mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Monobelt Questions

Does anyone have any idea what the stock weight is for the Monobelt? I am looking around for a decent single speed, and have been "belt curious" for quite some time now. It sounds like a lot of the early kinks have maybe been worked out. However, looking at the build it doesn't look like it would be very light overall. Since this is something I will use for some racing I would really like it to be at least somewhat decent on the weight...I can replace some parts as I go. However, I am wondering if I won't be better off building up some other frame and give up on my belt drive fantasies. Hucknroll had a decent price on the Spot Rocker SS, but unfortunately they sold out before I could come up with the funds.

Other than the weight, I would like to hear any opinions, good, bad or indifferent about the Monobelt or general remarks about the belt drive.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I really wish they'd come out with it as just a frame, or even a full bike with a rigid carbon fork. I can't wait for my LBS to get some in so I can test ride...can easily get a weight then. Probably be a while before I have the funds to grab one though. Unless the owner lets me demo one....
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

Don't believe the Hype...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    I really wish they'd come out with it as just a frame, or even a full bike with a rigid carbon fork. I can't wait for my LBS to get some in so I can test ride...can easily get a weight then. Probably be a while before I have the funds to grab one though. Unless the owner lets me demo one....
    I'd love to see one with a carbon fork. Hopefully the cogs are not stupid expensive, I love to swap stuff out for different trails.
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybastard View Post
    I'd love to see one with a carbon fork. Hopefully the cogs are not stupid expensive, I love to swap stuff out for different trails.
    Well, you'll probably be disappointed....gearing changes are going to be expensive until prices come down. Cogs are around 70-100 and most likely you'll need a different length belt, too.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Update: bikes are ready for order by LBS. My local shop just put their order in. Just so happens the one he ordered is my size....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaino View Post
    Update: bikes are ready for order by LBS. My local shop just put their order in. Just so happens the one he ordered is my size....

BUMP

SO has your LBS gotten your Monobelt in?? I am really looking hard that ordering on of these as soon as my other bike sells. I wish there was more info out there about this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    They got it in, but someone bought it the next day, and I was out of town.

Coincidentally, one has just showed up locally on craigslist, and I'm wondering if it is the same guy. Ad states that they want to sell it to get a full suspension trail bike....

Some people have more money than sense, though.

I can confirm that the bike does come with the center drive belt setup, whereas Raleigh is still shipping their 2013 bikes with the old style belt drive setup.

mtbr member
    Good to know about the Center track drive! Thanks man.

I'm itching pretty bad to get one and try it out. If only my Stumpjumper would sell....

If you happen to contact that guy who's selling it, could you get the scoop on how it rode? Maybe even some pictures?