Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I like pie.

Somebody doesn't know what being a poser means.

Some fool gave me neg rep. And said quote: "your a poser for following this trend of poser threads on this forum". I won't fault the fellow for his grammar. But he/she really needs to study up on who is a poser.

Perhaps we should discuss what it means to be a poser. Just so said fools can get it right.

Poser: one who gets a high end bike, what said person perceives as having the right kit, gear and outfit. To appear as if He/she actually rides while in the parking lot. Posts on MTB sites and pretends to know a thing or two. But really has an issue with getting mud on his bike. Will give it up after college. Said bike will appear on ebay after sitting in a garage for two years.

Me? I've been in this business since 1992. I ride. I am slow, older than you and a bit overweight, but I enjoy the sport. Both of my bikes are custom built by your's truely. I only say this to let you know that I am cold sh!t on the trail. Not to worry, you will beat me to the top of the hill most times. However, on a 30 mile ride we will both finish it. At the same time. If your chain breaks. No problem. I got the tool. Sidewall tear? I have a boot. My bikes are light and fast. I wish I could say he same for me. I do know a thing or two. I put my time in the local shop.

Why this post?

See my first paragraph.

So who is poser? A Fred if you will.

AZ
    banned
    Again?

I like pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Again?
    LIke flies to Sh!t.

My mom did not raise me right.

Live 2 Ride
    Me? I've been in this business since 1992. I ride. I am slow, older than you and a bit overweight, but I enjoy the sport.
    Well said. Sounds a lot like me as well. I to have been riding since the early '90s, I have an old bike, I'm out of shape, yet I love to ride.

I enjoy no other sport as much as mountain biking.
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Poser. n. 1. Someone who rides a mountain-bike but does not come out for trail work.
    Last edited by JonathanGennick; 05-16-2012 at 05:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Something wrong with your bike? Blame it on super human strength and sleep well at night knowing you are more than a man.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Bring on more poser threads! j/k.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I’m guilty as charged….. (again?)

Thank You – that’s what I thought a poser is / was.

Nobody I hang with has ever mentioned the word ‘poser’ before. My only exposure has been on the Internet.

You go to the trailhead and people are doing their thing. Everybody does it a different way and has a different skill set but I never met / saw anyone hanging around with cool gear talking about how good they were and never engage.

I have actually met a lot of cool people in lots and on the trail. Virtually all of them dressed and acting differently than I do.

As posted in another thread, I thought I knew what a poser was until a bunch of the comedians here decide to muddy the waters with sarcasm and humor (attempted humor when I read it!). Not many engineers quit their day job to get spot in standup. i.e.: I don’t get the humor and being ignorant about the lingo made me go –> I must be really be missing something here. How are Cannondale rep / riders posers? How are guys checking their tires / drinking beer in the parking lot automatically posers? Hence my WTF post.

Going on and on about it just adds confusion and fuel to the fire for a bozo like me……

What I have met are drongos and jerks. Drongos are so messed up they narrowly miss getting a Darwin Award. Jerks are like the guy I asked for trail directions: he looks at our bikes, looks us up and down and then tells me – ‘don’t go that way, it’s too rough, you will never make it’. Then rides off. Oh well… we went anyway and survived. Thanks for the directions….

Where do all these guys see all these ‘posers’? Is it where you live?

banned
    Let this stupid fcuking thread die!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_dog_canyon View Post

Going on and on about it just adds confusion and fuel to the fire for a bozo like me……

Google it, they largely do not exist in the world, it is just a point used to stir the pot and and bring controversy to the board. That said, please let this thread die. TIA.

Oh, Jesus...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Google it, they largely do not exist in the world, it is just a point used to stir the pot and and bring controversy to the board. That said, please let this thread die. TIA.
    I did Google it years ago!

Do you get you are one of the contributors to the confusion. I was not alone in this. PMs with another member confirms others were in the same boat.

This is now in the Off Chamber forum. You can choose to read a thread or not but I will not me told what to do or what to post.

If you don't like the thread push on...

BTW - I don't know what TIA means, so no effect here....

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Oh, Jesus...
    I often strut around parking lots pretending to be ^.

P.S. not monzie
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Suckin wind like a boss
    TIA- thanks in advance.

and FFS let it die. I second it.

banned
    Sep 2010

Do you get you are one of the contributors to the confusion. I was not alone in this. PMs with another member confirms others were in the same boat.

This is now in the Off Chamber forum. You can choose to read a thread or not but I will not me told what to do or what to post.

BTW - I don't know what TIA means, so effect here....

You can't be that stupid can you?

banned

You couldn't let it just die?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    You can't be that stupid can you?
    Stupid - NO.

Ignorant about somethings - YES.

Do you know what an ICP (Ion Charge Pump) or TIM (thermal interface material) is?

If you don't, I wouldn't call you stupid...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    You couldn't let it just die?
    What is with you guys!

YOU can choose to read a thread or not when you read the topic, YOU choose to post or not.

It sounds like to me, YOU need to skip what YOU don't want to read and push on...

banned
    What is with you guys!

YOU can choose to read a thread or not when you read the topic, YOU choose to post or not.

It sounds like to me, YOU need to skip what YOU don't want to read and push on...

You are the odd man out. The majority of posts in this thread are to let this thread die, yet you insist upon perpetuating it leading some if not many to believe that you are a troll and nothing more.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I smell troll meat.

AZ
    banned

You profess to be confused but at the same time claim to have googled it and know the meaning, and yet you claim that I contribute to the confusion. Color me confused.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie scum View Post
    You are the odd man out. The majority of posts in this thread are to let this thread die, yet you insist upon perpetuating it leading some if not many to believe that you are a troll and nothing more.
    If that is how you feel, how about leading by example....

Suckin wind like a boss
    i thought this was ICP? (NSFW)

banned
    If that is how you feel, how about leading by example....

Defering responsibility is a classic troll tactic. Thanks for affirming the suspisions. I'm done with this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast