Bicycle Addict

Crank swap worth it or not?

I'm just curious if it would be worth it to swap my '07 Redline crankset for a Truvativ Stylo crankset. I am currently running the Truvativ on a 26" that I don't ride anymore, so wondering if it's worth the effort. Would there be any performance differences, weight difference? Both are 32t but the Truvativ has a bashguard and I believe the length is the same 185mm.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

Bicycle Addict
    Is the Redline forum dead?
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Maybe a better drive train question or a 29er question. 50 views maybe no one has an opinion Much the same IMHO.

habitual line-stepper
    i'm going to wait until the stock crank and/or BB on my '10 cog die before swapping for something else. i'd like to go with an external BB crank, but i've got brand new fsa isis crankarms and BB with no bike to go on. another thing to consider is the chainline will be off (stylo's are 51 mm?), so plan on having some freehub spacers handy.

i say do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Bicycle Addict
    Maybe a better drive train question or a 29er question. 50 views maybe no one has an opinion Much the same IMHO.
    This is a good suggestion, I think I will take my question over there. Thanks

another thing to consider is the chainline will be off (stylo's are 51 mm?), so plan on having some freehub spacers handy.
    I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the advice. The redline cranks aren't bad at all but if I have something better laying around then why not right.
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    replaced mine with a race face xc, old redline crank arm kept coming loose at the taper...love the new race face.
    29er go big or go home.