mtbr member
    May 2009

17" Monocog 29er

So here is the deal I sold my 19" Monocog to build up a 17" Monocog. I am 5'11" 190lbs but I like the feel of a smaller frame. Monkey bars, Sunline grips, El Norte stem, S3, Surly hubs with Salsa rims, FSA single speed cranks, Small Block 8's, Ritchey post, Salsa seat clamp, BB7's with Speed dialer levers and last a Serfas Gel seat (Comfy).
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    nice bike- quite a bit similar to mine. I'm 5'11" also on the same size monocog frame. I've got a TON of seatpost out, but the fit and feel is right where I want it.

Apr 2007
    I'm also the same height and have a 19". I guess it's personal preference, but the 19" feels great to me.

The gel seat has to go, BTW. Looks so out of place. Get yourself a nice Brooks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm 6'0" with a 34" inseam and ride a 17" monocog flight. I have tons of seatpost showing and threw on a longer/higher stem (120mm, 17deg rise) and it feels great. Riding position on it now is probably similar to how I'd feel on a stock 19" bike but the smaller frame feels a bit more flickable. My other bike is a large Giant Trance X which has a relatively tall front end so jumping on my 'cog sometimes take getting used to.

Nice bike realdeal!

habitual line-stepper
    wow, i'm surprised you taller guys on smaller bikes don't have to deal with toe overlap. i'm a touch over 6' (33" inseam) riding a 19" monocog and had some overlap when i wasn't clipped in.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Sizing has always been easy for me what feels good I ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i'm 6'1'' and i ride a 17'' monocog as well...the 29'' wheels easily make up for the smaller frame size...plus its much more manageable to control.