Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Sexism against men at Sea Otter Classic

I’m writing to express my outrage at the 1st annual Ladies’ Day event at the 2011 Sea Otter Classic.

Both men and women have long been involved in sporting and recreational activities, including cycling, but there are no “Men’s Only” events. As I’m sure you’re aware, such a category would never be tolerated in today’s politically “correct” society, so why are the events coordinators at the S.O.C. allowing this double-standard?

There have been an increasing number of female biking enthusiasts over the years, to where they already represent a huge segment of cyclists on the roads and trails. For this reason, it is an abomination that the S.O.C. is “rolling out a special red carpet” for females and even giving them a free admission on Sunday, April 17th.

To Lorri Lee Lown, the coordinator of the “Ladies’ Day” event, and to all other women involved who might claim they are interested in equal treatment between genders, I wish to remind them that equality means equality, not special treatment to women, men or any other group.

It is indeed an act of sexism for the S.O.C. to hold a “Ladies only” event and it should be permanently removed from the Sea Otter Classic. I urge everyone to contact the coordinators of this event to protest it. http://www.seaotterclassic.com/index.cfm/ladies_day.htm

mtbr member
    May 2007
    wow, really?

All fat, all the time.
    Helping to make MTB events LESS of a sausage-fest. Geez why are you complaining?

AZ
    banned
    You would think that the more women involved the better , kind of like "ladies night" you know .

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark
    Helping to make MTB events LESS of a sausage-fest. Geez why are you complaining?
    Maybe he likes sausage-fests.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Because females are getting special privileges at this event, that's why. It is blatant gender-bias and it doesn't belong in a public event. How do you suppose women would feel if they had "Men's Day" where men get in free and all the other goodies women are going to get at this event?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    You would think that the more women involved the better , kind of like "ladies night" you know .
    That's fine as long as they pay their fair share.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Didn't your daddy ever teach you to be nice to girls? Gender-bias? REEEEEALLY?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ryball
    Didn't your daddy ever teach you to be nice to girls? Gender-bias? REEEEEALLY?
    Being nice goes both ways.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What do you mean "something I didn't do?" My post is a modified version of an email I sent to both the coordinator of the S.O.C. and the coordinator of Ladies' Day.

mtbr member
    As someone lucky enough to have found a cute Mtn Biker chick to spend my life with, I think events like this are great. Regardless of their growing involvement, the size of the female mtn biking community is quite small. My biker chick is really excited to even SEE another girl riding on the trail and would be very excited to attend an event designed to introduce female riders to one another. If it is likely to draw one extra rider to the sport or to an event (regardless of gender) then it is good for the mountain biking community as a whole.
    There are much more damaging issues to focus your energy on.

how many emails have you written whining about the lack of a white history month?

Assuming that you are both Caucasian, and Male... realize that you've got it pretty good, and no one is going to take that away from you in their attempt to build a community based on their own gender, race, disabilities, etc...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    OH NO!!! Women getting special treatment because they are women?!?!?!?!??!

YES... because they are women.

SO

WHAT?

Where have all the gentlemen gone?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pritchett
    As someone lucky enough to have found a cute Mtn Biker chick to spend my life with, I think events like this are great. Regardless of their growing involvement, the size of the female mtn biking community is quite small. My biker chick is really excited to even SEE another girl riding on the trail and would be very excited to attend an event designed to introduce female riders to one another. If it is likely to draw one extra rider to the sport or to an event (regardless of gender) then it is good for the mountain biking community as a whole.

how many emails have you written whining about the lack of a white history month?

Assuming that you are both Caucasian, and Male... realize that you've got it pretty good, and no one is going to take that away from you in their attempt to build a community based on their own gender, race, disabilities, etc...
    *golf clap*

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

There are plenty of gender-issues that are worth worrying about, especially if you're a male. You're probably not even aware of the plethora of anti-male legislation in place. Most men aren't, until they become victims of it, that is.

I've never blogged about the non-existence of white history month.

The Ladies' Day event is simply another example of gender-bias against men in this country. It compliments the anti-male sentiment in our society along with male-bashing commercials, sitcoms, movies, anti-male legislation and gender-bias in the curriculums. I'm sorry you see Ladies' Day as nothing more than an attempt to bring women into the sport, but I visited the website of the woman who's coordinating the event and there is clearly a feminist agenda on her part. Where I ride, a huge percentage of cyclists are women and there is simply no justification for giving any group, male or female special privileges at a public function.

If someone wants to hold a private event and grant entitlements, that's fine, but not at an event that is open to the public.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    OH NO!!! Women getting special treatment because they are women?!?!?!?!??!

YES... because they are women.

SO

WHAT?

Where have all the gentlemen gone?
    Why should women, or anyone, for that matter, receive special treatment?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve D.
    That's fine as long as they pay their fair share.

Yeah , you get it , NOT .

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah , you get it , NOT .
    I wish you did.

AZ
    banned
    Why should women, or anyone, for that matter, receive special treatment?

Because they are special, a gift that should be cherished, adored, held in the highest regard. Not to be treated like just some other guy. But I don't think you will get that either.

AZ
    banned
    Maybe he likes sausage-fests.

Might be something to this theory.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Because they are special, a gift that should be cherished, adored, held in the highest regard. Not to be treated like just some other guy. But I don't think you will get that either.
    You're either a woman with a princess and entitlement mentality or a hen-pecked eunuch. I think the latter. To put a woman on a pedestal is to say you have less value than they do.

mtbr member
    There are plenty of gender-issues that are worth worrying about, especially if you're a male. You're probably not even aware of the plethora of anti-male legislation in place. Most men aren't, until they become victims of it, that is.
    As a fan and reader of this blog http://roissy.wordpress.com/ I am well aware of the anti-male legislation with regard to divorce, paternity, domestic violence, sex crimes, etc... as well the betafication of the American male population promoted by the media and hollywood/advertisers. I am in no way a feminist and regrettably find myself a tad misogynistic at times. These are issues that are worth getting worked up about, no doubt.

I do not see how offering a female only sub event compares to any of this.

Male and female racers compete in separate categories in every cycling event that I'm aware of. Is this of concern to you as well?

I guess I have a "no harm, no foul" mentality about things like this, and I'm confused about your concerns. You can offer the "First they came for my Sea Otter event, but I did nothing..." argument, but I just don't see what's being taken from you or anyone else with a wiener by letting the girls play in their own corner every once in a while.
    Last edited by Pritchett; 02-24-2011 at 08:06 PM.

AZ
    banned
    You're either a woman with a princess and entitlement mentality or a hen-pecked eunuch. I think the latter. To put a woman on a pedestal is to say you have less value than they do.

Whatever you say sis. What's the matter , your mom didn't hold you when you were young ? Your hatred for women bleeds from every one of your posts . You might consider professional help before it is too late.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    As a fan and reader of this blog http://roissy.wordpress.com/ I am well aware of the anti-male legislation with regard to divorce, paternity, domestic violence, sex crimes, etc... as well the betafication of the American male population promoted by the media and hollywood/advertisers. I am in no way a feminist and actually consider myself to be quite misogynistic. These are issues that are worth getting worked up about, no doubt.

I do not see how offering a female only sub event compares to any of this.

Male and female racers compete in separate categories in every cycling event that I'm aware of. Is this of concern to you as well?

I guess I have a "no harm, no foul" mentality about things like this, and I'm confused about your concerns. You can offer the "First they came for my Sea Otter event, but I did nothing..." argument, but I just don't see what's being taken from you or anyone else with a wiener by letting the girls play in their own corner every once in a while.
    Well, I'm glad that at least someone on this post is aware of the anti-male sentiment that takes place in the courts system and Hollywood.

Unlike you, though, I am not a misogynist. In fact, I think the best way to respect women is to treat them like equals, as peers. Allowing them special privileges is not a gesture of mutual respect.

I've been to the website of the organization that is coordinating the event. Since you're so familiar with anti-male sentiment, her website should look all too familiar to you with her feminist rantings about sports.

OF COURSE there should be separate categories for men and women competing in the same sport. It should be obvious to any clear-thinking person why.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Whatever you say sis. What's the matter , your mom didn't hold you when you were young ? Your hatred for women bleeds from every one of your posts . You might consider professional help before it is too late.
    Oh, I see, so a man who dislikes inequities must have mommy issues or hate women, huh?

If you're a woman, I suggest you grow up. If you're a so-called man, I suggest you grow a pair.

mtbr member
    You're kind of being a jackass man. Just let it go, this is a non issue. You're not going to get your sausage party/women hating mob you're after.

Most of us are happy to invite more women to the sport.. and yes, we're fine with them getting "special treatment".

mtbr member
    If I get some free time/am bored enough, Ill write them a letter supporting their event. They should know you're the fringe extreme minority.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot
    You're kind of being a jackass man. Just let it go, this is a non issue. You're not going to get your sausage party/women hating mob you're after.

Most of us are happy to invite more women to the sport.. and yes, we're fine with them getting "special treatment".
    Nobody here hates women, at least none that I know of, and there are plenty of fair ways to get more women into the sport. This issue has already made its way to men's rights groups and other places where people don't consider misandry a non-issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    If I get some free time/am bored enough, Ill write them a letter supporting their event. They should know you're the fringe extreme minority.
    Go right ahead. For every letter written in opposition there will be hundreds supporting it. This issue is making news far beyond the biking community.

Moderator Moderator
    OP, you're right, this is an outrage! You should definitely boycott this event!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer
    OP, you're right, this is an outrage! You should definitely boycott this event!
    Who's OP?

banned
    Sep 2010
    Who's OP?

That would be you . OP = original poster or maybe Opie. Agree with the other poster , you should boycott this event .

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott
    That would be you . OP = original poster or maybe Opie. Agree with the other poster , you should boycott this event .
    So do you think I should boycott the event or do you think it should be boycotted by everyone?

banned
    Sep 2010
    do you think it should be boycotted by everyone?

Just you , save yourself all the mental anguish that will be caused by the thought that all the ladies were not treated equally .

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just you , save yourself all the mental anguish that will be caused by the thought that all the ladies were not treated equally .
    I'm not sure what you mean. I was claiming men are not being treated fairly by the addition of Ladies' Day, a new event at the Sea Otter Classic.

mtbr member
    I believe the suggestion to boycott the event was likely sarcastic...

Though I understand your general concerns, I've yet to hear a reason that this specific event is negatively effecting you or anyone else? Slippery slope logic is not valid here. There are womens only fitness centers in most areas of the country. There are mens only social clubs and fraternal orders. Granted these are private businesses and organizations, and I'm sure there are those who object to these as well... I just don't get it.

When I lived in Michigan there were womens group rides and skills clinics and no one complained. Most thought it was great! There's a womens section of this very forum that doesn't seem to be detracting from anyones ability to enjoy the rest of the forums content.

What can this opportunity for women be compared to that has caused harm to anyone?

If the organizer is a feminazi ******bag, then fine. Call it like you see it... But the event itself is what you're attacking.

banned
    Feb 2011

Though I understand your general concerns, I've yet to hear a reason that this specific event is negatively effecting you or anyone else? Slippery slope logic is not valid here. There are womens only fitness centers in most areas of the country. There are mens only social clubs and fraternal orders. Granted these are private businesses and organizations, and I'm sure there are those who object to these as well... I just don't get it.

When I lived in Michigan there were womens group rides and skills clinics and no one complained. Most thought it was great! There's a womens section of this very forum that doesn't seem to be detracting from anyones ability to enjoy the rest of the forums content.

What can this opportunity for women be compared to that has caused harm to anyone?

If the organizer is a feminazi ******bag, then fine. Call it like you see it... But the event itself is what you're attacking.
    Unlike the other posters here, you, at least, are civil.

I think you answered your own question when you mentioned the private clubs. I have no problem with private clubs. As you say, there are men's clubs, women's clubs, etc. and I am perfectly fine with that. In fact, the woman who's coordinating Ladies' Day has a women's riding group, which is great!

Where I have a problem is when the event is public, open to everyone, and special privileges are granted to a particular group; in this case women. I especially have a problem with it because it is SO consistent with entitlements we see all over our society for this particular group and it's hypocritical, since no men's privileges exist for any other public event that I know of.

No, it doesn't harm me personally anymore than it does Steve D., but it is yet another great disservice perpetrated on our gender. In the absence of all the other anti-male behavior we see in the western world, I would NOT have thought anything of this event either. Based on the website of the gal who's coordinating the event, she does comes off as a feminazi, by the way.

I suspected sarcasm from the other poster, too, which is probably why he asked for clarification.
    Last edited by 872now; 02-24-2011 at 10:01 PM.

banned
    Feb 2011
    I’m writing to express my outrage at the 1st annual Ladies’ Day event at the 2011 Sea Otter Classic.

Both men and women have long been involved in sporting and recreational activities, including cycling, but there are no “Men’s Only” events. As I’m sure you’re aware, such a category would never be tolerated in today’s politically “correct” society, so why are the events coordinators at the S.O.C. allowing this double-standard?

There have been an increasing number of female biking enthusiasts over the years, to where they already represent a huge segment of cyclists on the roads and trails. For this reason, it is an abomination that the S.O.C. is “rolling out a special red carpet” for females and even giving them a free admission on Sunday, April 17th.

To Lorri Lee Lown, the coordinator of the “Ladies’ Day” event, and to all other women involved who might claim they are interested in equal treatment between genders, I wish to remind them that equality means equality, not special treatment to women, men or any other group.

It is indeed an act of sexism for the S.O.C. to hold a “Ladies only” event and it should be permanently removed from the Sea Otter Classic. I urge everyone to contact the coordinators of this event to protest it. http://www.seaotterclassic.com/index.cfm/ladies_day.htm
    I totally agree with you. Don't pay any attention to the manginas on this blog who think women deserve special treatment. Most, if not all of these guys, are obviously under the age of 40 and aren't old enough to remember when males were still respected in our society. They've grown up being brainwashed by the mainstream media that spews feminist rhetoric and lies.

These morons unwittingly contribute to the war against males by condoning special privilege to women and they likely think the male-bashing commercials are innocent and funny. I know a young guy who used to think the same way until he found out about the anti-male VAWA law. He was sentenced to 2 months in jail for finally defending himself against his wife who had been beating on him for years. Needless to say, he doesn't think like a mangina anymore.

Indeed, the Ladies Day event IS sexist, plain and simple. Too bad some of these idiots simply pass it off as merely an attempt to attract more women into the sport. Please...

Thanks for your post, I'm getting the word out.

banned
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 872now
    I totally agree with you. Don't pay any attention to the manginas on this blog who think women deserve special treatment. Most, if not all of these guys, are obviously under the age of 40 and aren't old enough to remember when males were still respected in our society. They've grown up being brainwashed by the mainstream media that spews feminist rhetoric and lies.

These morons unwittingly contribute to the war against males by condoning special privilege to women and they likely think the male-bashing commercials are innocent and funny. I know a young guy who used to think the same way until he found out about the anti-male VAWA law. He was sentenced to 2 months in jail for finally defending himself against his wife who had been beating on him for years. Needless to say, he doesn't think like a mangina anymore.

Indeed, the Ladies Day event IS sexist, plain and simple. Too bad some of these idiots simply pass it off as merely an attempt to attract more women into the sport. Please...

Last edited by 872now; 02-24-2011 at 09:23 PM.

banned
    Sep 2010

banned
    Feb 2011
    Just because I want true equal rights does not make me a woman-hater. On the contrary, I love women and one of the best ways I can treat them as equals is not to put them on a pedestal, which only puts them above me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkc5430lGM

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Unlike the other posters here, you, at least, are civil.

I think you answered your own question when you mentioned the private clubs. I have no problem with private clubs. As you say, there are men's clubs, women's clubs, etc. and I am perfectly fine with that. In fact, the woman who's coordinating Ladies' Day has a women's riding group, which is great!

Where I have a problem is when the event is public, open to everyone, and special privileges are granted to a particular group; in this case women. I especially have a problem with it because it is SO consistent with entitlements we see all over our society for this particular group and it's hypocritical, since no men's privileges exist for any other public event that I know of.

No, it doesn't harm me personally, but it is yet another great disservice perpetrated on our gender. In the absence of all the other anti-male behavior we see in the western world, I would NOT have thought anything of this event. Based on the website of the gal who's coordinating the event, she does comes off as a feminazi.

I suspected sarcasm from the other poster, too, which is probably why he asked for clarification.
    As I said, if it's a private club, they can do whatever they want. When it's a public event, it's a whole different story.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Like 872now, I saw the coordinator's website and I agree with him/her that the woman coordinating the event is a "feminazi," which is one of the reasons I'm against Ladies' Day. I know the agenda behind this crap and it's not to simply attract more females to biking.

mtbr member
    872, what planet do you live on where mens grossly disproportionate domination of everything doesnt happen? Things arent equal now, massively biased in mens favor.

Im pretty sure 872 is steve d.

mtbr member
    id guess the OP just received another rejection email from match.com or e-harmony. dont worry steve, theres a girl for you out there. just keep on keepin on.

banned
    Feb 2011
    872, what planet do you live on where mens grossly disproportionate domination of everything doesnt happen? Things arent equal now, massively biased in mens favor.

Im pretty sure 872 is steve d.
    I'm not Steve D. but saw his blog on another site, decided to join this post and throw in my 2 cents.

Do you have anything to back up your statement about male domination or do you simply get your information from the mainstream media like most people?

Big Gulps, Alright!

You said the 'r' word, so prepare to engage. First off, the English language is predominantly patriarchal in nature. Example: make a list of qualities to describe the female gender, then make a corresponding list for the male gender. Which list has more attributes that would be considered positive? (positive regardless of gender) Similarly, examine the double standard for sexual promiscuity: men who sleep with a lot of women are labeled things like "player," "stud" and "ladies' man." Women who sleep with a lot of men are called "$luts," "whores," tramps," etc. For women, none of those are terms of admiration, while men enjoy a certain social status. It's accepted, and often celebrated. More examples...phrases like "man up" or "stop acting like a pu$$y." How many times have any of us heard those? You're even doing it in this thread, insulting other guys by implying that if they post something that doesn't please you, they're behaving like "manginas." As a verb, "man" has much better implication than "woman," and it always has.

"...to remember when males were still respected in our society?" Oh please, grow up. This reeks of 20th century misogyny. Perhaps you're forgetting that for hundreds of years women weren't allowed to vote, own property or even voice their opinion in public. In some cultures, if they did they were tortured, stoned, or even burned at the stake. It was less than a century ago that women gained a political voice. Is that the "respect" you're referring to? And in case you hadn't noticed, men still dominate leadership positions especially in the business world (at least from a statistical standpoint). Less than 5% of Fortune 500 CEOs are female. White, heterosexual men still enjoy the greatest privilege and lowest level of scrutiny in American society. Most other demographics have numerous stereotypes associated with them, yet straight Caucasian males seem to escape this for the most part.

I don't know what feminist rhetoric you're specifically referring to, but the media isn't exactly spittin' it out like you claim they are. I agree that the mainstream media has serious issues and does tend to perpetuate information without any real investigative reporting, but a huge percentage of the media we're exposed to are owned by 7 major entities, most of which are run by men.

When you put a one day ladies only event in context, it's so trivial it's stupid.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

banned
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley
    You said the 'r' word, so prepare to engage. First off, the English language is predominantly patriarchal in nature. Example: make a list of qualities to describe the female gender, then make a corresponding list for the male gender. Which list has more attributes that would be considered positive? (positive regardless of gender) Similarly, examine the double standard for sexual promiscuity: men who sleep with a lot of women are labeled things like "player," "stud" and "ladies' man." Women who sleep with a lot of men are called "$luts," "whores," tramps," etc. For women, none of those are terms of admiration, while men enjoy a certain social status. It's accepted, and often celebrated. More examples...phrases like "man up" or "stop acting like a pu$$y." How many times have any of us heard those? You're even doing it in this thread, insulting other guys by implying that if they post something that doesn't please you, they're behaving like "manginas." As a verb, "man" has much better implication than "woman," and it always has.

"...to remember when males were still respected in our society?" Oh please, grow up. This reeks of 20th century misogyny. Perhaps you're forgetting that for hundreds of years women weren't allowed to vote, own property or even voice their opinion in public. In some cultures, if they did they were tortured, stoned, or even burned at the stake. It was less than a century ago that women gained a political voice. Is that the "respect" you're referring to? And in case you hadn't noticed, men still dominate leadership positions especially in the business world (at least from a statistical standpoint). Less than 5% of Fortune 500 CEOs are female. White, heterosexual men still enjoy the greatest privilege and lowest level of scrutiny in American society. Most other demographics have numerous stereotypes associated with them, yet straight Caucasian males seem to escape this for the most part.

I don't know what feminist rhetoric you're specifically referring to, but the media isn't exactly spittin' it out like you claim they are. I agree that the mainstream media has serious issues and does tend to perpetuate information without any real investigative reporting, but a huge percentage of the media we're exposed to are owned by 7 major entities, most of which are run by men.

When you put a one day ladies only event in context, it's so trivial it's stupid.
    You mention "misogyny" (the hatred of women), which is a word recognized by Spell Checker in Microsoft Word. But type in the word "Misandry" (the hatred of men) and a red line appears underneath it, indicated that the word isn't even recognized. Big surprise.

I haven't forgotten anything about the 20th century or prior. But let me ask you this- if you're driving your car down the road and you notice it's pulling way to the right, do you bring it in for servicing and have them adjust the wheel alignment so that it now pulls way to the left? Or do you do the sensible thing and have it adjusted so the wheel alignment is balanced? What you're saying is that today's males should pay for the inequities of past generations? By your logic, I should ask today's Egyptians to pay for what they did to some of my ancestors 4000 years ago!

Now, you mention vocabulary, so let's take the word "sexism." What I find interesting is how the term “sexism” is always associated with men, even when in many cases such allegations don’t legitimately apply. Yet I have rarely, if ever, known of this term being applied to women (or men who support feminism), regardless of the fact that our media, educational system, legislation and society have become gender-biased against men. Now, before you pull your hair out, allow me to illustrate some important examples of this discrimination.

There have been over 200 case studies conducted by universities, governmental institutions and the healthcare industry which unanimously conclude women perpetrate between 50- 70% of all DV (domestic violence). I didn’t establish this fact… They did. http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm And are any of their findings ever revealed in the media? Nooooooo. SEXISM.

In spite of these studies, Joe Biden, while still Senator of Delaware, introduced a bill called “V.A.W.A.” (Violence Against Women Act) in 1992, which passed in 1993. The title sounds good, but in practice virtually guarantees that only men are arrested in DV cases, regardless of who is at fault. Not only is this law a particularly insidious form of SEXISM, it is in direct violation of the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which clearly states that no group shall be afforded more protection than another. http://www.eagleforum.org/column/201.../10-06-25.html

So, if women are responsible for at least half of all domestic violence, why are there many federally-funded women’s shelters available but none for men? SEXISM. Why are the police trained to arrest only men in almost all DV cases, regardless of who the perpetrator is? SEXISM. http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj...

The definition of domestic violence is now defined how ever a woman wants it to be defined. All she has to do is dial 911 and say, “He’s making me afraid.” This will result in her male partner being arrested and booked on DV charges. In other words, the woman doesn’t need any legitimate justification at all for making that 911 call. Her claim is enough. The practice of VAWA is so heinous that even if the woman later retracts her accusation the District Attorney will usually proceed with prosecution, regardless. Were you aware of this? SEXISM.

I’ll conclude this subject of DV by saying that about 1 ½ years ago a good friend of mine cried herself to sleep for several days after she was informed that her 37-year-old son was sentenced to 2 months in jail for finally defending himself against his wife who had been beating on him for many years. His wife (now ex-wife) was never punished for the years of spousal abuse she inflicted on him. Of course not. SEXISM.

The rate of deaths among men for prostate cancer is almost identical to the rate of deaths among women for breast cancer. There is federal funding provided for breast cancer research but none for prostate cancer research. Why not? SEXISM.

Let’s suppose a company is looking to hire four engineers. And let’s say 100 people, 98 men and two women, apply for the job. Affirmative Action says the company must hire an equal number of each gender, in this case two men and two women, regardless of who is best qualified for the position. Not only is this law a blatant form of SEXISM, it ignores common sense, since economies are not built on diversity- they are build on the efforts of talented and skilled people, regardless of gender. This law is also unconstitutional.

According to the 1973 Supreme Court decision in Roe vs. Wade, it is HER body and HER choice. Uh, until the invoice shows up, that is. Only then does the man have a role.

According to U.S. policy, a woman cannot be forced into motherhood. She has many options… She can keep the baby. She can have the baby aborted. If she has the baby and then decides she doesn’t want it, no problem; all she has to do is take it to a fire station or other designated “safe-house” and drop it off with complete anonymity, no questions asked. AND THE MAN HAS NO SAY, WHATSOEVER, IN HER DECISION.

Why is this a problem? For one thing, again, according to U.S. policy, a man CAN be and often is forced into fatherhood. If the woman decides to keep the baby she can force the man to pay child support. If it is later discovered through DNA testing (which HE would have to pay for) that the baby is not his, he cannot recover the child support money he paid even if his payments have gone on for years. SEXISM. By the way, did you know that on the books of the family courts system a family is defined as “a woman and her children?” The father is not even in the picture! SEXISM.

The Rape Shield law insures that when a woman reports she has been raped, even in the all-too-common case of a false accusation, his name and face will be plastered all over the Internet, newspapers and TV news while she remains anonymous. SEXISM.

Many TV, movie and radio producers and advertisers engage in male-bashing; a practice which would never be tolerated in today’s society if instead females were the target. And the media continues to distort the truth about the so-called gender-based wage gap. Did you watch the Super bowl? Maybe you saw this Pepsi Max ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N1aOZTTA-c How about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGh-W1ge2Ok Not enough? Here’s another. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7307160n It will be worthy of your time to see why Pepsi is one of the leading male-bashers and how subliminal messages brainwash TV viewers into becoming anti-male. Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkc5430lGM
    These examples are only a scratch of what is being crammed down our throats every single day.

What is it that allows men to be portrayed in the media as clumsy, violent, lazy, sex-crazed, inconsiderate and stupid while, by comparison, women are portrayed as super-human who can do no wrong? SEXISM. What enables portrayals of male-on-female violence to be considered “violence against women” while female-on-male violence is considered “entertainment?” SEXISM.

Certainly, female candidates are at a disadvantage when running for President because many men are not likely to vote for them. The reluctance on the part of these men is often labeled as “sexism.” I submit the following as an alternative to the common assumption that male sexism is the culprit:

What female candidate has ever promised to fight the cruel injustices committed by women who alienate children from their fathers (Kim Basinger being a classic example)? None. Which female candidate promised to go after Katie Couric for slapping a male employee? Not one. Why is Crystal Gail Mangum a free woman? Under oath, she falsely accused three lacrosse athletes at Duke University of rape, which ruined their lives. Can anyone name even one female candidate who has promised to prosecute women who falsely accuse men of rape? Nope. Name one female elected official who has ever actually worked toward equal rights among genders? If such a female politician existed we’d see her working to get anti-male legislation such as VAWA, Affirmative Action and Rape Shield repealed. This is yet to happen.

There isn’t a single female candidate or elected official who has ever represented or even shown concern for men as a group. Hence, if female candidates want more male votes they’re going to have to abandon their practice of SEXISM.

Women certainly have some legitimate gripes. But we’ve heard about gender issues almost entirely from the female perspective, since the media has refused to give males a voice. America has become a gynocracy and this is SEXISM.

It sounds like you've been watching too much Oprah or Joyce Behar.
    Last edited by 872now; 02-24-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    I could do the same thing you did, and post an absurdly long post with dozens of links, many of which have questionable credibility. AND I could refute most of your arguments. But why? You've already permanently settled on some twisted worldview in which men are oppressed and criminalized. You're seriously outnumbered by dozens of other rational posters AND you apparently only joined this site so you could piss and moan about how nobody respects men anymore. 6 posts, and none of them bike related. Why are you here? How bout some bike related content?

This thread will inevitably end up in the ReCycle Bin anyway...where it belongs.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

banned
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley
    I could do the same thing you did, and post an absurdly long post with dozens of links, many of which have questionable credibility. AND I could refute most of your arguments. But why? You've already permanently settled on some twisted worldview in which men are oppressed and criminalized. You're seriously outnumbered by dozens of other rational posters AND you apparently only joined this site so you could piss and moan about how nobody respects men anymore. 6 posts, and none of them bike related. Why are you here? How bout some bike related content?

This thread will inevitably end up in the ReCycle Bin anyway...where it belongs.
    If you want to accuse hundreds of institutions of questionable credibility, regardless of the fact that they are largely unrelated, go right ahead. At least I supported my statements with facts, unlike you who simply rattles.

My so-called twisted views are shared by increasingly millions of other Americans including women who have actually researched the subject rather than blindly believe the rhetoric from the mainstream media. You say I'm outnumbered by dozens of rational posters. As of this moment there have been less than a dozen, one of which acknowledged anti-male legislation, and if you consider remarks like the ones about sausages to be rational, then you might want to consider associating with people a little higher on the food chain.

Your ignorance of anti-male legislation is no argument against the reality that it exists. Just ask anyone who's ever been victimized by it.

I did join this post to lend support to another poster but would love to talk about bikes.If men's rights means nothing to you personally, fine. But maybe you have a male loved-one; a brother, son, friend, etc. My female friend who could have cared less about the subject prior to her son's travesty, thinks very differently now. I hope it won't take a personal rude awakening before you start paying attention.

mtbr member
    ^ Excellent reply (in reply to Berkeley, not 872). Im out too.. its like trying to argue with westboro church people. Thread reeks of women-hating and serious personal issues.

+1 for the recycle bin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast