Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    U sayin' Bolt ?
    Okay 'zuper', I really think I have heard of you and your awesome DH ste' ...
    O or maybe I just saw your big-head full of hot air at the macy's thanksgiving day parade.

Humility

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by knutso View Post
    Okay 'zuper', I really think I have heard of you and your awesome DH ste' ...
    O or maybe I just saw your big-head full of hot air at the macy's thanksgiving day parade.

Humility
    I have made you angry, which has your words to make no sense. I have to say sorry for you. I do think from your name picture that you are probably not angryful person. I think maybe Az.Mountain is angry with his name picture and maybe I should steer away from him so I don't get trouble.

Titanium junkie
    Because XC riders don't have 7" of travel to hide their crappy biking
    skills. Gotta pick that line quick with 3" of front travel.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    Because XC riders don't have 7" of travel to hide their crappy biking
    skills. Gotta pick that line quick with 3" of front travel.
    I agree. The lines are good ones for the bikers. I think it's important when picking the lines to remember breath and long races in front.

Does somebody have information on the cowbell at XC races. Is it mandated?

Johnny Dependable
    Having their saddle so high for so long evaporates their balls over time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
    Having their saddle so high for so long evaporates their balls over time.
    Too Funny.
    Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!
    German Engineering in Da Haus, Ja!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    It is a race. You go fast where you can and are cautious where you must be. Your job as a competitor is to know your strengths and weaknesses. If you crash you will loose time and possibly position, plain and simple.

FWIW, IMHO XC races are won on the climbs and spins not the DH sections.
    Tight + Twisty = Tasty
    Earn your turns!

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
    It is a race. You go fast where you can and are cautious where you must be. Your job as a competitor is to know your strengths and weaknesses. If you crash you will loose time and possibly position, plain and simple.

FWIW, IMHO XC races are won on the climbs and spins not the DH sections.
    I think I agree that not everybody has the abilities to go fast downhill because we are all differences and pedaling and riding on flat ground the other aspects of the sport which are bisexual are easier for some.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Isn't there a popcorn emoticon? I thought there was...

zuper, when do we get to see your video of your kickass descending skills?
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Yeah Zuper, when?

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I have made you angry, which has your words to make no sense. I have to say sorry for you. I do think from your name picture that you are probably not angryful person. I think maybe Az.Mountain is angry with his name picture and maybe I should steer away from him so I don't get trouble.
    Not mad, you posted about your problem with being judgemental and I tried to illustrate that the answer is humility ... and true steez..

Really do watch out for AZ he comes outta the clouds like rain and washes impurities away !

Ride More, Whine Less
    here you go...

Fat-tired Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    here you go...
    Thanks!

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    What's this "descent?" I race XC, and all I ever see in my races is a lot of climbing, with some rollers and maybe a flat section or two, and then I somehow end up at the finish line, which is where I started too. I think the course changes as you go through it, so that you're always climbing, but you somehow manage to gain no elevation.

Also, I used to see those DH guys climbing the fireroads on the local trail system all the time. They can walk pretty fast. But yelling out, "On your left!" gets pretty old, pretty quick.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I'm hoping to try some lift-served DH in the next two years or so. I wonder if it's like lift-served downhill skiing... I can get uphill on my alpine skis, but it kinda sucks and I frequently end up walking if I want to access a peak that doesn't have a lift to it. I'm envious when the Randonnee guys pass me on the way up, even though I'm usually faster on the way down and I'm sure that having big, stiff boots and big, stiff skis (the same stuff that sucks to get to the top) is a part of it.

I think XC bikes are a lot more like backcountry skis than classic XC or skate skis, though. Hybrids and road bikes might be better comparisons to that kind of gear.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    "Randonnee: French for "Can't telemark ski""

Get some skins and tele's and earn your turns!
    Tight + Twisty = Tasty
    Earn your turns!

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    Thanks!

but after looking at this thread a bit more, I think this one is more appropriate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    I think it is rather funny that a guy posts in the beginner's forum and critiques others' skills.
    Not to be taken too seriously, I think.
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I think the Does spandex make you faster thread was much more entertaining. This ones kinda Meh.. Although the Monty Python reference did make me laugh

Ride More, Whine Less
    You know, I didn't put it together at first. Zuper was the one that started do tights make you faster thread. Now with that little jewel, I'm doing something I've never done before. I've added a user to my ignore list.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    What's this "descent?" I race XC, and all I ever see in my races is a lot of climbing, with some rollers and maybe a flat section or two, and then I somehow end up at the finish line, which is where I started too. I think the course changes as you go through it, so that you're always climbing, but you somehow manage to gain no elevation.

Also, I used to see those DH guys climbing the fireroads on the local trail system all the time. They can walk pretty fast. But yelling out, "On your left!" gets pretty old, pretty quick.
    I think I understand your words and sayings but you can make lies but can't hide from the truth. The XC riders have the same ability as the downhill riders. Anyone can learn to pedal, except maybe these riders of the tights.

I think maybe these riders need to hear cowbells and some large woman to yell that they can do it and to breathe for the whole race.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
    I think I understand your words and sayings but you can make lies but can't hide from the truth. The XC riders have the same ability as the downhill riders. Anyone can learn to pedal, except maybe these riders of the tights.
    I think you don't understand. The tights have no purpose other than cultivating razor-sharp tan lines and showing off our incredible muscle definition.

The only reason DH riders don't wear the tights is because the only tans they get are mud tans. And those wash right off.

There's no correlation between tights and descending skillz.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

clown question, bro
    trollololol

mtbr member
    why do i always get stuck behind DH guys crawling uphill at a snails pace pushing their 50lbs sleds right up the middle of the trail and refusing to move over...

lol actually its only happened once, but still.

i just had to take a turn feeding the troll, this one looks weak and underfed.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinGB View Post
    i just had to take a turn feeding the troll, this one looks weak and underfed.
    Bloated and overfed, actually. I have homework that I should be doing, but it's online. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard -- have homework where it makes Facebook and this place and every other distraction ever made even more accessible than before? Forrealz?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast