Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Redlines

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! 2012 Redlines

Who's gett'in 1, 2, 6 or more?

Buy, buy, buy, buy, buy, REDLINES...

REDLINE BICYCLES

Let's get this forum fired up!
    What do ya think opinions/complaints, love'em, like'em which one ya gett'in?

2 words: Freek'in Belt Drive!

I like stuff
    I almost had the LBS order me the 12' 29er MC, but the 11' was sittin right there smiling at me. I knew Id be happy either way.

Although I think the 12' MC Flight is nice looking while 11' MC isnt so desirable (black /red rims), but thats just me.

Either way I went with an OG MC and hehe sweet....!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The '12 cog flight 29 is tits, but couldn't wait that long. Got the last '11 cog flight, not crazy 'bout the red rims but I've only seen pics not first hand.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey lee Im getting a redline!!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Beardman27 View Post
    Hey lee Im getting a redline!!!!!
    Welcome to the team!

Which model?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I got a 2011 d600 good deal at main love the bike so far riding the moon Sunday again!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'll be sure to get a pic of you and your new ride...

...then you should poet it up in the "Show us your Redlines thread"

Woo Hoo another joins the Force!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I just ordered a 2011 d660 in honor of Stu Thompson.

Beer is my spirit animal
    2012 Redline Conquest Pro SS ftw! Two things about the fork; you will need a canti with some pad offset for clearance (went with Kore race+ after discovering that Cane Creek SCX pads wouldn't allow me to remove the front wheel without deflating it) and the eyelet in the fork isn't big enough to use a standard cable drop hanger (still waiting on a call from Redline to find out what the eyelet IS for). This bike is amazing. These are not complaints, just some info I wish I had when I was putting it together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Redlines-uploadfromtaptalk1328460821206.jpg  

I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    nice looking line - the monocog look cool !! Always wanted a redline when I was a kid

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Looking into a D440 used off CL. Any tips, concerns etc? Its got BB5's on it, 1x8. red/brown color? what year am I looking at? I'm an old hand at the checking the used bike thing, just wanted to know about problem areas. It also has an upgraded headset, I understand the stock one was a POS.

thanks in advance!

Robtre
    I have my eye on the 2012 Urbis for road ridin' when the trails are wet. Looks like it has a freewheel which I will need since I cant ride fixies and too fat for skinnee jeans. If my LBS will cut me a deal I will probably buy another Monocog.

mtbr member
    I don't have a Redline but the energy of your thread makes me want to get one!

mtbr member
    Anybody bring home a '12 D660 yet? Pics!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Almost bought a 2011 Monocog yesterday, and I still might. Only got to ride one around the parking lot - it felt ... like a battleship. Not a bad thing, but it didn't feel particularly aggressive. Is that just the wide bars and not having ridden a 29er? Or would I be able to change that with a longer stem/different bars?

6', 32.5" inseam, 6' 2" wingspan, riding a 19". Mostly into xc, hopefully spending the summer in Durango, also ride in Northern New England.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    a week ago i found a NOS 2010 d600 29er that just had to come home. havent gotten to ride it too much, but the times are a coming.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I feel the same way as jsumner13. Had my eye on a few geared HTs but I keep coming back to the monocog!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    "Almost bought a 2011 Monocog yesterday, and I still might. Only got to ride one around the parking lot - it felt ... like a battleship. Not a bad thing, but it didn't feel particularly aggressive. Is that just the wide bars and not having ridden a 29er? Or would I be able to change that with a longer stem/different bars?"

Test rode an MC yesterday. Thought I was going to kill myself just trying to jump a curb. Bought it anyways and hit the trail today! You'll get used to the giant wheels. Ride it on some trails and if the fit isn't right try a different stem. I went with a shorter stem and it made a huge difference!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Picked up that 2011 MC last week - sooo fun. Managed to get a flat on my second ride yesterday, but that was due to my own idiocy/lack of skill. Now the question is whether to keep it rigid or rock some front suspension... She's very pretty rigid but I sort of suck and think a Manitou Tower Expert I have would make things easier on me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I heard from a rep at Redline that the 12' Monocog Flight 29er received updated drop outs, if anyone has one or has pictures can you please post them?

renaissance cyclist
    The belt drive is interesting, but I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the single chain ring MTBs. Particularly with 10-speed cassettes out it would have been interesting to see some 1x10 setups.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just picked up my new d620 from Mojo yesterday. Took it out for a breakin run last night on some of the new trails in Bentonville last night. Wow!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yes, I've had a D620 for almost a year now and I really enjoy it. I spent a month trying to decide from a list of 10 bikes and I went to 5 different bike shops. The last one I went to had the Redline and the sales guy told me the whole shop rides them so I just went for it. I have enjoyed it ever since. If all the other bikes ride like the 620 then there can't be a bad one on the list. It's also been impossible to find reviews for it and since I'm not a full on trail rider I cannot make any comments myself. I just know that I have enjoyed it immensely since the moment I rode it home from the bike shop. Hope you enjoy it also.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    LHHHBrown,

Great first post...

...I sure enjoy mine, and glad your enjoying your ride, hope you have many more great rides on your Redline!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I sure have and will. And to let ya know why I went for it, a buddy of mine used to race bmx when he was young. He moved to Hawaii and couldn't take his bike. He asked me if I wanted it. It's a Scwinn Scrambler with Redline forks. I ride that almost as much as the 620. Like I said tho, if all the other bikes ride like mine, now is a great time to be riding. Oh yeah, I'm 6' 2" and weigh 230. People definitely look at me strangely when I'm rollin the Schwinn but I don't care, it's a blast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast