Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

TD has a stalker

Most of us appreciate what TD has done over the years and enjoy his postings, maps, videos, trail maint., etc.

I think someone out there REALLY REALLY likes what he's done more than the rest of us............what do ya say GM?

Thanks TD
    Last edited by Apexit; 11-14-2010 at 09:14 AM.

locked - time out
    May 2005
    suck
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 06:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gmookher
    I appreciate alot of what he does
    dont get it twisted

I think he ha been a great benefit to enhancing sedona trails, but the sections he works on end up too easy, IMHO

thats just my opinion. I like rugged and natural lines, not ones he smooths ad flattens out
    Well, trails really aren't that rugged and natural. Make you own line.

Elitest thrill junkie
    thats just my opinion. I like rugged and natural lines, not ones he smooths ad flattens out

makes riding my ML8 boring
    I don't think you even have a clue what kind of terrain and trails exist in Sedona, and which ones he does and doesn't build/fix. You seem to be talking about the general intermediate/advanced trails, not the expert/black diamond types, of which there are quite a few. Get out there.

Are you really saying this about pyramid, damifino, highline, hangover, high on the hog, and other areas/trails that allow for lots of drops/launches?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Oh wait, his bike is made of scandium.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

banned
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Oh wait, his bike is made of scandium.

what is enduro, am and XC? 3 types of bikes for one style of riding. Marketing hype...LOL

locked - time out
    May 2005
    cun

locked - time out
    May 2005
    bite

banned
    Oct 2010
    xc bike has 1.9s, 24lbs
    enduro has 2.25 27lbs
    ml8 is on 2.35 32lbs
    devinci on DH2.5s

I use the xc bike for mileage
    the etsx is my do it all bike
    the maverick is my favorite bike, which seems to not like dumbed down trails
    I have yet to find a place to ride the DH bike locally

Marketing hype

locked - time out
    May 2005
    ttt

banned
    Oct 2010
    wow

you're statement sounds really stupid

tell ya what, when we go downhilling bring your XC bike
    when I go on a 20 mile ride, bring your DH bike

one bike maybe all you gots, but choosing the right tool for the job takes money, which takes intelligence

oh wait, I'm the dummy falling for marketing hype..

you sound stupider

banned

Warning. Do not take this guy lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexit
    Most of us appreciate what TD has done over the years and enjoy his postings, maps, videos, trail maint., etc.

I think someone out there REALLY REALLY likes what he's done more than the rest of us............what do ya say GM?

Thanks TD

Apexit, I think you nailed it. Trail Doc has a stalker. I mean an actual real life stalker. My former law enforcement senses are telling me this guy is suffering from some kind of psychosis. If time permits, read the entire thread that includes his first appearance on MTBR. Chilling.

Fedex rant!!!!!!

Do not meet this person or let him know who you are or where you live. Trail Doc, be careful out there. Don't go out alone. It's not worth the risk.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Oh Christ, this is one serious dick waiving contest.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Take some red rocks to Crusty Butt!
    Because, one is never enough.

mtbr member
    I have yet to find a place to ride the DH bike locally
    You think you know alot about Sedonuts, but yet you haven't found any DH trails in AZ? You've been here for 8 months and flag is only an 1hr from you, Hmmm?
    Last edited by helimech; 11-14-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Fedex rant!!!!!!
    Damn!!

locked - time out
    May 2005
    oink
    Last edited by gmookher; 11-15-2010 at 06:06 AM.

mtbr member
    I got it now. TD must've showed you up on some ride and now your all butt hurt. TD has lots of friends, I think your out numbered.
    JRA

locked - time out
    May 2005
    poo

mtbr member
    He IS a better biker than me, thats fact. My skill level is nothing compared to his...

um, what was your point? oh u didnt have one...

great post

why is it when I suggest we keep the trails difficult all the children start to cry 'mommy"?

is it that hard for you to fathom someone finding sections that have been worked on being made too easy?

This troll has spoken: I'm ANTI DUMB IT DOWN
    I'm all for trails that are hard & tech, thats all I do. I think your putting all this on TD for what reason??. All he is doing is making new ones and maintaing the old 1's. If you want harder trails you should venture out a little, there is plenty very close.
    I don't need a point, all your posts & threads about TD covers that. He is far from retiring. Later.
    JRA

mtbr member
    hey guy, ride a bike and drink a beer.

you are waaay harsh. sorta make rogerdoger look like Mr. Rogers....

relax. you might find more people will listen.

or some of those people might show you some of the trails your looking for.

make friends not enemies, the bike is an escape. you make it seem like weapon.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

locked - time out
    May 2005
    come

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    If you don't want to ruffle feathers, stop posting. You're either a 12-year-old or you're off your meds. Simple. I don't know you or Traildoc. I do know when you post the same message on a bunch of another member's old posts, the creep factor is high.

You clearly have poor impulse control based on your behavior on this forum today and on the older thread linked above. Up your dose, tough guy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Last edited by raisingarizona; 11-14-2010 at 07:11 PM.

banned
    gmookher, must have posted 50 different times today. What have you gained?

I warned people because you were involved in selling a wheelset to a fellow MTBR member that went bad, and after many MTBR members got involved and began investigating your alledged sale, they concluded you had lied and committed fraud. You never fully explained to anyones satisfaction and made threats to get on a plane and go visit the buyer of the wheels who paid you and never got his wheels. It didn't help that you used the analogy of taking a rifle over to someones house and robbing them. It's all so very creepy. And saying you've been riding in Sedona for 8 months when you posted you had just arrived there in mid July. Saying you are from Seattle, Colorado and back east and married, etc. All of which are out of sequence in your own posts. Same as when you tried to explain that Ebay wheel sale scam. But by all means, post another 20 times tonight explaining how you purchased insurance but didn't and sold wheels that you said came with a bike you bought and then said you purchased them on Ebay, when there was no sale, and got booted off Ebay for no particular reason. Then told people they needed better math skills to understand how much you had lost in your transaction, only to be caught falsifying your losses and pretending you were the victim.

This is what most people saw when you got here in July. You can understand why they find you more odious than friendly. I'm going to stick with my first impression; psychopath

07-18-2010
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

well Im here, and friendly and love to ride
    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/fedex-rant-116996-2.html#post1068858

cmv96
    mtbr member
    Originally Posted by iliketwizzlers
    I'm a relative newbie to the whole eBay thing but this thread makes me want to buy only from retailers. Do you have the URL of the original auction?

Here tis: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I also reported possible suspicious bidding activity during the auction to eBay. You'll note the price surprisingly jumped $500 in one bid entry for some reason. Shilling perhaps?
    iliketwizzlers
    mtbr member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry, but it sounds like you got royally screwed. None of the pictures in the auction are of a Centerlock disc wheelset; they are all of the rim brake version. Also, in the body of the text, the seller said these wheels came on a bike he just bought from a LBS. In the questions, though, he said he "paid $680 for them just 2 weeks ago and can prove it thru PAYPAL". Right... MAYBE he paid for a Crossmax upgrade or something but why would he have paid through Paypal? Lots of suspicious bid retractions, too. Lastly, this user is "no longer a registered user".

I don't have any good explanation for the lost package (although someone else might), but instead of seeing pictures of disc wheels in that auction, I see a bunch of shady info.

Good luck getting your money back.
    redrock_z71
    mtbr member

Originally Posted by iliketwizzlers
    Sorry, but it sounds like you got royally screwed. None of the pictures in the auction are of a Centerlock disc wheelset; they are all of the rim brake version.

^ I agree! Nothing in that auction adds up. Additionally, if you look in his feedback for other auctions he did.... I didnt see another auction where he did "User ID kept private" for. Definately odd he did that for this one.

cmv96, did you notice whether or not he showed up as not a registered user before you started bidding? This auction was covered by the Paypal Buyer Protection so the $1K coverage does apply..... not sure what will happen now that he is somehow not a registered user all of a sudden though. I guess for now, only time will tell.
    cmv96
    mtbr member
    Originally Posted by redrock_z71
    ^ I agree!

cmv96, did you notice whether or not he showed up as not a registered user before you started bidding? This auction was covered by the Paypal Buyer Protection so the $1K coverage does apply..... not sure what will happen now that he is somehow not a registered user all of a sudden though. I guess for now, only time will tell.

Yes, he did indeed show up as a registered user before I started bidding with high ratings as you can see. eBay apparently yanked his registration after I reported suspicious bidding.

Where does it indicate that this auction was covered by the Paypal Buyer Protection?? I'm on hold with PayPal right now to try and verify.

Thanks!!
    pacman
    mtbr member

suspicious

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    ^ I agree! Nothing in that auction adds up. Additionally, if you look in his feedback for other auctions he did.... I didnt see another auction where he did "User ID kept private" for. Definately odd he did that for this one.

I looked at the auction too. Look at the retracted bids! I would say someonel was fishing for your reserve bid.
    cmv96
    mtbr member
    No problem! For the looks of it, you will definately be covered for the up to $1K..... just not sure how it will turn out now that he's no longer a registered user. I dont think it should matter but who knows.

Yep, just got off the phone with PayPal and they confirmed that I'm protected for up to $1,000. sweeeeeeeeeet!
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

Seller gets shafted

Okay, you all are having way too much fun:
    Some M-F at FedEx is riding around on a set of $850 wheels he stole.
    The BUYER is delighted that he gets all his money back, nicely deducted out of MY ACCOUNT. Insurance and buyer protection my a$$. BTW I bought the wheels using BUY IT NOW on ebay item 7165759191. Let there be no doubt that I am a biker, who went out and got the Crossmax SL Centerlock, and then decided to keep my XTR's and sold them as new. Yeah, Fedex lost the wheels. YET NOW I AM OUT 1 SET OF WHEELS and I AM OUT $725. I am F_CKED in this deal as a seller. Now, as it happens, my airbill shows a declared value. Their copy does not. They refuse to cover me. I have a family lawyer who even wrote me a letter for free, but I am not about to retain him as his fees may exceed the value of the goods here. SO, while I tried to reson witht hte BUYER, he cares not what I suffer, so long as he gets his. Ebay and Paypal are out to please the BUYER. I for one will continue to sell on ebay, but wont use PAYPAL, and Will NEVER use Fedex again. and Mark can go F himself, that greedy ba$tard.
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

Oh do I sound angry? You go LOOSE $1300 bucks and see how peachy you feel. Sure I look like the bad guy. Yeah some dude retracted bids. It happens all day? Why am I under a freaking magnifying glass? Its FedUP who F'd Up.yeah- I am mad, you would be too. I went above and beyond and VOLUNTARILY refunded him the $362 and now he's screwing me out side our agreement? We had a long email stream, I explained how I was getting F'd, explained how this had to be an internal job where everything from the air bill to it getting lost in Memphis, Fedex's HQ. I offered him half feeling bad for him and he turns around and bites me. This makes you want to mail him presents to exprerss how you feel. Un nervring? Try watching your bank balance drop due to paypal. I got kicked of EBAY.com cause the bugger complained too many times. Yeah, try my shoes on for a ONE MINUTE. Now, I have no choice but eat this, or to file a petty small claims lawsuit against both BUYER and Fedex, followed by a civil suit in the both the BUYER's state and in Tennessee.Both parties will be responsioble for my time, my lawyers time, our travel, any filing fees, and meanwhile I gotta sign abunch of paper work and put up some initial money.
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

JEEZ what you all never took algebra? add this up:
    1 set of wheels cost me $680. I no longer have these, so I am out $680
    THEN, BUYER takes another $725 outta my bank account thanks to paypal.
    $680+$725+go get your calculator. Wait till Fedex screws you...and then you pay the buyer half, and then he screws you, want the other half. The only one i see getting screwed is me
    www.keepsedonarugged.com
    Speedub.Nate
    On MTBR hiatus

Originally Posted by gmookher
    1 set of wheels cost me $680. I no longer have these, so I am out $680 THEN, BUYER takes another $725 outta my bank account thanks to paypal.
    $680+$725+go get your calculator.

Wait, didn't the buyer pay you $725 prior to PayPal deducting it back out of your account? That part of the transaction is a wash.

I see you with a $680 loss.
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

Man I am just so mad. Whether I am out $680 or a greater sum, I am the one loosing, NOT paypal, NOT ebay, NOt fedex, NOt the Buyer!
    redrock_z71
    mtbr member

JEEZ what you all never took algebra? add this up:
    1 set of wheels cost me $680. I no longer have these, so I am out $680
    THEN, BUYER takes another $725 outta my bank account thanks to paypal.
    $680+$725+go get your calculator. Wait till Fedex screws you...and then you pay the buyer half, and then he screws you, want the other half. The only one i see getting screwed is me

I hope you dont take this the wrong way but nothing in your story checks out!!! Nothing at all.

If these Crossmax SL's were disc and centerlock compatable, why did you post pics of the rim brake version?

If you did purchase these wheels from another Ebay member, why did you state in your replied message that you took these off a new bike you purchased??

I checked the ebay item you stated where you bought them and you did not buy that Item (there is no PROOF at all). The seller ended the auction stating it was no longer available. There were no bids on it and it wasnt ended early with the buy it now option. So your story does match up on that either.

I also find it hard to beleive that only your mailing receipt shows a declared value unless you tried to forge it on there to get reimbursed. Major companies like that are on top of scams and if everything doesnt match up they dont consider it to be legit.

Additionally, like everyone else is stating..... YOU DID NOT LOOSE ~$1300 you lost your wheels and your wheels alone. PERIOD!
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

I am taking it the wrong way:

1-I advise sincerely that you do not pursue a career as a detective

2-get a hobby, and if you';re gonna waste your time playing detective try harder

3-i agree the photo was a stock photo i pulled off another ebay auction,atleast youy can see that much, what you're never lazy? did you even bother to read my reviews under ebayu user smooker? didnt think so

4-if you had any mental skils you'd see auction number

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7165759191

and realize i am the one who purchased those wheels using BUY IT NOW

I'm not in the mood for this BS so g'head, make my day. There is enough for everyone here
    LyNx
    MTB Barbados

Posts: 11,882 This is my last reply because your whining is getting very annoying.

You are NOT entitled to the money for the product you sold till the person who you sold them to recieves them. If he had paid by cheque qhatever you would have screwed him out of his money and he would have all rights to sue your ass and would win.

As for the actual wheels.....
    1 - You stated you took them off a new bike you had just bought, yet now you claim you bought them off e-bay - this constitues a fraudulant act
    2 - that they were disc specific rims - you posted pics of rim specific set, this is also fraudulant

How can you have a case when the photos don't match the discription and your story doesn't match back. Get a life and learn that if you want to play at the selling game you are responsible for murchandise until it is in the hands of the buyer. Also the buyer was being a push over and you were taking advantage of him, if he did accept funds to the amount of 1/2 the price I hope it he returns these funds to you - if not then you have a case against him. Next time get your story straight and buy the proper insurance of face facts that **** happens and it's your responsibility to correct the F8ck Ups and you might lose items and not get the money for them.
    gmookher
    Stop Trail Sanitization

LYNX,Picture this: I am coming over right now with my rifle and taking $680 out of your wallet, againt your will by any means needed. See how you feel. I am the target here. Wanna switch spots? Thats what Paypal is doing to me. I guess unless you're in my shoes you can call it whining. Like i said, if i came over and took your money against your will, you'd see how much you whined. I tired to work soemthing out with BUYER, he agreed, some 20 emails later. I paid him per agreement we made mutually. Then he snafu'd me. I am on orbitz right now, flights to his hood are cheap- aint nothing there-we may need to settle this my way. Don't pass judgemtn till you've tried on my shoes. And I have big feet.
    XC_Miles
    mtbr member
    Quote:
    I am on orbitz right now, flights to his hood are cheap- aint nothing there-we may need to settle this my way. Don't pass judgemtn till you've tried on my shoes. And I have big feet.

...and to think I had sympathy for you. I thought both you and the buyer were getting shafted by FedEx. You are a first rate wackjob and your stories don't add up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast