Beer is my spirit animal

Wow, Pleepleus Is A Tool But I Didn't Want To Further De-Rail The Helmet Thread

So this fool gets POSITIVE rep from me in the "new helmet" thread saying "You could have avoided all of this, you silly goose", and he neg reps me "fuc off" without even having the balls to SIGN it. It doesn't take a detective to figure out who left it, you poor, poor boychild of a man.

Well I had made the decision that I was only going to leave positive rep from now on, because I, like many of the posters whose opinions and posts I really respect, want this to be a fun place to post, even if it does get a little snarky and off-track from time to time. But pleepleus, my friend, you have irked a scorpio today. A scorpio with far too much free time on his hands, so rest assured that as often as this site will allow me, you are the only member I will leave neg rep for ever again. And I will sign it proudly, just as I did my pos rep.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    IBTL!

I don't even read my rep comments. People leave neg rep for strange reasons, i.e. liking a color of a bike. Keep with the pos rep comments - even if people are leaving you neg comments. Negativity is infectious, and the cure is positivity.

wannabee
    rep system is bull3hat

FKA Malibu412
    IBTL.

I want to thank all those who + repped (and signed--you know who you are, thus offsetting his -1 rep) my post in the helmet thread for calling plee on his sh!t. Oh, I +repped him as well. I think it's important to balance out the critical with love.

The Rep System works.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

Front Range, Colorado
    IMO the Rep system does more harm than good. While a positive Rep can boost your moral, a negative Rep can really ruin your mood. Especially if the coward does it anonymously without giving a valid reason.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-18-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

What?
    My guess, Is this thread will be in the recycle bin shortly.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    My guess, Is this thread will be in the recycle bin shortly.

More like locked or deleted.

Beer is my spirit animal
    Had to google IBTL. At 27 I have a feeling I'm a baby to lots of you, so how is it ya'all know more net slang than I do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnyspinspin View Post
    so how is it ya'all know more net slang than I do?
    I'm semi-retired and likely don't have as much of a life as you...hence more intardwebs time.

Oh, and Google

Beer is my spirit animal
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    IMO the Rep system does more harm than good. While a positive Rep can boost your moral, a negative Rep can really ruin your mood. Especially if the coward does it anonymously without giving a valid reason.
    It's the anonymity that really gets me. I think (and I know I'm not alone) that the system should be updated so that any negative rep has to be signed automatically. It's nice to get praise from an unknown source, so there's no need to mandate sigs for that, but like you say, dirtjunkie, the inverse sucks.

Dion, I'm really trying. I sometimes have to remind myself that this is just the internet. Thanks for being a consistently positive contributor.

I knew this thread was bound for the chopping block the minute I typed the title, but sometime ya gotta vent. You guys understand.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

Beer is my spirit animal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    IBTL!

I don't even read my rep comments. People leave neg rep for strange reasons, i.e. liking a color of a bike. Keep with the pos rep comments - even if people are leaving you neg comments. Negativity is infectious, and the cure is positivity.
    So what you're telling me is you didn't read my pos rep comment.

I guess I'll get over it. You'll post something awesome that will remind me why I like mtbr before too long, I'm sure.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

Front Range, Colorado
    This thread brings to mind an issue I have been having lately. I post from a Droid phone, I have never had a problem positive repping someone in the past. Recently I am unable to do so. I have no idea if this happens wiith a negative Rep as I have never negative repped anyone. So can anyone out there troubleshoot this issue with my Droid and help a brutha out?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

FKA Malibu412
    This thread brings to mind an issue I have been having lately. I post from a Droid phone, I ha e never had a problem pprepping repping someone in the past. Recently I am unable to do so. I have o idea if this happens wiith a negative Rep as I have never negative repped anyone. So can anyone out there troubleshoot this issue with my Droid and help a brutha out?
    I can't rep from an iphone either but I don't use tapatalk. Don't know if that would help?

Beer is my spirit animal
    This thread brings to mind an issue I have been having lately. I post from a Droid phone, I ha e never had a problem pprepping repping someone in the past. Recently I am unable to do so. I have o idea if this happens wiith a negative Rep as I have never negative repped anyone. So can anyone out there troubleshoot this issue with my Droid and help a brutha out?
    I just recently grabbed a Droid and immediately downloaded Tapatalk, but the first thing I noticed (and this was like a month ago, so I have no frame of reference before that) is that I never had the option for repping of any kind while logged on through the app. I've had to go through the browser view to rep people, so I usually just make a mental note and rep people when I'm at a computer.
    ― Robert Anton Wilson

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnyspinspin View Post
    I just recently grabbed a Droid and immediately downloaded Tapatalk, but the first thing I noticed (and this was like a month ago, so I have no frame of reference before that) is that I never had the option for repping of any kind while logged on through the app. I've had to go through the browser view to rep people, so I usually just make a mental note and rep people when I'm at a computer.
    Thanks for the advice! And that's great if you are mentally capable, but my memory is shot. I can't remember what I had for breakfast much less what someone said that I wanted to Rep. on two days ago.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

~Disc~Golf~
    I'm hopping on this thread to get a ride to the recycle bin - that is where I live.

Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Kinda OT, but does anyone know the useful lifespan of a helmet?

'Tis but a scratch
    I say we all forgive Pleepleus. I know I have said some things I wish I could retract and taken my "rep beating". The general consensus is that positivity would be nicer to spread around. So, consider this an attempt to try and get the friendly atmosphere back again.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
    Kinda OT, but does anyone know the useful lifespan of a helmet?
    They are one time use - so how ever long your ride is

Knowing that, and how pricey they can be, I don't wear a helmet until I go on a ride that I am going to crash on my head
    Honestly... ahh I give up