Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Never Forget 9-11
    Took a noob out with me today riding today. I got in some miles and he didn't crash this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp. View Post
    Just been browsing MTBR while getting paid at the fire station!! Oh and we've ran 5 or 6 calls thus far.. Hoping for a quiet night

Tripp.
    Will do that tomorrow. Stay safe brother.
    It's such a fine line between idiocy and genius.

mtbr member
    Thanks I made it home safe this am!!
    Tripp.
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you like to sleep in thank a vet, if you like the food you eat thank a vet, if you like being able to ride your bike while listening to your ipod thank a vet.

Yeah I am a vet.

bust a move
    Today I had the freedom to ride 25mi in 35mph winds during intermittent rain and I got to see a stealth bomber fly by. Stopped to take a picture, smelled orange blossoms, went home and had fat tire ale and a delicious meal with my wife and daughter. I am thankful for and appreciate my freedoms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On a Scale of 1 to America...-img_20120311_105939.jpg  

Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j.rioux View Post
    If you like to sleep in thank a vet, if you like the food you eat thank a vet, if you like being able to ride your bike while listening to your ipod thank a vet.

Yeah I am a vet.
    Man, I just knew those Viet Cong were trying to keep my parents from sleeping in or riding bikes back in the 60s and 70s. I bet if I went to Iraq or Afghanistan now, they'd tell me how they were planning on taking away all my freedom until they were occupied by the US military.

I also thought the food I eat came from farmers and not soldiers and Ipods come from poor factory serfs in China (Mr. Daisey and the Apple Factory | This American Life).

Sorry, but I don't think the US military has protected our freedom since WWII. Now they just protect the interests of our corporate masters.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Forgot to add the picture of America
    Ironic that Iron Horse bikes aren't American anymore.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor29 View Post
    Man, I just knew those Viet Cong were trying to keep my parents from sleeping in or riding bikes back in the 60s and 70s. I bet if I went to Iraq or Afghanistan now, they'd tell me how they were planning on taking away all my freedom until they were occupied by the US military.

I also thought the food I eat came from farmers and not soldiers and Ipods come from poor factory serfs in China (Mr. Daisey and the Apple Factory | This American Life).

Sorry, but I don't think the US military has protected our freedom since WWII. Now they just protect the interests of our corporate masters.
    That about tells it like it is. Freedom is a state of mind.
    It's all Here. Now.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Unfortunately. But this one still does at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    I used my Freedom to Read about Obama Signing Legislation taking away our ability to protest.
    I then came online to surf the Web on our State Monitored Internet while eating government approved food.
    Later I plan on driving my Car which Meets Government Regulations and hopefully driving below the artificially low Local Government Speed Limit hopefully to the Federally mandated Speed limit on the Interstate while I look for more Products which meet the Government Standards in a neighboring town sold by Government Okd Business.
    I probably then will file my business licenses with the various government agencies to proceed on with the year. Later I plan on Watching some Closely Monitored TV and just relaxing, knowing that I am safe from Evil as the FCC has taken our viewing pleasure and giving me the light cushy feeling of knowing I do not have to listen to words which are not state approved.
    I will then lay down dream of riding my bicycle on currently government restricted land, sigh.
    Let freedom Ring Brothers!!!

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Let freedom Ring Brothers!!!
    Funny post. Nobody's stopping you from moving to another country, but you probably won't do it.

Because even with all its BS, America is still a great place to live.

Beer Me!
    Saturday I did this:
    Boulder Strong Ale Festival = Kid in Candy Store (warning PTY content)
    Sunday I rode my mountain bike and didn't suck eggs as bad as i thought, daylight savings should be a national holiday, and 70deg temps was the icing on the cake!
    Today, I work, then I jog, then I drink, then I sleep, in that order.

Amerrrrca F-yea

mtbr member
    Funny post. Nobody's stopping you from moving to another country, but you probably won't do it.

Because even with all its BS, America is still a great place to live.
    Actually I have already lived overseas and I like to call Many other countries Big Boy Land.
    Ya know, where you can read a magazine and someone swore in it, have a beer on your lunchbreak at work, speed n nobody will give you a ticket, actually you probably do not know that.
    Putting your head in the sand and pretending everything is "great" only perpetuates the myth and the breakneck speed at which we are losing our freedoms.
    America became Great because it was the land of opportunity, where the common man had a chance to fight his way to the top, where people could worship as they so chose, without a religious government breathing down their necks.
    It was a land where everything was big, where the word freedom actually had purpose rather than a word people casually throw about, and slam those who dare question them.
    If you truly think America is great then you will join one of the many movements which have been started to make us what we once were again, but you wont. Instead you will listen to your Ditto head leader and wait another four years for another election that really doesnt mean anything.
    As for me, yea, I would have been gone long ago had it not been for uncontrollable circumstances which kept me here.
    But whatever, you may enjoy the one last freedom that at this time cannot be taken away, your vision of Euphoria.
    But that may be ending soon........

Hi.
    As for me, yea, I would have been gone long ago had it not been for uncontrollable circumstances which kept me here.
    Like what?

mtbr member
    Like what?
    Uhmm there is a reason I stated personal reasons and did not list them, so in short it would be a None of your ****ing business, comrad

workin' it Administrator
    Please see this:

1. Threads that are (or get) overtly political may be swiftly moderated and moved or removed if they spiral out of control into flaming, flame-bait or name calling
    2. see #1

from here: Mtbr Posting Guidelines

So far this thread has been a nice exception to the rule that all threads that are the least bit politically aligned degrade faster than Pu-233 on a warm sunny day. Let's keep the vitriol to a minimum 'mkay and continue to just be thankful that we can play on the internet and only have big bad moderators get angry. So stop or I'll say stop again.
    Try this: HTFU

Hi.
    Uhmm there is a reason I stated personal reasons and did not list them, so in short it would be a None of your ****ing business, comrad
    You didn't say they were personal. Just trying to further the discussion and help you out a bit, but you have this strange talent to dig yourself into holes into these threads. No need to be a complete a$$hole about it.

Back to the OP, I love this country because we have cutting edge technology, dynamic culture, a high quality of life, great mountain biking, the best beer in the world, and we are constantly changing and trying to better ourselves. We are a country of both mindless drones and free-thinkers, of morbidly obese couch potatoes and the greatest athletes in the world. We come up with some of the greatest inventions ever to impact humanity, and we spend more time and resources helping other nations than any other country in the world.

It doesn't matter too much what I did today, as long as I enjoyed the day.

AZ
    banned
    So, when ya leavin Blurr? Maybe things will improve for ya with a change of venue.

mtbr member
    ...the best beer in the world...
    Travelled much?

Crazed Country Rebel
    Iron Horse were never American made - with the exception of Toby's custom race bike, made by Foes.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink View Post
    Travelled much?
    I've traveled, but what does that have to do with good beer? While I appreciate Europe's dedication to their limited spectrum of beers, and I can acknowledge that they do their beers very well, their industry is stifled compared to that in the US.

Does your beer fridge look like mine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On a Scale of 1 to America...-photo-1-.jpg  

AZ
    banned
    I don't see any Bud Light.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Iron Horse were never American made - with the exception of Toby's custom race bike, made by Foes.
    Right. It's more accurate to say "it's ironic they're no longer an American company."

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I don't see any Bud Light.
    It's all pre-loaded in my beer bong, bro.

mtbr member
    jt, you come from the only country in the world which had to change its constitution to protect its citizens from the piss you call beer. Admittedly you changed it back but by that time you lot were so thirsty you'd even drink the vile stuff.
    And no, my fridge doesn't look like that, it's full of food and wine. That no more makes England's the worlds finest cuisine than your display of grog makes America the heart of great brewing.

Hi.
    from the piss you call beer. Admittedly you changed it back but by that time you lot were so thirsty you'd even drink the vile stuff.
    You realize America makes more than Bud, Miller and Coors, right? America currently has more brewing operations than every other country combined. America produces more different styles of beer than any other country, and wins more awards at international competitions than any other country.

You seem to be spewing some garbage that you can't support with experience nor knowledge. I've had more different beers in the past year than you've probably had in the past 10, unless you somehow are a bigger beer geek than I am, which is unlikely given your completely ignorant and biased view of American beer.

I am in no way bashing on other countries. Germany makes excellent beer, although they are limited in their styles. Belgium makes amazing beer as well, but it just can't compare with America.

And no, my fridge doesn't look like that, it's full of food and wine. That no more makes England's the worlds finest cuisine than your display of grog makes America the heart of great brewing.
    It's my second fridge, and it was just an example to show that I take my beer very seriously. I think you made the mistake of assuming I enjoy drinking AbInbev/BMC beers like most other Americans.

Now that the pissing contest has been flushed out (zing!), if you ever find yourself in the Bay Area of California, I'd be more than happy to take you to a few breweries that will knock your socks off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast