Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

To whomever deleted my thread

If you'd have looked at my history on this site, you'd have seen I'm no troll. I was not looking for free information.
    I mentioned I was going to sell the items I'd found, but was thinking of keeping them because they were too cool. I was going to reserach the parts to figure out what they were, but figured you guys would probably jump in before I'd get the chance.
    Nevertheless, Someone jumped to conclusions and my post got deleted.
    If I was going to sell them, I was going to list them here to give you all first dibs.

I've learned a lot, and shared a lot on this site. I've done more lurking and drooling in this forum though, since my old 98 Trek wasn't "vintage" enough, and just got ridiculed.
    Maybe I'll stick to the Riding with Family and Kids forum, where everyone is much friendlier.

mtbr member
    They let you sell kids there?
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y View Post
    They let you sell kids there?
    Kids are cheap this time of year cuz you're expected to get a present for them! Kind of like getting a new girlfriend right before Valentine's Day. Not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by indianadave View Post
    If you'd have looked at my history on this site, you'd have seen I'm no troll. I was not looking for free information.
    I mentioned I was going to sell the items I'd found, but was thinking of keeping them because they were too cool. I was going to reserach the parts to figure out what they were, but figured you guys would probably jump in before I'd get the chance.
    If I was going to sell them, I was going to list them here to give you all first dibs.

I've learned a lot, and shared a lot on this site. I've done more lurking and drooling in this forum though, since my old 98 Trek wasn't "vintage" enough, and just got ridiculed.
    Maybe I'll stick to the Riding with Family and Kids forum, where everyone is much friendlier.
    It would be great if every mod or admin researched each user's history before deleting one of their posts or thread. Unfortunately, time being valuable to most people and pay being poor, it doesn't happen. Plus, your thread was deleted not because I thought you wanted free information. I deleted it because you said you were going to sell everything but the box to fund your christmas presents. Your exact words. You didn't say you were thinking of it and I can't really sit here trying to analyze your intent. Nobody even had to jump to conclusions. You openly stated it was for sale. Doesn't matter that you were going to give people here first dibs.

Buy an ad, $2. That's it. Nobody went out to hurt your feelings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Kids are cheap this time of year cuz you're expected to get a present for them! Kind of like getting a new girlfriend right before Valentine's Day. Not a good idea.

Good info. What do you think is the best time of year to sell? I'm thinking about getting rid of one or two.

Good pics and start em at a buck like bikes?

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed View Post
    Good info. What do you think is the best time of year to sell? I'm thinking about getting rid of one or two.

Good pics and start em at a buck like bikes?
    Around February 14th actually because people will want to make their wives and girlfriends happy and nothing makes them happier than the gift of the pitter patter of little feet!

Your kids are especially sought after since they come with roller cams.

mtbr member
    Around February 14th actually because people will want to make their wives and girlfriends happy and nothing makes them happier than the gift of the pitter patter of little feet!

Your kids are especially sought after since they come with roller cams.
    Just checked the Riding With Family and Kids forum and there's no WIW sticky for a value check.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed View Post
    Just checked the Riding With Family and Kids forum and there's no WIW sticky for a value check.
    They're smarter and nicer over there. I'm not a big fan of the WIW thread myself. Maybe it should be unstickied.

VRC Hound
    Hey, the WIW thread rules and the guy who started it is super cool.

CS2
    mtbr member
    As you can see Dave this a knowledgeable albeit sarcastic bunch. You need a thick skin to post here. Good luck and don't be so sensitive.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

I just don't even bother with this forum much anymore myself. Retrobike.co.uk is so much better a place.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    I just don't even bother with this forum much anymore myself. Retrobike.co.uk is so much better a place.
    Friendlier for sure. I must admit GOB has been much nicer since becoming mod

VRC Illuminati

-eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post
    Friendlier for sure. I must admit GOB has been much nicer since becoming mod
    Haha! Thanks for noticing. It's been difficult at times.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    I bet! I love those guys. Enjoy!
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    I just come here when my ego needs to be taken down a notch or two.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Team Brooklyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    NICE Mustachio you got there, Rumpfy!!

You should cinch up that chin strap otherwise your sombrero will blow off when you get air!
    Last edited by CCMDoc; 12-03-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    You're right, your 1998 Trek isn't vintage. Don't mention it here please.

Stokeless Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by 83stumpjumper View Post
    You're right, your 1998 Trek isn't vintage. Don't mention it here please.
    And you early 80's Stumthumpers are uninspiring and pedestrian.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Pedestrian? That means to walk. I always ride my bikes!

velocipede technician
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    I just come here when my ego needs to be taken down a notch or two.
    " next time you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try ordering someone else’s dog around."
    looking for 20-21" P team

Comfortably Dumb
    Still waiting for Stan to ride to the OP's rescue.
    They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cousineddie View Post
    Now you've done it.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by cousineddie View Post
    Love it!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Comfortably Dumb
    Now you've done it.
    Don't worry, I think it requires saying his name 3 times.
    They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    This is funny, I don't care who ya are...

Would anyone like me to re-post the pics of the stuff? It really is pretty cool. I probably will sell it all, including the box, since I don't have room in my garage to display it anyway. I've been thinning out the collections to make room to actually do work in the garage. FWIW, I have a collection (well, two) of pedal cars, some old brass fans, old tools, and some old toys hanging on the wall. So I do collect neat old stuff... I'm not just out to make a buck.

I've also rescued a bunch of older mountainbikes, and fixed them up for friends and their kids. Even if they're older, they're still better than any department store bike.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast