mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Carbon rigid front fork for Monocog Flight 29er

I know there are multiple options for carbon rigid front forks to fit a 29er, what are people's experiences with them on a cog? Which one would someone recommend?
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate

Mudder
    I had a origin 8 black ops and never had any problems with it. very light too.

mtbr member
    I wouldnt buy anything but the Niner one or maybe even go with a Titanium one.... All those triple clamps are made by the same people.... Most of them anyway.

mtbr member
    I've run a Pace carbon and a White Bros carbon on a Flight before. Aside from being lighter they didn't seem to be any more compliant than the stock fork. Actually the lighter weight made the bike feel less stable and planted over choppy terrain. If I were going to do it all over again I would have had Waltworks build me up a custom steel fork. IMO the smaller tubed steel fork looks better with the smaller tubes on the frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ark
    I've run a Pace carbon and a White Bros carbon on a Flight before. Aside from being lighter they didn't seem to be any more compliant than the stock fork. Actually the lighter weight made the bike feel less stable and planted over choppy terrain. If I were going to do it all over again I would have had Waltworks build me up a custom steel fork. IMO the smaller tubed steel fork looks better with the smaller tubes on the frame.
    Sounds legit to me! Titanium seems like it would be beast... So expensive though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I run the voodoo fork in 470mm on my cog it comes in 500mm also. It steers quicker and is softer than the stock. For me it was worth the 80 bucks.

mtbr member
    blackops carbon fiber forks, awsome and look killer.
    29er go big or go home.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My Blackops fork should be delivered today, very excited to get it installed.

It appears that it will be a little shorter than the stock fork. On my XL 2010 frame the axle to crown length of the fork is 474mm (according to Dain at Redline). The axle to crown length of the Blackops is supposed to be 465mm. Does anyone think that 9mm is going to be noticeable?
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate