Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Specialized at it AGAIN!!!

On the very day that the Cafe Roubaix debacle seems to be coming to a close... Just when you thought it was getting better:

Specialized is at it AGAIN!!!

Jarek Barc That's nice. And TODAY I get a letter from Specialized lawyers saying my family-owned apparel brand, Epix (Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear) is too similar in their eyes to Specialized "Epic" MTB frames. Come on guys. The wording is DIFFERENT. The stylization on the wording is DIFFERENT. We are not competing for the same clients (bike frames vs apparel). I invested my life in this, just like Dan did. I'm not saying you shouldn't defend what is rightfully yours. I'm saying you are over-reaching. You did so with Dan, you are doing so with me, and I think the vast majority of people will agree.

Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear
    Unique design, serious performance cycling, triathlon & custom apparel

FUKK YOU SPECIALIZED!!! IN THE A$$!!! WITH A RUSTED CROWBAR!!! AND NO LUBE!!!
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

The Fastest of Bananas
    Hmmmm, indeed good sir, I am also at a elevated degree of frustration at these shenanigans.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Reminds me of an episode of the Simpson's where Homer Stars "super hyper mega global technology cooperation" or something like that, then Microsoft stop by to buy him out, smashing all of his equipment.
    That sucks, is there anything that you can do that won't require spending your life savings on lawyers? Mabey bringing light to their business practices an organizing a boycott?

The White Jeff W

Re: Specialized at it AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surf&turf View Post
    Reminds me of an episode of the Simpson's where Homer Stars "super hyper mega global technology cooperation" or something like that, then Microsoft stop by to buy him out, smashing all of his equipment.
    That sucks, is there anything that you can do that won't require spending your life savings on lawyers? Mabey bringing light to their business practices an organizing a boycott?
    I've already boycotted Specialized products.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Specialized ... BACK OFF!

SPP
    Rigid.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    An apology from the previous incident: https://www.facebook.com/specialized...52049504672579

I wonder if they knew that their lawyers sent out another letter: https://www.facebook.com/epixgear/po...2089763882505#
    Last edited by cobba; 12-12-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Redcoat
    Well, its at least some major advertising for epix. I definately feel inclined to buy things from Epix just to smite Specialized. As everyone already hates specialized i can only see this as a good outcome for epix, as douchey as it may be the way it is happening.

With all due respect i had no idea what/who epix is/was. I do now.

MTB B'dos
    Un fvcking believable, hope they get that letter out to all media and social-media botch slap their asses again. Wonder if the douche will ever appologise to Tom Ritchey for stealing his design, taking it to Japan, having it copied & mass produced and then slapping the Stumpjumper name on it and making $$$$$$$?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Swedetarded
    Flood social media with the story. This has to stop.

#boycottspecialized
    #supportepixgear

mtbr member
    Specialized sure are PRIX!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    What is with these guys? They're trying to eat their young.

mtbr member
    Specialized may not have invented Roubaix or the term "epic" but they did create a new term: "Specialized." as in, "that's not fair, don't be a Specialized. that's really greedy, you just pulled a Specialized on that little mom-n-pop store. stop being a Specialized and claiming credit for stuff you didn't create."

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    "FUKK YOU SPECIALIZED!!! IN THE A$$!!! WITH A RUSTED CROWBAR!!! AND NO LUBE!!!"

I supported Dan, in part, because of his calm, unemotional, and reasoned approach to the issue. Good luck with your approach.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    no kidding. this is really getting old

perpetual pucker factor
    wow. yet another reason to dislike them. I already had plenty.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

The White Jeff W

Re: Specialized at it AGAIN!!!

How long before Switchback Bikes gets a letter. They have a letter S in their logo.

http://www.switchbackbikes.com/
    No moss...

mtbr member
    This is all very very disappointing!! I started biking on Specialized bikes back in the late '80's and then sold Specialized in the early '90's and was about to pull the trigger on a set of their carbon wheels but I think I am DONE!! I haven't owned a Specialized bike since '94 but I just can NOT support a company that works the way they work...so if you are wondering Specialized how these law suits are going to effect you...you lost a sale and another customer FOREVER!!!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Doc View Post
    On the very day that the Cafe Roubaix debacle seems to be coming to a close... Just when you thought it was getting better:

Specialized is at it AGAIN!!!

TODAY I get a letter from Specialized lawyers saying my family-owned apparel brand, Epix (Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear) is too similar in their eyes to Specialized "Epic" MTB frames. Come on guys. The wording is DIFFERENT. The stylization on the wording is DIFFERENT. We are not competing for the same clients (bike frames vs apparel). I invested my life in this, just like Dan did. I'm not saying you shouldn't defend what is rightfully yours. I'm saying you are over-reaching. You did so with Dan, you are doing so with me, and I think the vast majority of people will agree.

FUKK YOU SPECIALIZED!!! IN THE A$$!!! WITH A RUSTED CROWBAR!!! AND NO LUBE!!!

Post the letter please.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    this blows. please don't kill me but my favorite mtb shoes are specialized with boa laces. guess I will let them wear out/blow out, and choose another vendor next time...

squish, squish in da fish
    yeah IDK how they have a leg to stand on that when its apples to oranges. i guess you can do what you want when you **** money. i too would like to see the letter posted. it would be nice if a judge would be in favor of the little guy, but that trial would bankrupt a small company

banned
    Sep 2010
    Post the letter. This thread is a "selfie" until then. Trust but verify. A call to arms without supporting it is not kosher. I'll sharpen my knives until then.

mtbr member
    The only thing Specialized that I use is their road shoes, dislike this kind of shenanigans so no more big S stuff for me.

AZ
    banned
    I would like to see the letter.

High Desert MTBer
    Pardon me for being an old cynic, but this seems like some gratuitous publicity for Epix?!?!
    It's all Here. Now.

AZ
    banned
    Yep, smacks of opportunism, would really like to see the letter before proceeding.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast