Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Seriously?

Seriously?-031.jpgIn October I would have been ecstatic for this, now not so much.
    Latitude 61

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sryanak View Post
    In October I would have been ecstatic for this, now not so much.
    It's that pesky Global Warming....

As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    May 2011

Re: Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    It's that pesky Global Warming....

Ugh...

Really?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Actually, counter to what one might think, it could be.

mtbr member
    Oh yeah when it's hot it's global warming. When it's cold it's climate change. Didn't you know?
    Still cleaning my Fatback.
    It's a life style.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfin View Post
    Oh yeah when it's hot it's global warming. When it's cold it's climate change. Didn't you know?
    Sometimes the probability of a cold spell is due to global warming. I could explain how that could be if you would like.

mtbr member
    Oops! I didn't mean to start a debate on climate change.

Unfortunately there's no smiley for tongue in cheek....

mtbr member

Wink, wink?

Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    Oops! I didn't mean to start a debate on climate change.

Unfortunately there's no smiley for tongue in cheek....

Good save or attempted save, Velo. At least I hope so.
    The older I get the better I was...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    One of the benefits of global warming is tremendous fluctuations in world-wide weather. This will help increase fat bike sales.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    syranak.....Alaska?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yup, that is here in the Anchorage area.

My wife is breaking down and booking tickets to Maui right now.

Temperature is supposed to be as low as 20 degrees Fahrenheit overnight. Maybe some good crust riding in the early morn?

mtbr member
    The past few winters I've had a blast, but for some reason towards the end I couldn't wait for spring. By march (I live in New York state) I was done with the snowboarding and fatbiking thing and dusting off the skinny bikes. I feel your pain.

turtles make me hot
    Nooo!! Global warming is awesome!! When the next ice age hits, all of us fatbikers will be the only ones ready!
    I like turtles

Laramie, Wyoming
    I like how in one breath, the earth is billions of years old and in the next breath, the climate is drastically changing in the last fifty years.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    I like how in one breath, the earth is billions of years old and in the next breath, the climate is drastically changing in the last fifty years.

It's to be expected when the CO2 levels are pumped up by 42% in two hundred years like we have done. CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

But it doesn't look like it's going to help sryanak soon enough

Fat biking in Maui sounds pretty good though. I have now stopped feeling sorry for him.

mtbr member
    Sure!!!!!!!! ice on the lakes longer than ever! not a question about it here!!! Global warming??

Sea Level's rising 20 feet in the next 100 years???? Not possible, yet the anthropomorphic-apologist, global weirding crowd continue to state this.

I live in an area (SouthCenctral Alaska) that is glaciated more than most of the earth. I fly airplanes and am unable to believe that all of this ice I see added to the earths waters, along with Greenland's ice, Iceland's ice, and Antarctica's ice, Russia and Canada's ice........ could raise waters even inches, yet the global warming advocates state we should fear 20 feet of rise worldwide. Look at a Globe, look at the ice, THINK! Their postulations DO NOT Make SENSE.

Speaking of Iceland and Greenland......in the 1300's, when all those beautiful castles and cathedrals were constructed in Europe......the climate was considerably warmer than today.....and there were foodstuff-producing colonies on some of the North Sea islands, including Iceland. The prosperity of Eurpoean individuals as a result of this warmer climate allowed the construction and development of the region.

Again, it was WARMER then than now.

Also, remember those e-mails from "climate change" scientists that were leaked a few years back???? The ones where they were discussing how far to go when embellishing the data????? They are willing to lie to make you believe their "science". I hate a LIAR!

Yikes....this is a rant from me.

I could say aLOT more!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by E6roller View Post
    Their postulations DO NOT Make SENSE.
    To someone without a PHD in a related field? - I'm not shocked. I also wouldn't let a climate scientist fly a plane I was a passenger in.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Seriously? This was supposed to be a funny thread. Some of you guys need to go ride your bikes!
    Latitude 61

Human Test Subject
    Quiet Sryanak! I value the opinions of bicycle message board users more than the 97% of scientists who acknowledge that man made climate change is real and want to hear more opinions on this matter!

ouch....
    There is no room for funny business in the fatty forum come on.....
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    I reckon all this disputation is caused by Global Warming overheating our brains...

(Someone invent the tongue in cheek smiley please )

NMBP

Seriously?

Also, remember those e-mails from "climate change" scientists that were leaked a few years back???? The ones where they were discussing how far to go when embellishing the data????? They are willing to lie to make you believe their "science". I hate a LIAR!

I could say aLOT more!
    And almost as bad as a liar, is someone that believes the lies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clim...&client=safari

Anecdotal evidence of what is happening in your corner of the world is irrelevant in the overall scheme of global science. If we come to a consensus and decide to do something about human caused CO2 output, what will be the worst thing that happens?

I for one, enjoy and kinda crave clean air to breathe, but I'm selfish like that.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Sometime back in the 30's, it snowed on the 4th of July in the state of Wash., the report came from the towns of Randle and Eatonville.

Some 50 years ago, didn't Johnny Horton sing a song that went...When it's springtime in Alaska it's 40 below.

Seriously, there is nothing new under the sun, it has all came and gone before.

Just think, someday there will again be palm trees in Alaska, no more trips to Hawaii to escape the cold.

Bring it on...just don't try to tell me its my fault, tax me because of it, or say that there are no upsides to it.

Elitest thrill junkie

I could say aLOT more!
    Well, we got NO precipitation during November and December in Southcentral AK, it was very cold, and no snow to insulate the ground was causing some serious problems. It's sad when the ski resorts in alaska have to resort to snowmaking...as they did. Then we got plenty of rain and snow in the next few months, but November and December were very odd.

I think the overall temp issue is the time span, not that it's just higher than some other point or that the earth has never been this hot.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

will rant for food
    Jan 2010
    I remember one of my better science teachers in grade school... "Remember, weather doesn't suck. It blows."

Much like this thread.
    Latitude: 44.93 N

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast