Apr 2007

Monocog Flight rigid fork options

Thanks to a member on here about a hot tip on a Flight frame, I am currently in the beginning stages of a build up on a 08 Flight. Started to order parts, and need to order a fork. I want to stay rigid. I do not want carbon, because I'm in the Rockies and need something that won't splinter/shatter after a hard crash. I am sticking with steel.

So, options are, ODIS, On-One, Vicious, or ? I think the OnOne has the closest offset to stock, but ODIS isn't far off, either. Or should I buy a stock flight fork?

mtbr member
    I'd go stock. No reason in particular other than you will get an idea of the sock geometry of the bike. After some hours you can figure out if you are happy with how it feels or if you want something to revise the geometry a tad.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Yeah, if you don't want carbon then I'd probably stick to stock also. The bike handles really well with it, not to say that the others wouldn't work fine. Waltworks would be my choice if you decide to maybe go custom. What front tire are you thinking of going with?

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Ive got the stock fork. pm me if interested.

Apr 2007
    I'm going to use 185's up front. Any issues with brake shudder with the stock set up or with ODIS?

boba fett on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    Thanks to a member on here about a hot tip on a Flight frame, I am currently in the beginning stages of a build up on a 08 Flight.
    I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you! I'm looking forward to the seeing the build progress. My build is going slowly. I picked up another 08 Flight complete off Ebay. I'm still planning on building my other frame though.

I told you CupOfJava was selling his stock rigid fork. I'd hop on that if I were you.

Apr 2007
    Thanks. Yeah, he offered the stock fork to me, but I just thought it was a little too much for a used stock fork. I offered a little less, but have not heard back, so I'm going to assume he's not interested. No hard feelings, though.

Anyway, I think I'd rather spend a little more for the Vassago anyway. Capt America is trying to see if his buddy can get us a deal (he is a Vassago dealer). I really like the segmented fork look, and I believe will have an easier time with bigger tires, too? On my Flight frame, the rear accepts my 2.3" and possibly 2.4", but not sure if it would start rubbing if I go any bigger. I'm assuming the stock front fork is the same?