mtbr member

Ghost squeeking Redline hubs?

I've been riding my 08 Flight for 2 months now (was basically new when i started) and lately the hubs have started this mystery squeeking:

- intermittent
    - only at very slow speed (i ride it on dog rides 2-3 times daily and when we are crawling is when i notice it the most)
    - only when i'm on the bike - not on stand or when i lift the front and spin it
    - front hub was worse so i had it re-built; mechanic said it looked new inside; squeek was quieter for 3 days, now back
    - had brakes re-bled too to rule them out

anyone else have this problem?
    it this is my sign it's time for new hubs? new mechanic?

any suggestions for moderately priced replacement SS hubs? must be silent
    I'm not on a mission to beat the crap out of myself and everyone else; it just comes naturally with the single speed

Disabled Vet
    I've never heard of this problem. Hmmm...maybe they need torn apart and greased/overhauled? I realise you said basically new,but how long had the hubs sat assembled before being used? I dunno...maybe there's some kind of adjustment to em?

I'm sorry I can't really be of any help,but I hated to see a fellow RL owner asking with no replies
    '11 Origin 8 700CX
    '14 Surly Troll

lookin' for a hill
    If there are rubber seals over the cones try a drop of lube where the rubber meets the hub.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    i agree with nikwashere, rubber seals can cause alot of squeaky, but so could running over a mouse, its hard to pin down noises