Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Life on a Sandbar

The Tolerant Left is not so Tolerant

Name:  obama-mints.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  72.4 KB

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I didn't vote for B.O. and highly disapprove of the first half of his administration with the HCR, involvement w/ the Harvard Professor incident and the TARP spending. All of which lead to the Teabaggers taking control. I don't necessarily disagree with all their views but the way they've handled themselves and their willingness to sink this country disgusts me. And it seems I'm not the only one.

According to the poll, more Americans view the Tea Party unfavorably than ever before: The percentage of Americans that views the Tea Party movement favorably has dropped six points to 20 percent since April, while the number of people who view the Tea Party unfavorably has jumped to 40 percent, up 11 percent from April.

Among Republicans, the drop in favorability is steeper: Favorable views of the Tea Party have dropped 18 points since April, to 41 percent
    Meanwhile, the percentage of Americans who identify themselves as supporters of the Tea Party movement has dropped to 18 percent. This number was at 31 percent immediately following the 2010 midterm elections.
    I work for the government as a project manager and I'm managing a project out west where they are receiving federal funds to provide basic services like electric and water infrastructure to the residents. This was ongoing project and has provided people there with services you and I take for granted. I took a trip there to see first hand last fall and have to say I was actually shocked by the level of poverty I saw. I've been to 3rd world countries and have seen it before but didn't expect to see that same level here. They were like what WV was about 50 or 60 yrs ago.

The goal this yr was 177 families and they were able to exceed that by 25 families w/o any additional funds. Last yr, about 350 families were serviced. The families themselves have to pay for half the installation costs and had various methods for doing so. Avg cost to families ~$5000. To date, most families have met their obligations for this. However, thanks to the teabaggers, the project will not be continued for now but you can rest easy knowing that the tax breaks for big oil* and jet owners will continue. Thanks.

*Exxon just reported $10.68 billion in earnings. 41% increase from last quarter.
    Last edited by crashedandburned; 08-05-2011 at 05:44 AM.

human dehumidifier
    I don't agree with a lot of what he posts, but Rumpfy is right about you Drama.
    I may or may not be laughing at you.

banned
    Looks like the extreme tolerance of the gay scene in Sao Paulo, which enjoys a rather well received and accepted annual gay pride mega-event, has decided to swing the tolerant pendulum in the opposite direction and cry foul when city elders decided to, in the spirit of inclusiveness, have an annual Heterosexual Pride Day. I guess tolerance by the progressives means only one thing, only if it's something they like.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljaws View Post
    Looks like the extreme tolerance of the gay scene in Sao Paulo, which enjoys a rather well received and accepted annual gay pride mega-event, has decided to swing the tolerant pendulum in the opposite direction and cry foul when city elders decided to, in the spirit of inclusiveness, have an annual Heterosexual Pride Day. I guess tolerance by the progressives means only one thing, only if it's something they like.
    It's on both sides. I see no problem w/ a "hetro" or "h0mo" parade. I can see why the religious right gets their panties in a twist. Doesn't make it right though. However, I can see what the left has a problem with.
    Last edited by crashedandburned; 08-05-2011 at 06:31 AM.

human dehumidifier
    That same old hypocrisy has been going on forever. As soon as they label it as a gay parade it's special treatment for a selected group, and if they refuse to allow equal time, then IMO they shouldn't be able to have their own special event. So pull their permit because otherwise city discriminates against the heteros.
    I may or may not be laughing at you.

Life on a Sandbar
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    I don't agree with a lot of what he posts, but Rumpfy is right about you Drama.
    I'm sure eric won't mind that backhanded reacharound you just gave him.

banned
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahhhhhhh.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I do understand crashedandburned's thoughts, mostly. I do not understand why everyone gripes about the tax breaks for the big companys though. Bottom line is whatever taxes are taken from these companies are ultimately passed on to the public, the consumer. So all the "programs" and taxes are in the end paid by those of us who work. The government with their idea of they know whats best for me attitude and the never-ending waste and the constant supply of money to those who wont work, I think we all are Taxed Enough Already. Maybe we need to have national sales tax in place of income tax, it might be 20-25% or so, but it would be paid by everyone that buys something, even the illegals and those who work for under the table cash not just those of us that work. There has to be better way.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by younggeezer View Post
    I do understand crashedandburned's thoughts, mostly. I do not understand why everyone gripes about the tax breaks for the big companys though. Bottom line is whatever taxes are taken from these companies are ultimately passed on to the public, the consumer. So all the "programs" and taxes are in the end paid by those of us who work. The government with their idea of they know whats best for me attitude and the never-ending waste and the constant supply of money to those who wont work, I think we all are Taxed Enough Already. Maybe we need to have national sales tax in place of income tax, it might be 20-25% or so, but it would be paid by everyone that buys something, even the illegals and those who work for under the table cash not just those of us that work. There has to be better way.
    Yes, national sales tax on all consumer goods will catch anybody who (has to to survive and play) consumes. Flat corporate tax of say, 20% and no loopholes.

+ rep your way old fart.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    However, thanks to the teabaggers, the project will not be continued for now but you can rest easy knowing that the tax breaks for big oil* and jet owners will continue. Thanks.
    Those "tea baggers" had nothing to do with the tax breaks for big oil. Putting both in the same sentance makes it seem like they are the ones who put those perfectly legal tax breaks in there. If you don't like the tax breaks talk to your elected representatives and tell them it is time to revise the tax code and get rid of things like that. As far as paying for your project goes, have you been paying attention to how much this country has been borrowing and how much we owe?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
    Those "tea baggers" had nothing to do with the tax breaks for big oil. Putting both in the same sentance makes it seem like they are the ones who put those perfectly legal tax breaks in there. If you don't like the tax breaks talk to your elected representatives and tell them it is time to revise the tax code and get rid of things like that. As far as paying for your project goes, have you been paying attention to how much this country has been borrowing and how much we owe?
    1) They refused to budge to KEEP those breaks in place.

2) What makes you think I didn't? For the record, I voted against BO because he flat out said he was going to spend this money. It was a hold-your-nose-and-vote sorta thing for me. I blame all sides but it's the teabaggers that are willing to destroy this nation. I know a number of them here personally and they've flat out admitted as much.

3) Easy to say that while sitting behind a keyboard powered by an already in-place electrical infrastructure. Something that is lacking out there that this grant was to address. These weren't "lazy welfare" types. I think it's a shameful day in this country when we can't spare a few bucks to help out those that really need it but give tax breaks to those that don't need them. .01% of Exxon's last quarters earnings would have been enough to fund that project for yrs and provide about 1000's families with the same electrical service you and I take for granted. But no. Teabaggers had to protect them. Thank you. If you're a supporter, hope you sleep well in your electrical air-conditioned place tonight.

mikeb
    "It was a hold-your-nose-and-vote sorta thing for me."

jesus that's so sad and so true.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashedandburned View Post
    1) They refused to budge to KEEP those breaks in place. ...................

What you guys always fail to look at is what the company paid in taxes. Of course the LA Times doesn't bother to put it in their article, but Exxon paid 9.3 Billion in taxes on their first quarter profits.

Exxon: Profit Pirate or Tax Victim?

The tax code in this country is a mess. I don't see the article right now, but I read the other day that the tax "beaks" that Exxon got amounted to about 200 million. The politicians put that crap in there so they can play the class envy game. Our politicians, both major parties, are just sick. Only in the U.S government can things like adding 8 trillion dollars to our national debt be called a 2.5 trillion cut in spending.

Stop being a hater. You may not agree with the Tea Party people, but why do you have to make false claims about them a s a group and call them disparaging names?

This may be a shock to you, since you are a government worker, but the Tea Party did not cause the financial crisis. It was largely born from it.

Here is the bottom line. There is no more money, and all the Tea Party is demanding is that the federal government balance their budget. Yup, they sound like a bunch of crazy terrorists that want to destroy the country to me.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    What you guys always fail to ....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/bu...pagewanted=all

Stop being a hater. You may not agree with the Tea Party people, but why do you have to make false claims about them a s a group and call them disparaging names?
    Because anyone willing to destroy a country to push their ideology is a terrorist. And it's not just the budget issue either. I actually agree w/ what they say on it, just not their methods. Look who their poster child is. A woman who reinvents history, believes in creationism and "Praying away the Gay". I can not support anyone who's that big of an idiot.

This may be a shock to you, since you are a government worker, but the Tea Party did not cause the financial crisis. It was largely born from it.

Here is the bottom line. There is no more money, and all the Tea Party is demanding is that the federal government balance their budget. Yup, they sound like a bunch of crazy terrorists that want to destroy the country to me.
    And it may be a shock to you but I didn't vote for Obama for pretty much the reason that we're at where we are now. And I don't blame the teabaggers exclusively either. BOTH sides need to grow up but what I saw from the baggers this latest go-around was disgusting. ABSOLUTE REFUSAL to negotiate. And it seems that I'm not the only one who see them the same way. Their popularity has dropped pretty well since this all started.

mtbr member
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/bu...pagewanted=all

.................................................. .

ABSOLUTE REFUSAL to negotiate. And it seems that I'm not the only one who see them the same way. Their popularity has dropped pretty well since this all started.

You were not bashing GE, you were bashing Exxon Mobil. I could have told you GE was a ward of the state. Good attempt at a classic liberal maneuver though. Change the subject when you get cornered.

Truly sad though. Another formerly great American company whose leadership decided to hitch up to the big government train. It is almost impossible to even add up all the American workers GE has laid off over the last 2 years, yet our President named Jeff Immelt as the chairman of his council on jobs and competitiveness. Really?

Without getting too long winded throwing out all kinds of examples, the real question is, who is more corrupt? The corporations or the political system that allows this kind of crap to take place? GE spent $200 million over the last 10 years on lobbying. What were they buying with that money and from who? I say they were buying politicians who gave them tax loopholes (among other things) worth far more than the $200 million they spent.

I believe that where you and I are different is that you think big business and profits are inherently evil and corrupt. I think that big government is inherently corruptible.

Back to the real subject at hand.

I do not believe the polls about the Tea Party loosing popularity. You can believe the media if you want, I will choose to go with my gut instincts on this one.

There is no way the Tea Party caused this financial crisis. To say that their refusal to abandon their principals is an effort to destroy the country is just insane. It is about time we get a group of people in congress that refuses to go along with the madness that got us to where we are today.

Tell me this. In the end, what damage did the Tea Party do? What did they get? The 2 major parties increased the government spending by roughly 8 trillion over the next 10 years and raised the debt ceiling another 2.6 trillion. The result? A credit downgrade by a rating company that told everyone they would downgrade the credit of this country if we didn't show some effort to get our finances under control.

We have been doing it the old Washington way and we have a failure on our hands. Maybe it is time to try it the Tea Party way.

You didn't vote for President Obama. You don't like Sarah Palin. You don't like Tea Party people. You don't like big business. Got it. Did I miss any?

I find it curious that you are so wadded up about the Tea Party and Sarah Palin. Palin is not in power of any kind. She can't make laws or tax anyone. The Tea Party got nothing they wanted out of the debt debate. Yet you are wrapped around the axle about them and think they are destroying the country. For a bunch of hick redneck fools to pull this off is pretty impressive. Could it be that their ideas scare the crap out of you?

Look man. Stop ranting and lying and name calling. I am sorry your government feed trough dried up. That is just the way it goes. There is no more money.
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 08-09-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

Life on a Sandbar
    ^^^^^^
    + rep to the eleven bush guy; great job!

Big B's Trails
    .... And it seems that I'm not the only one who see them the same way. Their popularity has dropped pretty well since this all started.
    Trendy much???

+Rep to 11 bravo for thinking clearly
    I dig dirt!

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by TraumaARNP View Post
    I'm sure eric won't mind that backhanded reacharound you just gave him.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahhhhhhh.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

You know Trauma, for being a total close minded homophobe...you and Steeljaws are awfully close. That guy follows you around like a puppy defending your honor.

I swear to god if Steeljaws is a sock puppet account and you're using it to laugh at your own jokes...that'll just be the most pathetic thing in the whole world.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost, 26.8 x 400 IRD seatpost

Life on a Sandbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    You know Trauma, for being a total close minded homophobe...you and Steeljaws are awfully close. That guy follows you around like a puppy defending your honor.

I swear to god if Steeljaws is a sock puppet account and you're using it to laugh at your own jokes...that'll just be the most pathetic thing in the whole world.
    It's an honor to be stalked by you, and a total dishonor to be accused of having a sockpuppet, much less steeljaws. You know, let me be more honest, I find being stalked is quite creepy, so save it, since steeljaws is banned, unless of course, you intend to defend my honor.

AZ
    banned
    11 Bravo gets a cookie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Tolerant Left is not so Tolerant-cookie_sugar.jpg  

VRC Illuminati
    It's an honor to be stalked by you, and a total dishonor to be accused of having a sockpuppet, much less steeljaws. You know, let me be more honest, I find being stalked is quite creepy, so save it, since steeljaws is banned, unless of course, you intend to defend my honor.
    Steeljaws is banned!? Hahahaha! Well, that would make sense then...seeing as how having a sock puppet account is forbidden. Nice work ace.
    -eric-

Life on a Sandbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Steeljaws is banned!? Hahahaha! Well, that would make sense then...seeing as how having a sock puppet account is forbidden. Nice work ace.
    I really don't know what you're celebrating little fella', but your incessant stalking of my posts and threads is getting real old....find someone else to stalk and whine about whatever unresolved personal issues you have, shipmate, 'cause I'm not buying it.

P.S. You really are starting to creep me out ace.

VRC Illuminati
    I really don't know what you're celebrating little fella', but your incessant stalking of my posts and threads is getting real old....find someone else to stalk and whine about whatever unresolved personal issues you have, shipmate, 'cause I'm not buying it.

P.S. You really are starting to creep me out ace.

You're so cute when you're creeped out. Stalk ya' later!
    -eric-

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You were not bashing G.......
    Wow. So many misconceptions and assumptions. It's a wonder you can make it through the day.

You got me pegged. That's for sure. Yup. Sure do. Left/right, on/off, up/down. No other way about it for me. Yeessss siirrr reeee. I wonder if you even read what I posted or follow the news.

As far as your gut. Go for it. It's worked out so well for the mass of people that go to Vegas, play the Powerball and voted in the last presidential election.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast