RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009

Shooting in Arizona:

First, what a tragedy. My heart goes out to the families of those affected by the actions of that nut-job. I'm sure that he will be punished, but that does nothing to restore the loss of life.

MSN is reporting today that he fired 31 rounds and nobody stopped him until he ran empty. It is unfortunate that he was allowed to continue murdering men, women, and children for so long. Especially when the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows each and every one of us to protect ourselves and others from such things.

But I guess that's what the hoplophobes want- large numbers of unarmed victims.

mtbr member
    For sure, if everyone had been carrying a Glock it would have ended peacefully.

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS
    First, what a tragedy. My heart goes out to the families of those affected by the actions of that nut-job. I'm sure that he will be punished, but that does nothing to restore the loss of life.

MSN is reporting today that he fired 31 rounds and nobody stopped him until he ran empty. It is unfortunate that he was allowed to continue murdering men, women, and children for so long. Especially when the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution allows each and every one of us to protect ourselves and others from such things.

Kirk, I think it's time to seek a qualified mental health professional, I'm sure someone in the force could discretely provide some local recommendations.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55
    Kirk, I think it's time to seek a qualified mental health professional, I'm sure someone in the force could discretely provide some local recommendations.

I hope that you are a member of a LEA, and this will carry more weight with him.

Please listen to the gentleman above.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    From the Guardian:
    "one of the people who helped immobilise Jared Loughner did have a gun, and, by his own admission, only a split-second decision that fortunately went the right way prevented him from shooting an innocent man."

Maybe what would have helped the situation more would have been if a young man with a history of mental disturbance hadn't been able to buy a semi-auto glock and pop on an extended magazine.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by RIS

Except that there was a CC citizen that helped to tackle him. He was interviewed and said he considered drawing his weapon, but that at the range he was and given the circumstances, he wouldn't have been able to stop the immediate shooting and it was quicker to just tackle and subdue him with the help of others. Maybe your state has "large numbers of unarmed civilians", but this one does not. This one doesn't even require a CC permit anymore! Let me know how that worked out for us.

Pretending that CC is some sort of magical solution to every "bad guy" situation is simply ridiculous.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

human dehumidifier
    at least I learned a new word today
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone