Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Nice. We should guard against possible clerical errors and escapes by killing people. That's kind of like scrapping your new car because it may be involved in a terrible collision some day except we're dealing with human beings not machines. If they can't be safely locked up and secured 24/7 with all the prison technology of today maybe we should get some different people involved in designing and running prisons.
    Absolutely. Kill them all. If they are dangerous and useless to society to the point that they are locked in a tiny little cage the rest of their lives, then why not. They have no regard for the lives of others, so why have any for theirs?

As far as getting different people to design, build, and run prisons...good luck with that. When states go with the lowest bidders...that's what you get. I spent enough time in LE and corrections seeing the same people constantly in and out of jail/prison to learn that locking people up doesn't work. It takes them off the street for a certain amount of time but they get out and go right back to what they were doing before they got locked up. Bad thing is, often times they come out stronger and smarter about how to better commit crimes).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    We should do everything we can to make sure that killers actually did the crime they are convicted of, even if it means DNA testing. They also need good lawyers to make sure they have can defend themselves.

But after we know they're guilty, I say burn them all and make them pay. Is it revenge? Perhaps, but I'm comfortable for that.

banned

Voila! From mindless to thought provoking.

No it doesn't make me feel superior given that I am of average intelligence and see so many of similar abilities shutting down any remnants of critical thinking they once had and presenting themselves to the world as blood thirsty idiots by their own choice: "maybe stuff a load of explosives up his bungee and make him a human IED".

Really, one would have to be an idiot to be threatened by and choose to make a scapegoat of a retarded person and want to kill them, even if the mentally retarded person was a killer themselves. Locking them away from society to protect us from them will be sufficient for me, I don't need blood too, I'm no Nazi or other form of authoritarian eugenicist like a lot of Americans seem to be these days. It doesn't surprise me that there are so many blood thirsty low-lives around that advocate killing mentally challenged people though. Being a common garden variety human turd is really quite common and it's a lot easier than trying to retain your basic humanity in this insane world.

Suggesting we can be protected by simply locking sociopathic killers away from society, in a prison, displays the shortcomings of your rather average intelligence. I'll walk you through this. You lock a hardened killer up for life. Is he concerned about serving a double life term? Of course not. So what does he do to entertain himself and earn favors from fellow inmates. You get a gold star if you guessed he tries to murder prison guards, prison doctors, prison nurses, any other prison staff he can get close to. Those staff are not guilty of any crimes. They have families that prefer they return home alive each day. Nobody should be placed at such high risk around hardened killers. If the killer had been executed, what are the chances he would assualt prison staff? I'll give you credit for any answer under 10%. I guess you don't have to be blood thirsty to be an idiot. Tell me what else is sufficient to you besides innocent prison staff being murdered by a sychopathic killer. Care to share your average explanation?
    Last edited by The Prodigal Son; 08-15-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: delete some sections of post

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son View Post
    I've never thought of Jesus Christ as a Nazi or other form of authoritarian eugenicist or blood thirsty low life. But he was clear about what qualifies a person for execution. Crystal clear.

Let's be clear, you wouldn't execute anyone for any reason. I'm not even sure if you arrive home and found your wife about to be murdered, and you could get to a weapon, you'd feel right about killing the perpetrator in order to save her. Some might consider you a garden variety human turd of a differnt kind.

Suggesting we can be protected by simply locking sociopathic killers away from society, in a prison, displays the shortcomings of your rather average intelligence. I'll walk you through this. You lock a hardened killer up for life. Is he concerned about serving a double life term? Of course not. So what does he do to entertain himself and earn favors from fellow inmates. You get a gold star if you guessed he tries to murder prison guards, prison doctors, prison nurses, any other prison staff he can get close to. Those staff are not guilty of any crimes. They have families that prefer they return home alive each day. Nobody should be placed at such high risk around hardened killers. If the killer had been executed, what are the chances he would assualt prison staff? I'll give you credit for any answer under 10%. I guess you don't have to be blood thirsty to be an idiot. Tell me what else is sufficient to you besides innocent prison staff being murdered by a sychopathic killer. Maybe we can discuss how over 70 million murdered unborn children is a sufficient resolution to an unwanted pregnancy. Left wing nutjobs love to embrace the murder of the unborn. I fully enjoy listening to them explain how reasonable it is to terminate the lives of the most innocent and defenseless among us while it is so very wrong to execute pre-meditated killers. Care to share you average explanation?

Great. Mixing politics and now abortion and religion in an attempt to get the thread sh*tcanned. I won't play your mindless games, sorry.

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Great. Mixing politics and now abortion and religion in an attempt to get the thread sh*tcanned. I won't play your mindless games, sorry.
    AKA.... I can't think of any good responses so I will bow out with a lame excuse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2