Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    So the rusty crowbar statement is you or epix saying that?
    The rusty crowbar comment is mine, NOT Epix. My deep apologies to everybody at Epix for the confusion. It was late last night, and I was tired when I cut and pasted the original bit from Epix's Facebook page, and then added my own $.02 and I posted it without proofreading. Sorry to all for the confusion. The folks at Epix are handling this with much more grace, similarly to how Caafe Roubaix handled it. It was just me being angry at how Special Ed was treating Epix, and going agro. Nobody at Epix has gone off about this anywhere near as hardcore as I did.
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

Lord Thunderbottom
    I feel like a douche for owning 2 of their bikes, they make good stuff, why do they have to be such azzholes?
    Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I like Specialized bikes. I have two currently, have owned and sold several more, and will buy their bikes again, particularly if I ever get the fatbike bug again.

On the outrage scale this whole thing barely registers with me. I've had nothing but good customer service from specialized and the couple of problems I've had with their products were resolved quickly.

It's business. At what point would you say Specialized is justified in protecting their intellectual property?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Post the letter. This thread is a "selfie" until then. Trust but verify. A call to arms without supporting it is not kosher. I'll sharpen my knives until then.
    I just became aware of the fact that my original post makes it look as if I am part of Epix. I am not. The opinions stated and the angry language used are mine and are NOT the words of anyone at Epix. I merely saw a post about this late last night on the Epix Facebook page, and cut and pasted it, then added my own intro and summary, and posted it, without taking time to proofread the composite of their words and mine, before I posted it. I was merely trying to help someone who I saw as being bullyed, by getting the word out, and in retrospect, it looks as if my extreme outrage that I expressed appeared to have been their (The good folk at Epix) words. They were not their words; they were mine. Sorry to all for the confusion. Good luck to Epix in their fight with the bully!
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

AZ
    banned
    Respectfully, you should have this thread deleted while you still maintain a thread of credibility.

mtbr member
    Meh....

mudhen
    "Lighten up Francis" Sgt. Hulka

29ers Forever
    Specialized. I have something to say.
    I'll Hardrock your Stumpjumping A$$ epicly while Carving a camber while riding in an Enduro!

BACK OFF! I know you want to make yourself sound powerful, but you are shhtupid!
    I have a good song about this: "Weird Al" Yankovic - I'll Sue Ya - YouTube
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

banned
    Nov 2013
    For all of the Doubting Thomas types

Specialized at it AGAIN!!!-epix.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

29ers Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Masked Avenger View Post
    For all of the Doubting Thomas types

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epix.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	854379

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Specialized is being a bully.
    EPIX (sportswear), is not the same as EPIC (XC FS mountain bike)
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er serious mountain bike
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- play mountain bike

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Specialized owner admits mistake - give him credit for taking responsibility.

Sinyard Takes Responsibility And Apologises To Café Roubaix Owner | Cyclingnews.com

banned
    Sep 2010
    A scan is all anyone asked for, 10 hours ago.

mtbr member
    A scan is all anyone asked for, 10 hours ago.
    And it has already been posted 3 times on the previous page.

https://www.facebook.com/epixgear

http://i.imgur.com/NC5NXj3.jpg

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by syl3 View Post
    And it has already been posted 3 times on the previous page.

https://www.facebook.com/epixgear

http://i.imgur.com/NC5NXj3.jpg

No **** Sherlock, it only took 10 hours.

mtbr member
    and that is relevant how?

banned
    Sep 2010
    It is relevant because you don't start a crucifixion without all the relevant documents. And how are you relevant in this thread since you just entered it?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Doc View Post
    On the very day that the Cafe Roubaix debacle seems to be coming to a close... Just when you thought it was getting better:

Specialized is at it AGAIN!!!

Jarek Barc That's nice. And TODAY I get a letter from Specialized lawyers saying my family-owned apparel brand, Epix (Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear) is too similar in their eyes to Specialized "Epic" MTB frames. Come on guys. The wording is DIFFERENT. The stylization on the wording is DIFFERENT. We are not competing for the same clients (bike frames vs apparel). I invested my life in this, just like Dan did. I'm not saying you shouldn't defend what is rightfully yours. I'm saying you are over-reaching. You did so with Dan, you are doing so with me, and I think the vast majority of people will agree.

Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear
    I have little sympathy for you.
    You have been around long enough to know that Spec has a trademark on "Epic" and aggressively defends it.
    Changing the spelling does little as it still sounds VERY similar. The look of the logo does not matter.
    You made a poor choice.
    Period.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by russinthecascades View Post
    Specialized owner admits mistake - give him credit for taking responsibility.

Sinyard Takes Responsibility And Apologises To Café Roubaix Owner | Cyclingnews.com
    That was such a sorry excuse for an awkward, nervous and insincere FORCED apology, that I'm ashamed for any of you who are actually Stupid (with a large red "S") enough to believe that it had any meaning other than, "I'm in deep S#!+ (with another, bigger red "S") now... What do I HAVE to do, now that I've been called out by so many THOUSANDS of people for being a COMPLETE douchebag?"

mtbr member
    No **** Sherlock, it only took 10 hours.
    Well then, Floyd Dippenshit, what have though to say about Special Ed waiting until DAY FIVE of the Cafe Roubaix debacle to utter a peep, or about the fact that not one of the "S" Holes at the Big Red "S" has commented on this so far???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    You have been around long enough to know that Spec has a trademark on "Epic" and aggressively defends it.
    Changing the spelling does little as it still sounds VERY similar. The look of the logo does not matter.
    You made a poor choice.
    Period.
    Why don't you go "moderate" the Specialized forum instead of this one, since you're such a Specialized fanboy? Perhaps then, if you do a good enough job of neutralizing all of the incoming artillery, Big Mike himself might just come around and give you a great big bro-hug like Dan got!

banned
    Sep 2010
    Well then, Floyd Dippenshit, what have though to say about Special Ed waiting until DAY FIVE of the Cafe Roubaix debacle to utter a peep, or about the fact that not one of the "S" Holes at the Big Red "S" has commented on this so far???

I think that you could possibly be the biggest dipshyit on the board for not having all the info went you went off half cocked trying to garner favor with the anti Big Sers. You know how it works, pics or GTFO. So much fail in one thread. So now, what do you think dipshyt?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    You made a poor choice.
    Period.
    I see what you mean, "Specialized Epic" is sooooo incredibly difficult to distinguish from "Epix Gear". I'm sure that many customers have tried to purchase a mediocre mountain bike from the Big Red "S", and ended up with some really great road jersey or shorts by mistake. (By the way, Shigglet, I have absolutely NOTHING to do with Epix, other than being completely disgusted by the corporate bullying that they have been the target of, so please don't say, "you", but rather kindly refer to the good folk at Epix as "they", lest more people confuse those good folk with some crusty old guy with a bad attitude, like ME.)

duh
    Well let us look. Specialized didn't own the rights for Roubaix another company did. Also since Roubaix was name of a town the Trademark was questionable. Epic is not a place so Specialized could and did trademark the name.

Epix is very similar and can easily be mistaken for Specialized since Spec does sell apparel. So in this case Specialized does have a case and the owner of Epix is just trying to use the Roubaix case to their own advantage. Sorry Epix doesn't get my sympathies for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

squish, squish in da fish
    so is my buddies "epic cycles" is in jeopardy? they have nothing to do with bicycles just moto. i mean they both have the word cycle, so he's fvck'd too? i will ghost ride a moto through their HQ if so. oh ****, there's an epic cycles thats sells bicycles in clermont florida. fvck i'd better call em tomorrow that the hammer is coming. **** it looks like they went bankrupt once already

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Specialized at it AGAIN!!!

I see what you mean, "Specialized Epic" is sooooo incredibly difficult to distinguish from "Epix Gear". I'm sure that many customers have tried to purchase a mediocre mountain bike from the Big Red "S", and ended up with some really great road jersey or shorts by mistake. (By the way, Shigglet, I have absolutely NOTHING to do with Epix, other than being completely disgusted by the corporate bullying that they have been the target of, so please don't say, "you", but rather kindly refer to the good folk at Epix as "they", lest more people confuse those good folk with some crusty old guy with a bad attitude, like ME.)
    Well, you presented this as being YOUR family company. Since is it not, and you are not in this fight, the thread is over.

The only true words in your responses is you are a crusty old guy with a bad attitude.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3