Results 1 to 79 of 79
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42

    Why are XC racers so slow downhill?

    I have notice that when the riders of the hard tail with the flat low bars and very high seat are very slow downhill. Do they work on their downhill abilities? Someone taught them that stiff legs are good, which even beginners know isn't. Maybe their fancy shoes don't allow them to bend their knees. Also their tight costumes look silly and do not add to the viewing pleasure. Maybe the tight clothing is uncomfortable and and makes them ride with stiff legs and poor downhill ability. I think even tights affect slight downhills because they walk their bikes down slopes that are equal to my driveway.

    I think this could be a good lesson for beginners. Do not try to look like a baby giraffes first stand when going down hills.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GotoDengo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    893

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    112
    I think it comes down to whatever you're comfortable with. I've seen plenty of XC guys on hardtails who destroy downhill segments on trails. I've also seen guys walk down them or take them slow. I'm more of a slow guy because I'm not good enough to fly down them without either A. Breaking my bike or B. Breaking myself.

    Plus you don't know why a rider is taking it slow. Maybe a few months ago he/she ripped down a DH and went OTB and cracked his collarbone in half.

    This sport is about respecting other people's riding abilities. Remember, you were a beginner once too.
    "Sir, you're drunk!" "Yes, Madam, I am. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

  4. #4
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,444
    Quote Originally Posted by vollmerj View Post
    This sport is about respecting other people's riding abilities.
    Not for some it seems.

    Clearly the OP's sport is hanging out under bridges and asking passers-by 3 questions....
    occasional cyclist

  5. #5
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I have notice that when the riders of the hard tail with the flat low bars and very high seat are very slow downhill. Do they work on their downhill abilities? Someone taught them that stiff legs are good, which even beginners know isn't. Maybe their fancy shoes don't allow them to bend their knees. Also their tight costumes look silly and do not add to the viewing pleasure. Maybe the tight clothing is uncomfortable and and makes them ride with stiff legs and poor downhill ability. I think even tights affect slight downhills because they walk their bikes down slopes that are equal to my driveway.

    I think this could be a good lesson for beginners. Do not try to look like a baby giraffes first stand when going down hills.
    Okay. I'll remember that next time I'm being cautious on the trail. After all, if your not balls to the walls on the downhills you suck and need to be told so. Heaven forbid someone take it easy. After all every ride is a race for first and the associated prize money. Go bold or go home, right?
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    I'm sorry, I did not mean to upset your abilities. I was not talking about the averageness and mediocracy of everybody on the trails. I was talking about the professionals on the youtube videos who ride terribly.

  7. #7
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    20,777
    when was the last time you rode an xc race bike on a downhill? they do not handle the same as your freeride tank.

  8. #8
    DFMBA.org
    Reputation: MTBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,752
    I'm an XC HT guy and I suck at descents but fully capable on climbs. I dislocated my elbow MTBing after a crash so I'm a bit gun-shy on the descents.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

  9. #9
    gran jefe
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,688
    i would post a "don't feed the troll" picture, but this is fun to watch. nobody take any of this too seriously.

  10. #10
    dru
    dru is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,444
    Or the OP's sport includes lurking in bushes, and asking passers-by 3 questions.....
    occasional cyclist

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Or the OP's sport includes lurking in bushes, and asking passers-by 3 questions.....
    I don't know what your bushes are but I think maybe your experiences are different than mine. I think it's OK for you.

  12. #12
    B.Ike
    Reputation: ElwoodT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,099
    Why not post in the xc race forum? You might get a better response.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    239
    Why DH racers are so slow going uphill?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    261
    Hahahaha

  15. #15
    Michigan Wolverine
    Reputation: RaptorTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    304
    This thread smells like troll.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    465
    It was on the you tubes? Then that means it is 176% true. All hail the tubes of you.
    "Your opinion may vary, but it's stupid." -Rich Dillen

  17. #17
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Aww, everyone's all pissy this morning.
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 02-26-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I'm sorry, I did not mean to upset your abilities. I was not talking about the averageness and mediocracy of everybody on the trails. I was talking about the professionals on the youtube videos who ride terribly.



    David Copperfield?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mack_turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,937
    have you ever seen a DH guy climb? someone needs to tell them they look silly in the sweltering heat, sweating in their baggie pants and motorcycle helmets slowly plodding and bobbing up a hill like it's covered in a foot of snow.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    You said it Hutch!


    You also have to factor in that the person wants to finish the race. If an XC racer isn't good at decents, more than likely they are going to take their time and slowy get down a hill so they don't crash. It's like this...finish the race a minute or two slower but in one piece, or take the risk of seriously hurting yourself for that one minute's worth of time. Any logical rider know's where their limit is on terrain. Maybe they're just trying to race and have fun without hurting themselves.

    @mack_turtle- I have seen DH guys try to climb..so goofy..so goofy...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8
    :-)

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: junior1210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    Or the OP's sport includes lurking in bushes, and asking passers-by 3 questions.....
    1) What is your name?
    2) What is your quest?
    3) What is the average flying speed of a swallow holding a coconut in his beak?
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    88
    I have notice the opposite. The downhill or "gravity" people as they like to say so not seem to understand the hill climb. I see them push their 50 lbd 10 inch suspension bike up even the most meager of climbs. Perhaps their big floppy shoes make it difficult to pull up on the pedals. Or pehaps the baggy shorts interfere with peddling. Perhaps they don't know what peddles for? Someone should tell them it is ok to stand on a bike and push down on the squares at bottom of cranks. Its ok. They all so young, they probably don't know. I remember when I was kid, I had awesome bik that ypu pushed with your feet. I liked to go downhill in driveway. Bike was not so good going up.

  24. #24
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,621
    weak troll OP.

    to answer - cats who race at a high level are not slow going up or down...Chris Eatough is one example.

    Individuals who focus on XC, Trials, DH, Endurance, Short track, CX etc will excel in those specific areas.
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  25. #25
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I have notice that when the riders of the hard tail with the flat low bars and very high seat are very slow downhill. Do they work on their downhill abilities? Someone taught them that stiff legs are good, which even beginners know isn't. Maybe their fancy shoes don't allow them to bend their knees. Also their tight costumes look silly and do not add to the viewing pleasure. Maybe the tight clothing is uncomfortable and and makes them ride with stiff legs and poor downhill ability. I think even tights affect slight downhills because they walk their bikes down slopes that are equal to my driveway.

    I think this could be a good lesson for beginners. Do not try to look like a baby giraffes first stand when going down hills.



    I do it so guy's like you don't get dropped.

  26. #26
    U sayin' Bolt ?
    Reputation: knutso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,148
    Okay 'zuper', I really think I have heard of you and your awesome DH ste' ...
    O or maybe I just saw your big-head full of hot air at the macy's thanksgiving day parade.

    Humility

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by knutso View Post
    Okay 'zuper', I really think I have heard of you and your awesome DH ste' ...
    O or maybe I just saw your big-head full of hot air at the macy's thanksgiving day parade.

    Humility
    I have made you angry, which has your words to make no sense. I have to say sorry for you. I do think from your name picture that you are probably not angryful person. I think maybe Az.Mountain is angry with his name picture and maybe I should steer away from him so I don't get trouble.

  28. #28
    Titanium junkie
    Reputation: Loudviking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,429
    Because XC riders don't have 7" of travel to hide their crappy biking
    skills. Gotta pick that line quick with 3" of front travel.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    Because XC riders don't have 7" of travel to hide their crappy biking
    skills. Gotta pick that line quick with 3" of front travel.
    I agree. The lines are good ones for the bikers. I think it's important when picking the lines to remember breath and long races in front.

    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4pcgk_eqHM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4pcgk_eqHM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>


    Does somebody have information on the cowbell at XC races. Is it mandated?

  30. #30
    Johnny Dependable
    Reputation: BigBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    233
    Having their saddle so high for so long evaporates their balls over time.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stugotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
    Having their saddle so high for so long evaporates their balls over time.
    Too Funny.
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    360
    It is a race. You go fast where you can and are cautious where you must be. Your job as a competitor is to know your strengths and weaknesses. If you crash you will loose time and possibly position, plain and simple.

    FWIW, IMHO XC races are won on the climbs and spins not the DH sections.
    Tight + Twisty = Tasty
    Earn your turns!

  33. #33
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
    It is a race. You go fast where you can and are cautious where you must be. Your job as a competitor is to know your strengths and weaknesses. If you crash you will loose time and possibly position, plain and simple.

    FWIW, IMHO XC races are won on the climbs and spins not the DH sections.
    I think I agree that not everybody has the abilities to go fast downhill because we are all differences and pedaling and riding on flat ground the other aspects of the sport which are bisexual are easier for some.

  34. #34
    Fat-tired Roadie
    Reputation: AndrwSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,453
    Isn't there a popcorn emoticon? I thought there was...

    zuper, when do we get to see your video of your kickass descending skills?
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Yeah Zuper, when?

  36. #36
    U sayin' Bolt ?
    Reputation: knutso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I have made you angry, which has your words to make no sense. I have to say sorry for you. I do think from your name picture that you are probably not angryful person. I think maybe Az.Mountain is angry with his name picture and maybe I should steer away from him so I don't get trouble.
    Not mad, you posted about your problem with being judgemental and I tried to illustrate that the answer is humility ... and true steez..

    Really do watch out for AZ he comes outta the clouds like rain and washes impurities away !

  37. #37
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    here you go...

  38. #38
    Fat-tired Roadie
    Reputation: AndrwSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    here you go...
    Thanks!

    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

  39. #39
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    What's this "descent?" I race XC, and all I ever see in my races is a lot of climbing, with some rollers and maybe a flat section or two, and then I somehow end up at the finish line, which is where I started too. I think the course changes as you go through it, so that you're always climbing, but you somehow manage to gain no elevation.

    Also, I used to see those DH guys climbing the fireroads on the local trail system all the time. They can walk pretty fast. But yelling out, "On your left!" gets pretty old, pretty quick.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  40. #40
    Fat-tired Roadie
    Reputation: AndrwSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,453
    I'm hoping to try some lift-served DH in the next two years or so. I wonder if it's like lift-served downhill skiing... I can get uphill on my alpine skis, but it kinda sucks and I frequently end up walking if I want to access a peak that doesn't have a lift to it. I'm envious when the Randonnee guys pass me on the way up, even though I'm usually faster on the way down and I'm sure that having big, stiff boots and big, stiff skis (the same stuff that sucks to get to the top) is a part of it.

    I think XC bikes are a lot more like backcountry skis than classic XC or skate skis, though. Hybrids and road bikes might be better comparisons to that kind of gear.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    360
    "Randonnee: French for "Can't telemark ski""

    Get some skins and tele's and earn your turns!
    Tight + Twisty = Tasty
    Earn your turns!

  42. #42
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    Thanks!

    but after looking at this thread a bit more, I think this one is more appropriate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MtbRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    I think it is rather funny that a guy posts in the beginner's forum and critiques others' skills.
    Not to be taken too seriously, I think.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    772
    I think the Does spandex make you faster thread was much more entertaining. This ones kinda Meh.. Although the Monty Python reference did make me laugh

  45. #45
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,775
    You know, I didn't put it together at first. Zuper was the one that started do tights make you faster thread. Now with that little jewel, I'm doing something I've never done before. I've added a user to my ignore list.

  46. #46
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    What's this "descent?" I race XC, and all I ever see in my races is a lot of climbing, with some rollers and maybe a flat section or two, and then I somehow end up at the finish line, which is where I started too. I think the course changes as you go through it, so that you're always climbing, but you somehow manage to gain no elevation.

    Also, I used to see those DH guys climbing the fireroads on the local trail system all the time. They can walk pretty fast. But yelling out, "On your left!" gets pretty old, pretty quick.
    I think I understand your words and sayings but you can make lies but can't hide from the truth. The XC riders have the same ability as the downhill riders. Anyone can learn to pedal, except maybe these riders of the tights.

    I think maybe these riders need to hear cowbells and some large woman to yell that they can do it and to breathe for the whole race.

    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwrxDdUjQ74?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cwrxDdUjQ74?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

  47. #47
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I think I understand your words and sayings but you can make lies but can't hide from the truth. The XC riders have the same ability as the downhill riders. Anyone can learn to pedal, except maybe these riders of the tights.
    I think you don't understand. The tights have no purpose other than cultivating razor-sharp tan lines and showing off our incredible muscle definition.

    The only reason DH riders don't wear the tights is because the only tans they get are mud tans. And those wash right off.

    There's no correlation between tights and descending skillz.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  48. #48
    clown question, bro
    Reputation: zeppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    499
    trollololol

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobinGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    356
    why do i always get stuck behind DH guys crawling uphill at a snails pace pushing their 50lbs sleds right up the middle of the trail and refusing to move over...

    lol actually its only happened once, but still.

    i just had to take a turn feeding the troll, this one looks weak and underfed.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

  50. #50
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinGB View Post
    i just had to take a turn feeding the troll, this one looks weak and underfed.
    Bloated and overfed, actually. I have homework that I should be doing, but it's online. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard -- have homework where it makes Facebook and this place and every other distraction ever made even more accessible than before? Forrealz?
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    ^Tell me about it man

  52. #52
    Fat-tired Roadie
    Reputation: AndrwSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Bloated and overfed, actually. I have homework that I should be doing, but it's online. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard -- have homework where it makes Facebook and this place and every other distraction ever made even more accessible than before? Forrealz?
    I had online homework in a Statics class. It's totally stupid! I get that it requires less from the professor and graders, but learning math is all about learning an approach to problem solving. Submitting answers only doesn't show that.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

  53. #53
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    I had online homework in a Statics class. It's totally stupid! I get that it requires less from the professor and graders, but learning math is all about learning an approach to problem solving. Submitting answers only doesn't show that.
    The thing I don't get about my class is that we're divided into smaller sections that meet twice a week. We have quizzes in these sections, and the TA grades those quizzes by hand. Would it be asking so much more of the TAs to grade 20 homework assignments too? Also, online homework is really fun when the campus internet dies and is dead all day and the homework is due.... but the internet is dead!
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    My dog actually ate my homework once...way back in the 6th grade. I taped it back together (missing a few pieces of course) and put a post-it note on the front saying "my dog really did eat it"...teacher got a kick outta that one

  55. #55
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    If I send you my homework internetz, will your dog eat that too?

    I wanna keep the useful internetz around, though.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  56. #56
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I have notice that when the riders of the hard tail with the flat low bars and very high seat are very slow downhill. Do they work on their downhill abilities? Someone taught them that stiff legs are good, which even beginners know isn't. Maybe their fancy shoes don't allow them to bend their knees. Also their tight costumes look silly and do not add to the viewing pleasure. Maybe the tight clothing is uncomfortable and and makes them ride with stiff legs and poor downhill ability. I think even tights affect slight downhills because they walk their bikes down slopes that are equal to my driveway.

    I think this could be a good lesson for beginners. Do not try to look like a baby giraffes first stand when going down hills.

    Obvious a troll, and obviously never followed me down a hill, I'll call you out on your BS anyway, I'm a HT rider, theres a nice 9 mile long DH fire road just minuts from my house, care to get dropped brah?.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  57. #57
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    Obvious a troll, and obviously never followed me down a hill, I'll call you out on your BS anyway, I'm a HT rider, theres a nice 9 mile long DH fire road just minuts from my house, care to get dropped brah?.
    Hello bro. I don't understand your dropped but I think maybe you want to hug me and let me go awkward. I'm sorry bro if I don't understand your thoughts but it seems you have something to your mind. I don't ride the fire roads of course they are not too fun for me but I do have the HT called DirtJumper from Yeti that I can use but i much prefer my 575 for the mountain trails.

  58. #58
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I have made you angry, which has your words to make no sense. I have to say sorry for you. I do think from your name picture that you are probably not angryful person. I think maybe Az.Mountain is angry with his name picture and maybe I should steer away from him so I don't get trouble.



    Angryful? I changed the "picture" just for you.

  59. #59
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Angryful?
    I think maybe my english isn't good for message boards. I think maybe I could learn from my words and your words because you are a professional message boarder with over 10,000 posts for three years.

  60. #60
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I think maybe my english isn't good for message boards. I think maybe I could learn from my words and your words because you are a professional message boarder with over 10,000 posts for three years.
    Look man, you are rolling out of SoCal on all your IP's. This thread doesn't belong in the beginner forum and by your list of bikes you own you are not a beginner, I am moving it to a more appropriate forum so that you may garner more negative rep.
    Try this: HTFU

  61. #61
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Look man, you are rolling out of SoCal on all your IP's. This thread doesn't belong in the beginner forum and by your list of bikes you own you are not a beginner, I am moving it to a more appropriate forum so that you may garner more negative rep.


    Most excellent.

  62. #62
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Look man, you are rolling out of SoCal on all your IP's. This thread doesn't belong in the beginner forum and by your list of bikes you own you are not a beginner, I am moving it to a more appropriate forum so that you may garner more negative rep.
    Thank you. I stay in Santa Barbara for the working, and live in Les Duex Alpes in the holiday season when the snow is gone.

    I was thought the beginning forum was for new to the mtbr.

  63. #63
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    Thank you. I stay in Santa Barbara for the working, and live in Les Duex Alpes in the holiday season when the snow is gone.

    I was thought the beginning forum was for new to the mtbr.



    Pic of you and and your D.H. sled in the Alps please.

  64. #64
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,201
    Oh , and that Swiss Miss girl.

  65. #65
    Probably drunk right now
    Reputation: Ken in KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,745

    She's hot...

    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Oh , and that Swiss Miss girl.
    Chocolate....

    Borat he is not..... yawn...
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    208
    "Randonnee: French for "Can't telemark ski""

    Get some skins and tele's and earn your turns!
    I'm gonna have to remember that first line! Remember, free your heel and free your mind!

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: High Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    280
    I know several XC guys who are fast DH, on their hardtail race bike

    I just call them good riders

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kinsler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
    I'm gonna have to remember that first line! Remember, free your heel and free your mind!
    I thought it was drop a knee, squat to pee....

  69. #69
    CAMBr Trail Crew
    Reputation: DDDonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    540
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I may not be as fast as I'd like to be when it comes to blasting downhill! But in the midwest where I'm from: Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin (where I did most of my riding for the past x amount of years), these states have nothing that comes even close to the "mountain trails" I'm riding now in the Vegas area! I see all my Vegas riding buddies blasting down the AM trails at places like Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, and as much as I'd like to bomb these trails as fast as they can, I keep reminding myself that they've been riding on this kind of terrain for more years than I have! Also, I'm not gonna ride way over my skill level just because some goof on an internet forum thinks XC racers are slow!

    It's kind of funny in this day of the internet... People like to think that the bike one rides, or the type of riding he does (or his opinion for that matter) is better than anyone elses, when in reality, who really gives a sh!t what you think..!

    Ride on...

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    137
    That's pretty bad when he can't even spell Les Deux Alpes correctly. Maybe he's a moron in 2 languages.

  71. #71
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,825
    No you have it all wrong. It's "squeeze a turtle pinch a frog kick a Zuper in the shin"
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    My dog actually ate my homework once...way back in the 6th grade. I taped it back together (missing a few pieces of course) and put a post-it note on the front saying "my dog really did eat it"...teacher got a kick outta that one
    Been there, bad thing was I usually did forget my homework at home, however I proudly did it one night, set it down while I took a leak by the fence waiting for the bus and the damn goat came up and Chawed down, I could not get the teacher to believe me of course.

  73. #73
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    29,825
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerider2 View Post
    That's pretty bad when he can't even spell Les Deux Alpes correctly. Maybe he's a moron in 2 languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Been there, bad thing was I usually did forget my homework at home, however I proudly did it one night, set it down while I took a leak by the fence waiting for the bus and the damn goat came up and Chawed down, I could not get the teacher to believe me of course.
    LOL That's a classic!
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  74. #74
    Rod
    Rod is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,017
    My spandex makes me faster in all situations
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

  75. #75
    LMN
    LMN is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,713
    Are you serious? No offense but do you have room temperature IQ?

    The answer is pretty obvious. They are slow going down hill because they are using their brakes. Do you know what brakes are?
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

  76. #76
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Are you serious? No offense....
    Opening a statement with "No offense intended, but..." is the number one way to tell people that you do, indeed, intend all the offense in the world.

    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  77. #77
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,583
    So, who here saw the Nascar fire?
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  78. #78
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    I read about it.... Heard it was pretty hot.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    So, who here saw the Nascar fire?
    It burned as slow down the banking as and xc racer could have gone down it

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •