My New to Me Monocog 29er
I recently picked up a used Redline Monocog 29er on craigslist for $325. The guy had a Rock Shox Dart 3 on it, but also had the rigid fork, which was included. He had some really old BB7's as well but had the v-brakes on it when I bought it, but had rotors on it also.
I haven't decided if I want to put the rigid fork on yet or not. My other bike is a Giant Anthem X 29er FS and I love it, but I blew my seals on the fox fork. Need to fix that.
I've done some mods to the mono thus far.
1) Installed Avid Elixr 3 on the front (take off from my Giant--I upgraged to XT on it)
2) Ghetto tubeless on the stock DH19 and Exiwolf tires
3) WTB Rocket V seat, just installed last night
4) New chain
5) Trued wheels
5) General clean up and lube
Mods in the works:
1) Install Avid Elixr 3 on the rear (will be the take off from my Giant)
2) Thinking about an 18t for the rear cog
3) Maybe carbon handle bar (if I go rigid)
4) New grips
5) New headset when the stocker wears out
I'm not sure what year it is....06-07? It is the turd brown and I love the way it looks. I recently taught my little girl to ride a bike (no training wheels...yeah) and I wanted a quick beater bike to ride around with her (the FS is such overkill for that).
The pic is from it's maiden voyage with me.....it rides great and SS is awesome. My Giant might see much more garage time. However at 6'4" and 250lbs I remembered why I have a FS after the first ride. I need to learn to ride the mono better and use my body more as the suspension.
I am totally hooked on the SS and can see much more riding in the future....might even start commuting to work on it.