Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Stokeless Asshat
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    "Who” and “whoever” are subjective pronouns; “whom” and “whomever” are in the objective case.

Now all we have to figure out is if "whomever" in the post title is the subject, or the object of the sentence. I figure in this case it's safe to say if they cared enough to use "whomever", it must be right, right?
    Pretty smart for a HillBilly there Bob.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

human dehumidifier
    I paid attention in all four grades
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Wow... Talk about a thread derailing... Now... Back to the subject of ridiculing me. LOL
    Seriously...
    Girlonbike
    My pedal cars, and some of my collection of neat old stuff

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Ok, the Mustang sign makes you cool in my book. My first girlfriend had a baby blue all original 1966 with the 289 and pony interior. Spent alot of time in that back seat. Is that a Ford Fairlane pedal car? Daisy air rifles of the "You'll shoot your eye out kid" type? May all your VRC forums sins be forgiven. Those flashlights are awesome.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

one chain loop
    for some reason i dig that bug spray pump..
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yea. I've had a few Mustangs. The back seats weren't very good for doing much... Most of mine, however were hatchbacks where the rear seat folded down. ;-)
    Currently have an 85 SVO. Off to the left in one picture, you can see where "SVO Corner" starts. I have dealer posters, and some diecasts of Mustangs and SVOs.
    There are more vintage flashlights somewhere. I also have some vintage tools, and especially precision tools like calipers and micrometers. I had a third shelf of old pressed steel cars and trucks, but I sold most of them and got rid of the shelf. I was tired of hitting it when actually using the work bench to do work. LOL
    I've got strange tastes, Old tools, flashlights, toy cars and trucks, fire extinguishers, and folding chairs... oh... and bikes. I just haven't been fortunate enough to find a really cool old mountainbike worthy of posting here. My 98 Trek got me off a Walmart bike, and out enjoying the trails on a decent bike. I was pretty proud of bringing it back from the dead, and to me, it was a great restoration. But, I digress.
    The Daisy Red Ryder is actually mine from when I was 9 or 10 years old. I just taught my 10 year old daughter to shoot it. So far, no eyes have been shot out.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Not that there's anything wrong with this thread, but Dave, meet the thread you need to meet!

are you into any other vintage areas?

Mexican food, yes, Hollister, that looks disgusting, but I'm sure it tasted out of this world. Damn, just ate B-fast and that made me hungry.

Play on, and Dave, you are welcome here anytime, you obviously have a head on your shoulders, and skin thick enough for the interwebs, just stop saying "I'm going to sell this" when you talk about stuff, it pisses off the natives, they'll hit you up privately if they want to buy out your whole garage. Actually, I'll bet GOB is on the way there now for that silver pedal car.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Oh, those pedal cars don't even look familiar to me. ha!

Dave, I don't for the life of me understand how you don't have a klunker or something even older?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I actually wondered if there was a "What else are you into" thread, but hadn't gotten to looking for it yet. Thanks.
    Some asked if that was a Tee Bird pedal car. Yes it is. Picked it up at a barn sale over ten years ago.
    Here is my daughter (1 year old at the time) helping me dissassemble it for a restoration.

The firetruck was given to us by our babysitter. She pulled it out of the attic, and my wife noticed it and remembered seeing a picture of me as a little kid riding one just like it. She wouldn't take a dime for it.
    Neither are for sale unless it's "stupid money"

And I have been looking casually for a bike to build into a clunker.
    I recently fixed up an older GT Dyno freestyle bike to play around with at the local skate/bike park.
    Otherwise I ride my wifes 2005 or so Stumpjumper around town.

Oh yea... They're kept in a nice cabinet in the house, but I also collect Redline Hotwheels.
    Link to pics

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by indianadave View Post
    Wow... Talk about a thread derailing... Now... Back to the subject of ridiculing me. LOL
    Seriously...
    Girlonbike
    My pedal cars, and some of my collection of neat old stuff
    Its great when a thread becomes a friendly 'anything goes' thread. We have you to thank IDave!

Cool collection of old stuff. Fellow (past) old Mustang and Bronco owner myself.
    I also love Dr. Pepper, so that old case is rad too!

Thanks for sharin' the pics!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost

banned
    Jan 2012
    This thread sucks Walton Simons' balls.
    Also indianadave, retrobike.co.uk, no whining about posting an ad , MTBR = Pinkbike v2

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasmachineman NL View Post
    This thread sucks Walton Simons' balls.
    Also indianadave, retrobike.co.uk, no whining about posting an ad , MTBR = Pinkbike v2
    Quote Originally Posted by klasse View Post
    P.S. You can list stuff for free on Retrobike MTB For Sale Forum | Retrobike

they also have a US Sellers thread

for fun & for free
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
    I just don't even bother with this forum much anymore myself. Retrobike.co.uk is so much better a place.
    Do you guys get paid to troll? I think that's enough mentions in one thread. We like all vintage bike sites and think of ourselves as sister sites. If you don't like it here, you don't need to visit. What in the world? Let me know and I can help you delete your account here.

illuminaughty

we just run a friendly forum here..nothing to see...move on.

Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Do you guys get paid to troll? I think that's enough mentions in one thread. We like all vintage bike sites and think of ourselves as sister sites. If you don't like it here, you don't need to visit. What in the world? Let me know and I can help you delete your account here.
    That's quite a nice welcome..

illuminaughty

uh-huh!..SSHHHHH!

" just stop saying "I'm going to sell this" when you talk about stuff, it pisses off the natives, they'll hit you up privately if they want to buy out your whole garage. Actually, I'll bet GOB is on the way there now for that silver pedal car..."

Yeah, don't be so upfront about it....clandestine is the operative word round here

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by da'HOOV View Post
    " just stop saying "I'm going to sell this" when you talk about stuff, it pisses off the natives, they'll hit you up privately if they want to buy out your whole garage. Actually, I'll bet GOB is on the way there now for that silver pedal car..."

Yeah, don't be so upfront about it....clandestine is the operative word round here
    PM me your list Hoov.

Hoov, Dee Eight and Klasse are not "friendly" so there goes Rumpfy's comment.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

artistic...
    I just don't even bother with this forum much anymore myself. Retrobike.co.uk is so much better a place.
    'cause no one ever gave a flying f about your posts here anyway. They were mostly wrong. I believe you fit much better there.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Lol!
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

Comfortably Dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by da'HOOV View Post

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Let the fun begin.

All parties should agree at the outset, that they are participating in this little shindig willingly, as this will hopefully help avoid the almost inevitable butthurt, and then requisite gnashing of teeth....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    'cause no one ever gave a flying f about your posts here anyway. They were mostly wrong. I believe you fit much better there.
    Funny, I felt the same way about yours. Still do. Also that this forum was long run like a little private clique and if you weren't part of that "cool" club, or you weren't coveting and begging (read offering money to clique members for VRC parts) for something, then all you got here is disrespected. Apparently it might still be run that way. I mention on page 1, message #10 of the thread I prefer using retrobike's forums, and apparently two others chimed in the same after me and now I'm a troll ?
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

artistic...
    Funny, I felt the same way about yours. Still do. Also that this forum was long run like a little private clique and if you weren't part of that "cool" club, or you weren't coveting and begging (read offering money to clique members for VRC parts) for something, then all you got here is disrespected. Apparently it might still be run that way. I mention on page 1, message #10 of the thread I prefer using retrobike's forums, and apparently two others chimed in the same after me and now I'm a troll ?
    I don't know if you are a troll but i can't see any logic in posting on a thread just to say you don't post anymore cause you despise the place.
    btw.. i never ever bought anything from anyone here and still don't know where is the cool club. I just like the bikes being posted here.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Everybody should take a break and snurfle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyButterfly View Post
    Everybody should take a break and snurfle.
    Can we snurfle some pollo fundito?

WTB: Bontrager Comp Fork & Syncros metal top cap

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Don't even get me started...

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjustin007 View Post
    Can we snurfle some pollo fundito?
    Uhhhh, that's all you buddy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast