Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Just when I thought they were on the track of redemption....FAIL.

mtbr member
    The Specialized ********tery continues...

Always a good day to ride
    If the Big S is up to the same old crap, shame on them!!

Please post up the letter so we know that this is a legit issue and not just a ploy to try to drum up hype for your business, Epix.

Specialized Threatens Another Small Business: Epix Gear | riding against the grain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    Yep, smacks of opportunism, would really like to see the letter before proceeding.
    This ^^^

mtbr member
    Can't these businesses counter suit on account of this being a frivolous case?

duh
    let us see an article or the letter instead of the epix site. Kinda weird that it is just him talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    YOu only need one thread about this. You are starting to look like a troll who is making this stuff up. Post the damn letter or shut up already.

mtbr member
    How many posts about this are you going to make Doc?? I really don't think we need one in every forum especially since it's unconfirmed at this point.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    yup - get a scan up por favor.....
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey everyone, grab your pitchforks and jump on the hater bandwagon!!!

Is anyone else getting tired of weaponized social media? Pretty soon it's going to turn into the boy who cried wolf and no one will listen.

Maybe people should focus more on the fact that lawyers are making a lot of money for themselves with all of this. Seems to me specialized's lawyers are looking for job security in the wrong ways... and this isn't limited to only specialized, they're just in the limelight right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iWiLRiDe View Post
    Can't these businesses counter suit on account of this being a frivolous case?
    Sure, they could, but it takes $$$ to afford the legal fees, and that is how the megacorps win. They just drag out the legal proceedings until the little guy is drained of money, then win by default.
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Doc View Post
    Sure, they could, but it takes $$$ to afford the legal fees, and that is how the megacorps win. They just drag out the legal proceedings until the little guy is drained of money, then win by default.

Where is the scan?

mtbr member
    Sorry about the multiple posts in various threads, but I'm just so frustrated with corporate bullies, that I felt the need to get this and the previous story about Café Roubaix out to as wide an audience as possible.

I have absolutely NO affiliation with Epix, and am now starting to be quite curious myself about seeing a copy of the actual letter.
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    please excuse some thread wonkiness....just merged a whole mess into this one...
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

AZ
    banned
    This should be deleted.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I would like to see the letter.
    Epix says that they will be releasing more info on this situation this evening...

mtbr member
    Yep, smacks of opportunism, would really like to see the letter before proceeding.
    Epix says that they will be releasing more info on this situation this evening...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Pardon me for being an old cynic, but this seems like some gratuitous publicity for Epix?!?!
    Epix says that they will be releasing more info on this situation this evening... and given SpecialEd's history of bullying, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Epix over the "S" Holes until proven differently...

mtbr member
    Post the letter please.
    I have nothing to do with Epix; just saw THEIR post about this, late last night on Facebook, and it pissed me off. Epix says that they will be releasing more info on this situation this evening... and given SpecialEd's history of bullying, I have to give the benefit of the doubt to Epix over the "S" Holes until proven differently...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Post the damn letter or shut up already.
    Epix says on their facebook page that they will be releasing more info on this situation sometime this evening. I'm looking forward to the details, myself.

mtbr member
    Maybe go after Ellsworth as well.

squish, squish in da fish
    I have absolutely NO affiliation with Epix, and am now starting to be quite curious myself about seeing a copy of the actual letter.
    what what whaaat?! your 1st post you said YOU just got a letter from special ed saying they are after your family company. WTF i dont get it, sumthin round here is fishy and its not my taco.

edit: put up or shut up. i am not a fanboy, but your cred is ****

mtbr member
    On the very day that the Cafe Roubaix debacle seems to be coming to a close... Just when you thought it was getting better:

Specialized is at it AGAIN!!!

Jarek Barc That's nice. And TODAY I get a letter from Specialized lawyers saying my family-owned apparel brand, Epix (Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear) is too similar in their eyes to Specialized "Epic" MTB frames. Come on guys. The wording is DIFFERENT. The stylization on the wording is DIFFERENT. We are not competing for the same clients (bike frames vs apparel). I invested my life in this, just like Dan did. I'm not saying you shouldn't defend what is rightfully yours. I'm saying you are over-reaching. You did so with Dan, you are doing so with me, and I think the vast majority of people will agree.

Epix Cycling & Triathlon Gear
    Unique design, serious performance cycling, triathlon & custom apparel
    Unique design, serious performance cycling, triathlon & custom apparel

FUKK YOU SPECIALIZED!!! IN THE A$$!!! WITH A RUSTED CROWBAR!!! AND NO LUBE!!!
    So the rusty crowbar statement is you or epix saying that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    what what whaaat?! your 1st post you said YOU just got a letter from special ed saying they are after your family company. WTF i dont get it, sumthin round here is fishy and its not my taco.

edit: put up or shut up. i am not a fanboy, but your cred is ****
    Sorry about the confusion, I merely cut and pasted a post by someone at Epix, and then added my own comment to the bottom of it and then pasted it here. It was late last night and I was tired, and I didn't notice that it appeared to read as if I was part of Epix. My apologies to everybody at Epix, if my extreme displeasure at SpecialEd and my even more extreme way of stating such has been interpreted to be from Epix. The opinions stated and the words used are mine and NOT theirs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast