mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Monocog 26 tire width?

hi there,

I've been browsing these forums for a while now and find it very helpful, and this is my first post. I recently ordered a Monocog 26 from my local bike shop and am very excited about it! I would like to use it as a urban, street, fun bike (not really for doing tricks but who knows). Anyway I would like to replace the stock knobby tires with hookworms. Now I'm not sure if the monocog's rims (Alex DH 19 32H) can fit the hookworm's fat ass (2.5"), guy at the bike shop didn't know either. I looked around the internet and could not find an answer, it seems like everyone, even Redline, sort of ignores the 26 Monocog. But anyway if anybody knows I would be très reconnaissants

thanks in advanced!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Well, I just e-mailed Redline and they gave a very quick response... 2.5" tires will fit! Although it'll be kinda tight between the rear breaks. I hopes this helps others as well!

Apr 2007
    Bumping an old thread. Did you ever try putting 2.5"s on your Cog? I'm possibly looking to get a 26" Monocog at my LBS and would like to put some 2.4's on it.

Ovaries on the Outside
    I just measured the width at the chainstays on the MC and MC Flight I have (both '07s) and got ~3 inches on the MC and ~2.75" on the Flight. 2.4s seem like a safe bet.

mtbr member
    The guy at my LBS said that the Alex DH 19s on my 29er were too narrow for even the 2.3s that came on it stock. They seem fine to me and I'll be happy to put a 2.5 up front once I wear one of the 2.3s out