Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by E6roller View Post
    Sure!!!!!!!! ice on the lakes longer than ever! not a question about it here!!! Global warming??

Sea Level's rising 20 feet in the next 100 years???? Not possible, yet the anthropomorphic-apologist, global weirding crowd continue to state this.

I live in an area (SouthCenctral Alaska) that is glaciated more than most of the earth. I fly airplanes and am unable to believe that all of this ice I see added to the earths waters, along with Greenland's ice, Iceland's ice, and Antarctica's ice, Russia and Canada's ice........ could raise waters even inches, yet the global warming advocates state we should fear 20 feet of rise worldwide. Look at a Globe, look at the ice, THINK! Their postulations DO NOT Make SENSE.

Speaking of Iceland and Greenland......in the 1300's, when all those beautiful castles and cathedrals were constructed in Europe......the climate was considerably warmer than today.....and there were foodstuff-producing colonies on some of the North Sea islands, including Iceland. The prosperity of Eurpoean individuals as a result of this warmer climate allowed the construction and development of the region.

Again, it was WARMER then than now.

Also, remember those e-mails from "climate change" scientists that were leaked a few years back???? The ones where they were discussing how far to go when embellishing the data????? They are willing to lie to make you believe their "science". I hate a LIAR!

Yikes....this is a rant from me.

I could say aLOT more!
    Three to six feet is the prediction, and it's not just from ice melting, it's also from the ocean waters expanding as they get warmer.

There are many temperature proxies like tree rings and ice cores and thousands of thermometers that show the same thing. We are now at thousand year highs and the recent temp rise is unprecedented. Looking at one's local weather is no way to gauge small, long-term changes in global average temps.

Fact is the CO2 levels in the atmosphere have gone up 40% in the last 200 years due to man. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. How could that NOT cause warming? It's a very simple concept ........that the fossil fuel industry wants to keep us confused about. Virtually all the world's climate scientists, and all it's science organizations are in agreement. The basics of the science is settled. The politics? Not so much.

squish, squish in da fish
    stop factory farming and it will end many worldly problems.

mtbr member
    I guess I could never understand how this all works.

Thank you to those who have reminded me that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Re: Seriously?

Nice job Velobike.

Shut up, everyone. There is plenty of information out there should you be interested. You're not going to convince angry, science denying codgers of anything over an internet forum. If thousands of scientists, studies, and papers aren't going to convince them, you're not going to either.

Just take it to the off topic section, will ya.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand Rat View Post
    Sometime back in the 30's, it snowed on the 4th of July in the state of Wash., the report came from the towns of Randle and Eatonville.

Some 50 years ago, didn't Johnny Horton sing a song that went...When it's springtime in Alaska it's 40 below.

Seriously, there is nothing new under the sun, it has all came and gone before.

Just think, someday there will again be palm trees in Alaska, no more trips to Hawaii to escape the cold.

Bring it on...just don't try to tell me its my fault, tax me because of it, or say that there are no upsides to it.
    Johnny Horton weighs in on global warming. Can we all agree to make this the final word on this subject? I mean, who can argue with that?
    The older I get the better I was...

mtbr member
    Give the first 5 minutes of this documentary your open mind please. Think, please.

The great global warming swindle - Full version - YouTube

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Give the first 5 minutes of this documentary your open mind please. Think, please.

The great global warming swindle - Full version - YouTube

Thank you for bringing to light a great example of the kind of fraudulent misrepresentation of the science by the fossil fuel funded denier apparatus that has made serious discussion of the issue difficult.

Anyone who has any interest in this issue at all, and that should be everyone, owes it to themselves to watch this video.

The Great Global Warming Swindle Documentary Debunked | Watch Now

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by beachride View Post
    Thank you for bringing to light a great example of the kind of fraudulent misrepresentation of the science by the fossil fuel funded denier apparatus that has made serious discussion of the issue difficult.

Anyone who has any interest in this issue at all, and that should be everyone, owes it to themselves to watch this video.

The Great Global Warming Swindle Documentary Debunked | Watch Now
    Thanks for posting that.

More bad news for the deniers.

Survey finds 97% climate science papers agree warming is man-made | Dana Nuccitelli | Environment | guardian.co.uk

mighty sailin' man
    Both sides have had their say so you can bin this now mods

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    so you can bin this now mods

Pretty please.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraspontane View Post
    Nice job Velobike.....
    Yup, sorry, unintended consequences of a bit of irony.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post
    Both sides have had their say so you can bin this now mods
    Why don't you go back to your much more important issue like Nascar '13, instead of wasting time on a trivial issue like the Earth's atmosphere.

mighty sailin' man
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    Why don't you go back to your much more important issue like Nascar '13, instead of wasting time on a trivial issue like the Earth's atmosphere.
    Is this where you want the fat bike forum to go?

gawddamn ppl need to just live how they think they should and not give a flying fuk what others are doing. live to the best you can and they will follow. now on with the bike talk. bunch of beeotches on here playing "he said, she said." beeotchride wears too tight of a panty

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ^^^ I think you should switch to decaf.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yup...nothing to see here folks...just people trying to stay sane in an upside down world...

it's not the coffee i only drink that in the morning. its the cocaine at night buddy

AZ
    banned
    Fatbikes becoming more mainstream is lending to the dilution/pollution of the best forum on MTBR. Just a thought.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    lol the title has become the discussion. climate "seriously"

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I could say aLOT more!
    What you really need to do is not say a lot more. You need to learn a lot more. Start here: theoildrum.com You have a long, long way to go before you reach the gates of Clueland.

mtbr member
    My apologies for writing what sounded like a rave as a reaction to "Beachride"'s inclusion of global warming into this thread about a late winter storm in Alaska.

I had hoped to present a countering view. Please do not think that I am so egocentric or uninformed to think that cooling in my locale is the only event in sight.

I had hoped that some persons might take the first 5 minutes of that documentary and consider the possibility of conspiracy.

It seems a discussion devoid of name calling is unlikely. It seems that others' minds are set already. It seems that others' are unwilling to allow the holder of a countering view some modicum of intelligence or common sense.

I will bow out of this dialogue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Is anyone here old enough to remember in school when they told us that pollution in the atmosphere was causing it to cool and we were going to have another ice age. How about the hole in the ozone. Then global warming, now its climate change. All from the same people that live by the publish or perish standard. Man has known that the world is a changing place from the dawn of time. Yes the human race has had an effect on the earth and we should do as much as we can to protect it. But we still need to live here and boy do I like to burn that fossil fuel to heat my house, to go places in a very short time and to make all though thing that make my life easier. I am a consumer of goods as we all are.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by exp18 View Post
    Is anyone here old enough to remember in school when they told us that pollution in the atmosphere was causing it to cool and we were going to have another ice age....
    Me. We were also told it would get warmer if we got rid of the pall of smog that hung over most British cities in those days. Now it's gone.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 5736' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If we're going to pervert this thread into a global warming debate...

Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

Lol. Only one who would try to sell a car in their sig. Lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast