mtbr member

2010 Flight Handlebar?

I have a 2010 Flight that should be here in the next day or so. The photo on Redline's website shows what looks to be a flat bar while the specs list a riser bar. Can anyone confirm which bar the bike will come with? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe it was a riser as spec'd on the website, I swapped it out already but can verify tonight if I remember.
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Syncros Flat Bar with 10 de sweep

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. I guess it doesn't matter now though. My LBS is telling me that SBS is out of stock in my size.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    What size do you need?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erPilot
    What size do you need?
    Medium but I went ahead and ordered everything to build up a Salsa Selma. Kind of found it odd that the Flights are already out of stock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ark
    Medium but I went ahead and ordered everything to build up a Salsa Selma. Kind of found it odd that the Flights are already out of stock.
    Remember Pictures or it didn't happen nice choice btw

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi
    Remember Pictures or it didn't happen nice choice btw
    I know the drill. Haha! I expect the frame and fork to maybe get here today, however I'll likely just post the photos in the "Salsa" forum.

As far as the Selma goes it should feel pretty familiar as I spent most of last year on a Mamasita and some of that time I had it converted to SS. I started 2009 on a Flight, sold it, bought the Mamasita, sold it in the Fall of 2009 and finished the year by purchasing another Flight "which I sold early this Spring". I know that it's all just personal opinion but I feel that the Flight was a better handling bike. Yeah, I'm a bit of a bike whore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The flight is my 3rd 29er frame in a year (also a bike whore) and it is by far the best handling of the three. First was a C'dale Caffeine 29er SS, second is a C'dale Flash 29er. The Caffeine turned like a school bus, the Flash turns like a fork lift (if you've ever driven one you know what I'm saying) and the Flight is right in the middle, perfect.
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate