Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Recommend me a rigid...please

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  longhaultrucker 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I would like to upgrade to a higher quality rigid fork for my monocog 29er. Would I even notice a difference in another rigid? Don't want to break the bank either. I appreciate any advice.

#2 ·
If looking for a "new" fork you might consider a Black Ops Origin 8. I "think" that they retail for around $250. If you don't mind buying used you can always look on Ebay for a White Brothers or Pace. I've owned all 3 and find them to be comparable to one another.

#3 ·
If budget's a high concern,lemme recommend a Vassago ODIS fork,available straight from their website for a scant $129 (unless they raised it this Fall,I haven't looked). I bought one for my d440 back in the spring. Was a noticable difference in ride and handling (shorter fork than stock),much smoother than the stocker. Personally,I may still go to a squishy fork next Spring,due to a spinal injury,but this was a noticable improvement,especially on rougher trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.