Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... On a Scale of 1 to America...

...how free are you today?

Tell us about all of the fun, positive-rep worthy things you've done today with your freedom!

I spent the day doing homework and splitting/stacking about 2 cords of firewood. Tomorrow I will begin my research paper and afterwards will be going to cut and haul home another 3-4 cords of wood. Any free time I have in the next few days will be devoted to teaching my girlfriend the basics of mountain biking (she's really excited to start riding).

So let's hear it!

clown question, bro
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    ...how free are you today?

Tell us about all of the fun, positive-rep worthy things you've done today with your freedom!

I spent the day doing homework and splitting/stacking about 2 cords of firewood. Tomorrow I will begin my research paper and afterwards will be going to cut and haul home another 3-4 cords of wood. Any free time I have in the next few days will be devoted to teaching my girlfriend the basics of mountain biking (she's really excited to start riding).

So let's hear it!

I spent the morning hearing about the multiple ways my masters research project's methodology is garbage. Then I went to switch over some wheels on my SS'es and realized I didn't have the right sized tools. Then I started drinking. 5 hours ago. Yay freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Are we just ignoring balls? Lol

mtbr member
    I bought my 12 year old daughter her first mountain bike!!! And then took her and her sister to Barnes & Noble and we loaded up on good books. Life is good.

mtbr member
    Just been browsing MTBR while getting paid at the fire station!! Oh and we've ran 5 or 6 calls thus far.. Hoping for a quiet night

Tripp.
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

Sweep the leg!
    I looked through the pictures of my friends who were at the Capitol protesting and wishing I was there with them.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Huckin' trails
    I continued working in my basement building up a dream shop

We are making a new floor, taking out all the old trash and moving all the tools and machines down there. Plus we'll make a paint room and a welding area. We already have a press drill, sand blast machine, saws, vices, compressors, etc. Now we'll have a place to enjoy them

Still have a lot of work to do, mostly into cleaning up all the trash that's been pilling up the last 30 years and then making a whole new floor, but it's going well. Oh, and we'll have a nice speakers system and a mini-bar too for escaping from the wife

Next is gonna be another room where I currently store and wrench on my bikes, this one with concrete floor, bike stands, tool cabinets, speakers and a sink to clean out parts. Hot water too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On a Scale of 1 to America...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1331444690.882981.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

local trails rider
    I went on trails and didn't worry about who owns the land. Any trail is legal here, as long as I stay away from other people's gardens.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Woke up around noon.... Got out of bed around noon-thirty.

Sat around 'til three or so. Patched a punctured toob and tweaked the fit on my road bike. Sat around some more. Saw a movie and got some food with friends -- this is my second weekend staying in the dorms in the last month, figured I would do well to be with them. Hopefully, every weekend from now until mid-April will be spent away, at races

Now I'm doing homework. I'll go to bed in a bit. Make some oatmeal for breakfast in the morning. Spend a few asthma-free hours on the bike, despite the bad weather that's forecast. Do more homework. Possibly study for midterms. Ride my bike some more during the week. Start tapering around the middle of the week. Spend the weekend at a race with my team. Go home for spring break. Ride my bike a lot more during that week.

Rinse. Repeat.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Ride More, Whine Less
    Participated in Scouting for Food and collected a truckload of food for the local food bank. Biked ~8mi. Spent the night with the boy scout troop in a lockin. A reasonable day.

High Desert MTBer
    I threw up a little bit in my mouth...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp. View Post
    Just been browsing MTBR while getting paid at the fire station!! Oh and we've ran 5 or 6 calls thus far.. Hoping for a quiet night

Tripp.
    Doing the same thing at my part-time EMS job! Sitting in a first aide room, reading about mountain bikin' and hoping no one sprains their ankle!!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member
    The freedom to be on my own doing my own thing-lead to getting a job and working this weekend Sat 7am to 10pm- Sun 9am-8pm.......

That's ok because it's money and the weather is terrible!
    Technically I don't what kind-of riding I do- I just know I ride hard!

Titanium junkie
    We live in a country where our freedoms were paid for through sweat and blood.
    A place were the American dream is still attainable with the right attitude and
    perseverance. The World looks to us in times of need, knowing the people
    of America will step up to help, no matter what the crisis.
    What else is there to say about the Land of the free, home of the brave.
    Love being an AMERICAN.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Woke up early to get a 20 mile ride in. Will spend the rest of the day with my wife and kids around the house. Maybe get outside and go for a walk with my wife.

Tonight I have to stop in to work for a few hours to get people started on a product testing we will be doing this week. There will be quite a few hours to work this week, but I get paid to do it so no complaints here.

Work hard and play hard!!!

usually cranky
    wearing purple pants.

they took the bar
    Riding my bike over to the local airport today. There's an airshow this weekend. Today, there's supposed to be a B-2 flyover. Plenty of warbirds will be there, that did their part to give us our freedom.

B-17, B-25, B-29 (fifi), Mustangs, Corsairs, TBF's, F-16's, Harrier's...

I rode through early yesterday, but am going back today to watch them fly around this afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On a Scale of 1 to America...-1.jpg  

On a Scale of 1 to America...-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    On the scale of 1 to America I am approximately in North Korea in terms of freedom. Sunday is a regular work day over here. As usual in this time of the year, I work 12 hrs + ~ 1 hr of bike commuting to work and back home.
    Well, like Karl Marks (or was it Lenin?) once said, freedom is а duty you are aware of.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ironically, I watched another disc in the "Roots" series a friend loaned to me- I have not seen it since it first aired in the 70's. We need to remind ourselves frequently that much of this great land of freedoms was built on the backs of those who had none at all.

workin' it Administrator
    I have spent the last too many weekends not exercising my body or my freedom to ride my bike in perfect weather in lieu of the freedom to do a poor tiling job in the final room to be renovated in our house. Down to grout and the floor tile install then hopefully i can ride my bike again.
    Try this: HTFU

AZ
    banned
    Spring planting, hundreds of tiny little seeds.

Huckin' trails
    I rode.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    I slept in today!!
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

Huckin' trails
    Forgot to add the picture of America
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On a Scale of 1 to America...-_dsc6080_web.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Freedom is my new religion. I quit my day job to pursue some entrepreneurial endeavors and the American dream. I still work my tail off but do it how I want, when I want...and everyday is glorious. So I woke early and took a 15 mile ride through the everglades, then a nap, then went to work Cheers!

Is not amused
    AMERICEE allowed me to eat a chalupa from Taco bell. Oh and here's a song for this thread. Yut-Yut.

Yip yip yip nope nope nope

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast