Thread: Conquest Disc

Just Ride!

Conquest Disc

After finding many cyclocross type rigs drop me while riding my 29er on a recent gravel century, I am considering the Conquest Disc as a gravel bike. It seems to have a very good price point and features what many people are touting as gravel or endurance geometry. So do you have one or have you ridden one and if so, what is your general feedback?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a 2010 conquest disc classic. Fantastic bike. I originally got the bike to just commute on, but I've ridden it across the country, done tons of miles of single track and ride it everywhere. It fits 38's no problem, actually have Continental Country Plus 42c's on there now (Mavic TN719 hoops).

Only changes I've made to the bike are:

* On One Midge bars with a shorter, taller stem. This was still great for road/touring, but made a great improvement on singletrack.
    * Road BB7's - I was just going through pads so quickly with the BB5's and all my other bikes have BB7's - Now I only need one type of spare.
    * New headset this year, after ~20k miles, the original one just wasn't as smooth as it once was
    *Brooks saddle

Admittedly, I've got a Surly Straggler frameset on order, but will not be getting rid of the Conquest...I just wanted something that would be better to setup SS or with an IGH.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.