark and dedicated all my riding to this bike.