Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oh I'm sorry, you were being serious.

In which case I'm simply going to have to state that I've had more curries in the last year than you've had beers so I absolutely know Blighty rules in the fine dining stakes.

mtbr member
    It's more than soggy fish n chips you know.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, you were being serious.

In which case I'm simply going to have to state that I've had more curries in the last year than you've had beers so I absolutely know Blighty rules in the fine dining stakes.
    You obviously know very little about beer. That's cool. But you may want to see who wins international beer competitions:

Winners

This one's an Australian competition:

http://www.beerawards.com/pdfs/AIBA%...inal%20V.3.pdf

Good talk.

Life Is Short
    I'm glad to live here & hope freedom of speech doesn't go away because I work for a news network.
    Funny how this thread popped up because I'm working on a couple series, In America & Profiling Vets coming home from Afghanistan.

Home and Away: Iraq and Afghanistan War Casualties - CNN.com

The comment about the military not defending freedom since WWII is so wrong in many ways I can't comment.

mtbr member
    Those international beer competitions, are they like the Baseball World Series? I hear your teams also do rather well in that.

Hi.
    Those international beer competitions, are they like the Baseball World Series. I hear your teams also do rather well in that.
    Oh, to be an ignorant troll...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Oh, to be an ignorant troll...
    Oh get a sense of humour or a thicker skin. Just as I thought I'd found somebody in this place who liked a bit of banter you turn into an offended little skirt.

Hi.
    Oh get a sense of humour or a thicker skin. Just as I thought I'd found somebody in this place who liked a bit of banter you turn into an offended little skirt.
    It'd be a better banter if you had more material. Who do you think makes the best beer? Name some breweries and beers. Then at least I have something to work with.

mtbr member
    I don't think so. It wasn't really about beer. Toodles...

mtbr member
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

Titanium junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor29 View Post
    Man, I just knew those Viet Cong were trying to keep my parents from sleeping in or riding bikes back in the 60s and 70s. I bet if I went to Iraq or Afghanistan now, they'd tell me how they were planning on taking away all my freedom until they were occupied by the US military.

I also thought the food I eat came from farmers and not soldiers and Ipods come from poor factory serfs in China (Mr. Daisey and the Apple Factory | This American Life).

Sorry, but I don't think the US military has protected our freedom since WWII. Now they just protect the interests of our corporate masters.

Wow, don't know where to start with your statement, other than to say you are
    still able to use your First Amendment Right, although I wish you would put more
    thought into it before posting.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    God Bless Amurica!!
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

mtbr member
    If you guys wanna get political, please write all of your thoughts down on a piece of paper, fold it neatly, put into an envelope and seal it...and shove it up your a**

Titanium junkie
    Your right fuzzy, my apologizes.
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member

Only in America can you find such an oversized useless vehicle

Is not amused

and

On a side note for the Limp dick's up in here hating on the armed services, well, I and others shake our heads at your stupidity. I enjoyed my time serving. I enjoyed riding my bike today in a country that's peaceful. Guess what today is. Monday thank a Vet.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Iron Horse were never American made - with the exception of Toby's custom race bike, made by Foes.
    For the price I paid, that frame was not made in America for sure

But doesn't matter since it has USA written on
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    I'm glad to live here & hope freedom of speech doesn't go away because I work for a news network.
    Funny how this thread popped up because I'm working on a couple series, In America & Profiling Vets coming home from Afghanistan.
    The comment about the military not defending freedom since WWII is so wrong in many ways I can't comment.

I think this covers it just fine
    9/11: A Conspiracy Theory - YouTube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    <

On a side note for the Limp dick's up in here hating on the armed services, well, I and others shake our heads at your stupidity. I enjoyed my time serving. I enjoyed riding my bike today in a country that's peaceful. Guess what today is. Monday thank a Vet.
    Yea I heard all those nasty Afganistan goat herders were gonna wrangle up some magic carpets

Is not amused
    Blurr, that was lame. If you are going to post combacks towards military people at least be funny.

Here I will help you out.
    On a Scale of 1 to America...-assway3.jpg

Now go forth young grasshopper and may the force be with you.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you enjoy your freedoms thank a VET. I too am a VET, and former Marine. If you do not think serving to protect the freedoms and rights of every American is not important too VETS; ask yourself where you would be without those that have bled, died, lost body parts etc. We willingly go in harms way for those who cannot or will not. WE protect a way of life and many men and women have paid the price for your liberal BS. So yes you have the right to FREEDOM of SPEECH. Use that speech wisely, to help your fellow American. Do not belittle our military men and women.

Too many people have already forgotten the horror of 9-11, Pearl Harbor etc. It is better to be fighting the war abroad than here on American Soil. If it was fought here, and our children were killed, women raped, I think you would be singing a different tune. What a young man has to do to protect our/your freedoms is unthinkable, we have to live with it the rest of our lives. So LD, think about supporting American Servicemen.
    There is always a bully on the block; one tough kid that has to prove himself, or try to take what is not his. America's Military is that "Sleeping Giant" that through generations has squashed that bully time and time again. Thus allowing you and guaranteeing your Freedom of Speech.

So Thank a VET.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am learning about biking after almost a quarter-century. Found out these forums had a ton of good information, and good discussions.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by j.rioux View Post
    If you enjoy your freedoms thank a VET. I too am a VET, and former Marine. If you do not think serving to protect the freedoms and rights of every American is not important too VETS; ask yourself where you would be without those that have bled, died, lost body parts etc. We willingly go in harms way for those who cannot or will not. WE protect a way of life and many men and women have paid the price for your liberal BS. So yes you have the right to FREEDOM of SPEECH. Use that speech wisely, to help your fellow American. Do not belittle our military men and women.

Too many people have already forgotten the horror of 9-11, Pearl Harbor etc. It is better to be fighting the war abroad than here on American Soil. If it was fought here, and our children were killed, women raped, I think you would be singing a different tune. What a young man has to do to protect our/your freedoms is unthinkable, we have to live with it the rest of our lives. So LD, think about supporting American Servicemen.
    There is always a bully on the block; one tough kid that has to prove himself, or try to take what is not his. America's Military is that "Sleeping Giant" that through generations has squashed that bully time and time again. Thus allowing you and guaranteeing your Freedom of Speech.

So Thank a VET.
    I don't think anyone is trying to belittle a vet j.r, rather that the worst parts of corporate America have done that first. They have perfected the ability to misguide people into thinking that what they are fighting for is right and just. This has been going on for centuries and will probably not change any time soon as long as there are gullible people who fall for this very well-dressed guff. Funny how you mention the 2 times that the sleeping giant has been roused were when blood was spilled on American soil. The other forays into the outside world with violence in mind have been mostly generated by business interests, or a misguided paranoia about 'reds under the bed'. You say it is better to fight a war somewhere else. Huh? How is that? It is not good to be fighting a war anywhere I believe. This phenomenon is not limited to this country. Most countries with any history have been using their population to line the pockets and protect the interests of a few for many generations. It is only when righteous indignation is roused by a direct threat to home soil that the population tends to rouse itself. America learned all this from the masters of it in Europe. There are many brave and well-intentioned vets, that is not at issue. I would ask that people look very closely at their reasons for the motivation to go and fight somewhere however, it may just be a bunch of corporate/political Kool-Aid draped in a cloak of pseudo-self-righteous BS to dupe the unwary.

As for the beer thing, people make beer, not countries...
    It's all Here. Now.

Titanium junkie
    I will continue to THANK our military, for those who continue to
    throw the "conspiracy theories" around, maybe think of why we haven't
    had any full blown military skirmishes in our country, might be the U.S. Military
    keeping that in check. And if the World continues to implode like it has, there
    may come a point where we all have to ante up .
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Glad for the freedom to be an American, working with Indians and Russians, for an Israeli company at a German vendor....the IT biz at its finest....USA, USA!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast