Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

say what you will about George W Bush...

but this is pretty awesome:

and this...well this, kids, is just pretty ***** looking:

Stiff yet compliant
    I think going for a ride with your kid on a trail-a-bike is also pretty awesome.
    But hey, I guess it's all about appearances.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    it is pretty awesome...

but if toy can't see the disparity in the two above photos...and the subsequent analogy regarding the two leaders of the free world...I can't help you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    yeah Apollos...
    & ol' bushy boy looked purty awsum when he landed on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit & proclaimed mission over...
    didn't he?
    you couldn't just post a very nice shot of bush with a hero without throwing in a dig against obama could you?

banned
    Jun 2007
    Non-political post: Not a poser..
    Word from the guys @ Cape Able (LBS) in K-port, is that "W" is in shape, and fast on the single-track, and his S/S team kept getting dropped.

High Desert MTBer
    Urrgghhh! Any excuse for a photo op, and any excuse for a dig... all animals are equal, but some are less equal than others...

mtbr member
    The only bad thing about Bin Laden gettting his head blown off it that we'll never get to see if Bush would beat him in a camel vs mtn bike race.

banned
    Name:  tire.JPG
Views: 1193
Size:  13.1 KB
    Needs air... And, it looks like he's on the granny ring.
    Last edited by marpilli; 05-06-2011 at 11:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin'W
    Word from the guys @ Cape Able (LBS) in K-port, is that "W" is in shape, and fast on the single-track, and his S/S team kept getting dropped.
    That would be an awesome job!

I wanna be the guy that goes mountain biking with an ex president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    Cableb!tch: living, breathing proof you can be right and.still be a dick.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    are you telling us that GW ain't in texas? that he's really hangin out in merlot sipping, yacht sailing...kennebunkport?

shoot, i thought he was one o' them good ol' texas boys, hmmmm?

looks kinda elitist, don't it?

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Thee Obama pic is a perfect metaphor if you visualize us as the vulnerable child riding the trail-a-bike while he spins in the granny with a flat tire on smoker's lungs .. At least bush had the humility to exploit the knowledge of the LBS ( both literally and metaphorically )

mtbr member
    We have had this exact thread, with that exact Obama pic before.
    :wq

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    We have had this exact thread, with that exact Obama pic before.
    Ah, but were the comments as fresh and witty as these?!? I dare say not!

Rod
    mtbr member
    don't feed the troll.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

banned
    I just noticed the dude in the first picture is missing a leg. But, I immediately noticed the flat tire and granny ring on the Trek. Huh...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    George let me down as a mountain biker. He didn't promote bikes in wilderness where horses are allowed. The horse lobby has $$$, why it won't happen.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    So who is #43?

mtbr member
    Bush = meat head. Gives new meaning to the term figure head. The fact that he got elected once is stupid, the fact that he got re-elected makes us all look stupid.
    Could care less about who's a better mtber or who has a better bike. The fact that Obama would take his kids out for a fun ride and bush tried to take away his own daughters rights speaks volumes about character.
    Makes me laugh that some folks that might have a better bike or mtb skills would make fun of arguably the most powerful man in the world but whatever. If it makes you feel better about yourself, do what you have to.
    Round and round we go

banned
    He may not bike but those Kenyan's sure can run.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    As a just regular guy GWB was a pretty cool dude, MTBer, college rugby player and party animal. I can relate, since I was also a college rugby player and MTBer.

This thread would have been full of win if you would have left that second pic out.

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickKTM
    As a just regular guy GWB was a pretty cool dude, MTBer, college rugby player and party animal. I can relate, since I was also a college rugby player and MTBer.

But you're not the President! Does that mean you didn't party enough?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold
    George let me down as a mountain biker. He didn't promote bikes in wilderness where horses are allowed. The horse lobby has $$$, why it won't happen.
    Ummm...No.
    It's a whole lot more complicated than that and that rule has been around for a long time
    I agree with that rule. Do I let you down as a MTBer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by markaitch

looks kinda elitist, don't it?
    Well he does ride a Niner....

mtbr member
    Thats what they get for riding single speeds...

An acquaintance of mine rode MTBs with him while he was prez, said he tried hard and was in decent shape for his age, but wasn't anything notable really.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay
    Thats what they get for riding single speeds...

An acquaintance of mine rode MTBs with him while he was prez, said he tried hard and was in decent shape for his age, but wasn't anything notable really.

I think he meant secret service...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Does anyone know what kind of front tire that is on Bush's bike?

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperIN
    Looks like the same tire the other dude has on his bike. But no, I have no idea what it is.

IMO, I think it's a good thing to see any politician on a bicycle of any kind. I don't really care whether the guy rides a mtn bike (Bush), a road bike (Kerry), or a hybrid with a trail-a-bike (Obama). All of them are good for biking in one way or another if they spend enough time on the bike to understand the issues that cyclists deal with every day regarding access and safety.

As of yet, though, I haven't heard of any of them doing anything really important for cycling aside from being seen and photographed on bicycles. Bush has certainly been subject of more photos that I've seen and that's at least showing some people that mountain biking is not such the fringe activity that some people seem to think it is. I'd just be a lot happier to see the politicians on bicycles if they actually did more to promote them and their use.

banned
    Sep 2010

Bonty Jones XR I think.

I4NI

Tire no but I think he's a "Niner" bike guy!

Obama on a Trek Thats it, I'm selling my Trek and keeping my Giant!
    There....Are... Four...Lights!

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmorath
    Well he does ride a Niner....
    that's a Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

It's about showing up.

In fairness to Obama

He does look dorky on a bike but I'd hate to go one-on-one hoops with him.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollos
    but this is pretty awesome:

and this...well this, kids, is just pretty ***** looking:

Yep, a failure at politics, but a decent mountain bike rider… conversely, a well-educated (without his daddy’s help) career politician (instead of a failed “businessman”) who takes his kids for a ride without having first checked his air pressure (surely it’s happened to YOU, the original poster, before).

You redstaters just hate non-whites and people who can think for themselves. It’s OK, free speech is what this nation is about. Keep up the hate Jimbob Debbiesteve.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

banned
    Jun 2007
    No, W is a Texan. The Bush family has had a summer home in ME for many years, and when there, the secret service (S/S) are ever present.

Politics aside, W is a big mt biking advocate, who has made inroads to gain bike access to national parks.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker
    Yep, a failure at politics, but a decent mountain bike rider… conversely, a well-educated (without his daddy’s help) career politician (instead of a failed “businessman”) who takes his kids for a ride without having first checked his air pressure (surely it’s happened to YOU, the original poster, before).

You redstaters just hate non-whites and people who can think for themselves. It’s OK, free speech is what this nation is about. Keep up the hate Jimbob Debbiesteve.
    Yea, a 2-term President really sucked at politics. Made it to the highest level and as far as possible in that career path. Thats like saying, yea we won the Superbowl but we suck.

mtbr member
    Anyone who is a republican is a racist?

AZ
    banned

Wow, stereotype much?

transmitter~receiver
    No, W is a Texan. The Bush family has had a summer home in ME for many years, and when there, the secret service (S/S) are ever present.
    he was born in Connecticut, went to private high school in Massachusetts, went to Yale (Connecticut) & Harvard Business (Massachusetts).

as a texan (born, raised & reside) i'd just like to point that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yeah... I won't say Bush Jr. was great president, but I do support some of his view, and I'm pretty impressed that he's an accomplished rider too

Although I did vote Obama in 2008... I haven't been to impressed with him thus far...

Wino
    What's the big deal?.......I know a lot of dipsh!+s who ride mountain bikes.
    Me. The chosen one. They chose me. And I didn't even graduate from fu**ing high school.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Anyone who is a republican is a racist?
    Nope, just anyone who didn't vote for Obama...it couldn't have had anything to do with him being a Marxist or him having no relevant experience, or his miserable voting record, (voting present doesn't count)....it all has to do with him being black and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    Yea, a 2-term President really sucked at politics. Made it to the highest level and as far as possible in that career path. Thats like saying, yea we won the Superbowl but we suck.
    It's more like you got to be qb on the team headed to the superbowl because your dad was Peyton Manning, or the likes, and then not only lost the game but screwed up the whole sport.
    Last edited by theMeat; 05-07-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Round and round we go

Hi.
    I'm not trying to jump into this politics/racism debate, but it's pretty darn cool seeing the current/ex president riding bikes.

George W seems to hold his own on the MTB - good for him.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofannon
    What's the big deal?.......I know a lot of dipsh!+s who ride mountain bikes.
    ---
    Yes, and I highly doubt that they have ANY of the connections and influence that W does to promote mountain biking, and that IS the big deal.

Hey, just for just a moment - faack the politics, and view the big picture.
    W is someone who has helped, and can break the ban of trail biking on federal lands.
    By supporting his efforts, progress can be made, closures can be avoided, and increased trail access can become a reality. Overall,as a mtb-er isn't this more important than the unchangeable past?
    --

US Soccer
    Didn't read the whole thread to keep from getting "mad" but did anyone else notice they gave him number 43 ??? that was a nice touch

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat
    It's more like you got to be qb on the team headed to the superbowl because your dad was Peyton Manning, or the likes, and then not only lost the game but screwed up the whole sport.

LOL , u think Bush screwed things up compared to now? Well I guess he did give us Barry and things couldnt be more screwed up now. Bush spent to much money but Barry has spent more $ in 2 years than all 43 presidents before him combined! Go on lov'n Barry but your kids are gona hate both of you when they are paying 80% of every dime they make on our debt.

Afric Pepperbird
    "say what you will about George W Bush..."

OK, I will...

The guys got a turd for a brain, but I'd do his nerdly daughter... but not the ****ty looking one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Special eyes
    Bush spent to much money but Barry has spent more $ in 2 years than all 43 presidents before him combined!
    Of course he has. Here's a balloon for you...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    "say what you will about George W Bush..."

OK, I will...

The guys got a turd for a brain, but I'd do his nerdly daughter... but not the ****ty looking one.

wow , you need to be taught some manners

mtbr member
    This thread personifies the worthlessness of this site.

mtbr member
    True, I often wish that this site would only talk about and stick to mtb related stuff but....It's mostly for most just entertainment and fun for some, so why not just live and let live, and not this do as I say but not as I do stuff. You could have guessed by the title that this thread was gonna be stupid, filled with useless info. like your post, but you chose to add your comment anyway so...
    This forum is far from useless and full of info that can benifit many. If you think it's useless why come? or do you already know everything mtbing and find other point of views useless?
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I think you guys are missing the point here... '43' is riding a QR fork when any self respecting rider would be rocking a 20mm...

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    As unglamorous as riding a hybrid with a kid trailer is compared to a mt bike, it is probably sending the more important message to Americans: Riding a bike is something you can do in everyday life, and anyone can do it. Get more average Americans riding their hybrids on bike paths with their kids, and ALL aspects of cycling will benefit in this country as the sport becomes considered mainstream.

However, despite my view that W was the absolute worst pres in my lifetime and the fact that I generally support Obama, I'd rather go riding with W. Probably enjoy his company in general, because I doubt politics would come up.

The qualities I want in a riding buddy vs the leader of the free world are completely different.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You're all overlooking the fact that he's 65 and still putting in miles off road and staying in great physical condition. Not only can anyone ride, but they can do so late into life.

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman
    You're all overlooking the fact that he's 65 and still putting in miles off road and staying in great physical condition. Not only can anyone ride, but they can do so late into life.
    I'm the same age, and I have zero respect for that loafer. No way he kicks my a$$ on a bike.

Unlike George, I didn't have the connections to dodge the draft, which is why I am an Army veteran (E-5). GWB used the presidency as a platform to party. Since he is *reported* to have quit drinking and using drugs, he took up MTB, and got to ride any d*** place and time he cared to. Took nearly every afternoon off and helicoptered out to Camp David to ride. If he had taken the mornings off also, maybe we wouldn't have invaded the wrong country.

The SS people are 30+ years younger and obviously fit. If they had a "hard time keeping up," there is no doubt in my mind that it was because The Boss didn't like being shown up.

Which is why he doesn't like Obama, who kicks his a$$ in everything EXCEPT cycling.

In 1979 Gary Fisher and I rented a garage and opened a business we called "MountainBikes," which led to everything this site is about with the exception of Mr. Bush. We improved the world a ton more than GWB did.

~Disc~Golf~
    Word up CK!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

On wuss patrol

Specialized Captains -- which I find particularly fine.

Bonty Jones XR not even close.

Last edited by Glide the Clyde; 05-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

On wuss patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider
    In 1979 Gary Fisher and I rented a garage and opened a business we called "MountainBikes," which led to everything this site is about with the exception of Mr. Bush. We improved the world a ton more than GWB did.
    Charlie, I truly appreciate your service to our country during my younger and more formative years. You stepped up to it like a man. I appreciate almost as much the contribution you made to a sport I love. However, I guess I don't understand why you don't let your life and accomplishments speak for themselves. About every other post, we get the history lesson on Mountain Bikes and a GF name drop. Now with this thread, you go all political and diss on W, a guy you've never met, never sat and talked with (probably didn't read his book), nor have you ever been on a ride with him. I've not done these things either (have read the book) but I'm not baggin' on Barry, either.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Now with this thread, you go all political and diss on W, a guy you've never met, never sat and talked with (probably didn't read his book), nor have you ever been on a ride with him.
    That is a ridiculous set of "requirements" that someone needs in order to have an opinion about a president.

Are you familiar with the 1st amendment?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm the same age, and I have zero respect for that loafer. No way he kicks my a$$ on a bike.

Unlike George, I didn't have the connections to dodge the draft, which is why I am an Army veteran (E-5). GWB used the presidency as a platform to party. Since he is *reported* to have quit drinking and using drugs, he took up MTB, and got to ride any d*** place and time he cared to. Took nearly every afternoon off and helicoptered out to Camp David to ride. If he had taken the mornings off also, maybe we wouldn't have invaded the wrong country.

The SS people are 30+ years younger and obviously fit. If they had a "hard time keeping up," there is no doubt in my mind that it was because The Boss didn't like being shown up.

Which is why he doesn't like Obama, who kicks his a$$ in everything EXCEPT cycling.

Obama even more socialist leaning? Check
    Obama out spending every other administration? Check
    Obama not keeping any campaign promises? Check
    Obama bombing muslim countries without real justification? Check
    Obama trampling civil rights? Check

Yep, kicks his ass in everything but cycling. Good call.

Oh, and props to you for still getting out there and kicking it in your 60's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trboxman
    Obama even more socialist leaning? Check
    Obama out spending every other administration? Check
    Obama not keeping any campaign promises? Check
    Obama bombing muslim countries without real justification? Check
    Obama trampling civil rights? Check

Yep, kicks his ass in everything but cycling. Good call.

Oh, and props to you for still getting out there and kicking it in your 60's.
    While it wasn't a campaign promise, Obama DID do one thing he said he would during the election. If Bin Laden was found inside Pakistan, he said he would send people in there and kill his ass (Hilary and McCain skewered him for it). He found Bin Laden, sent guys in there, and killed his ass.

banned
    Jun 2007
    [QUOTE=. No way he kicks my a$$ on a bike.

[/QUOTE]
    ---

This is exactly, what I thought too. Until word I got at LBS was -
    No, he's in shape, and was really punishing the young SS crew.
    Regardless, of their "dogging it" to make the boss look good -

The image of W being led by a shop rat on the local trials of mud/roots, and then dropping the SS in the bogs to feed the blackflies & skeeters just made me smile..
    ---

mtbr member
    No, he's in shape, and was really punishing the young SS crew.
    ---
    Young = in shape and fast on a bike, no exceptions eh?

Is it Friday yet?
    While it wasn't a campaign promise, Obama DID do one thing he said he would during the election. If Bin Laden was found inside Pakistan, he said he would send people in there and kill his ass (Hilary and McCain skewered him for it). He found Bin Laden, sent guys in there, and killed his ass.
    He promised healthcare too.

He also promised to end the tax cuts, but the Repubs blocked that.

Rod
    mtbr member
    edit

Rod
    mtbr member

Specialized Captains -- which I find particularly fine.

Bonty Jones XR not even close.

I have to admit those are some awesome tires.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollos
    awesome
    Does Bush have manboobs?

Stucco Bucket
    Someone always has to show their liberal, whiney victim opinions. Even when the thread is a positive stoke for MTB community. Youre right I wouldnt want to ride with you either...

Is it Friday yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    Someone always has to show their liberal, whiney victim opinions. Even when the thread is a positive stoke for MTB community. Youre right I wouldnt want to ride with you either...
    How typical. Nothing of value to add, just cutting others down.

Stucco Bucket

Yea look at all those insults...

Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    How typical. Nothing of value to add, just cutting others down.
    except you didnt include my quote from the "pillar" of the MTB community who had nothing positive to say. I could comment more, and maybe I will later, but this a thread about MTBing and our soldiers who have been injured. I dont see anything positive in Repack Riders post. And the same holds true for the way RR responds to any post or member that has moderate or conservative views.

typical I guess. Unlike the the person I quoted, I wouldnt let someones political beliefs infuence my decision to ride with them. More than half my riding group is Democrat. and thats ok with everyone, because it about riding.
    I also devote a lot of my time and effort to the wounded warrior project, and I think its great that our former president is doing this.
    If this was Obama riding with the wounded soldiers (whxch he would never do) Id give him the same grace.

Is it Friday yet?
    except you didnt include my quote from the "pillar" of the MTB community who had nothing positive to say. I could comment more, and maybe I will later, but this a thread about MTBing and our soldiers who have been injured. I dont see anything positive in Repack Riders post. And the same holds true for the way RR responds to any post or member that has moderate or conservative views.

typical I guess. Unlike the the person I quoted, I wouldnt let someones political beliefs infuence my decision to ride with them. More than half my riding group is Democrat. and thats ok with everyone, because it about riding.
    I also devote a lot of my time and effort to the wounded warrior project, and I think its great that our former president is doing this.
    If this was Obama riding with the wounded soldiers (whxch he would never do) Id give him the same grace.
    Fair enough. I am a Dem living in TX, so you can guess what most of my riding buddies vote. I actually posted this pic on facebook a few days ago and said something to the effect of, "I know I bash GWB a lot, but this is very cool and he does it frequently". I'm also a VFW, so we have a lot in common even though we pull different levers.

I'm surprised to hear you say the President wouldn't ride with wounded warriors If he could. I disagree and think he goes out of his way to support the troops. In fact, he's spent the last several days commending them and visiting with them. Did you see 60 Minutes tonight?

mtbr member
    Fair enough. I am a Dem living in TX, so you can guess what most of my riding buddies vote. I actually posted this pic on facebook a few days ago and said something to the effect of, "I know I bash GWB a lot, but this is very cool and he does it frequently". I'm also a VFW, so we have a lot in common even though we pull different levers.

I'm surprised to hear you say the President wouldn't ride with wounded warriors If he could. I disagree and think he goes out of his way to support the troops. In fact, he's spent the last several days commending them and visiting with them. Did you see 60 Minutes tonight?
    I think what is really important here is that you post more, and larger pictures of the nice ladies in your avatar.

Stucco Bucket
    He may. Especially since we have an election next year :tongueincheek:

GWB has no agenda financially or politically to do this. He loves riding, and believes in our wounded warriors.
    The cause I support has been the number one fundraiser in the US for the the WWP for the last two years (my plug). The lady who founded it was on that ride with our soldiers.
    BTW I didnt vote for Bush.

Is it Friday yet?
    I think what is really important here is that you post more, and larger pictures of the nice ladies in your avatar.
    That's Brett Favres girlfriend, She went to FSU.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/ga...nifer-sterger/

mtbr member

SCHWING

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Looks like her bling is aftermarket....

Rod
    mtbr member

Last edited by Rod; 05-08-2011 at 08:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    unfortunately you are not quite right in that assessment.
    this thread could have been a nice commentary that bush's mtbing is good for our sport, if the op had just posted the pic of gw with the vets & let it go at that.
    but of course as a typical nasty, small-minded conservative he just had to also include a pic meant to denigrate our current pres along with a mean & disrespectful remark about him.

...GWB has no agenda financially or politically to do this...
    of course he does...he's got to get to work doing anything possible to rehabilitate his reputation from being considered the worst us president in history

Stucco Bucket
    Yea weird, using the word typical.
    small minded, self loathing liberals
    pics are real and this a MTB forum.
    If they werent all deleted, Id bring up the threads that end with someone on the left starts calling names.
    Do what you have to.
    unfortunately you are not quite right in that assessment.
    this thread could have been a nice commentary that bush's mtbing is good for our sport, if the op had just posted the pic of gw with the vets & let it go at that.
    but of course as a typical nasty, small-minded conservative he just had to also include a pic meant to denigrate our current pres along with a mean & disrespectful remark about him.

Stucco Bucket
    of course he does...he's got to get to work doing anything possible to rehabilitate his reputation from being considered the worst us president in history
    Luckily, he wont have to wait long. His mistaes will be well shadowed by the current presidents choices.Good call though, thank for bringing it up.

spec4life???..smh...

ignorance is bliss...(and boy do you define the word ignorant...)

Sexy Mother Fakir
    Quote Originally Posted by spec4life
    ignorance is bliss...(and boy do you define the word ignorant...)

I'm middle of the road, so I always like to hear both sides. So how about actually discussing what RR is ignorant of? Critical thinking is not your strong suit?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    GWB used the presidency as a platform to party. Since he is *reported* to have quit drinking and using drugs, he took up MTB, and got to ride any d*** place and time he cared to. Took nearly every afternoon off and helicoptered out to Camp David to ride. If he had taken the mornings off also, maybe we wouldn't have invaded the wrong country.
    Start here.

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Vindaloo
    I'm middle of the road, so I always like to hear both sides. So how about actually discussing what RR is ignorant of? Critical thinking is not your strong suit?
    nope you caught me...

lucky for me I start law school in the fall so hopefully they can teach me something...

Sexy Mother Fakir
    nope you caught me...

lucky for me I start law school in the fall so hopefully they can teach me something...

I'm dead effing serious, you claimed that Repack Rider is ignorant. What exactly is it that he/she is ignorant of?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    GWB has no agenda financially or politically to do this. He loves riding, and believes in our wounded warriors.
    He and his circle of friends are traitors.
    Chickenhawks.
    War profiteers.

Remember this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021701172.html

The common perception of Walter Reed is of a surgical hospital that shines as the crown jewel of military medicine. But 5 1/2 years of sustained combat have transformed the venerable 113-acre institution into something else entirely -- a holding ground for physically and psychologically damaged outpatients. Almost 700 of them -- the majority soldiers, with some Marines -- have been released from hospital beds but still need treatment or are awaiting bureaucratic decisions before being discharged or returned to active duty.
    or this?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=avpoo4LIa.zY

Facility maintenance at Walter Reed is ... performed by a private company, IAP Worldwide Services Inc., under... contract...

IAP's majority owner is New York-based Cerberus Capital Management LP. Cerberus's chairman is former Treasury Secretary John Snow; former Vice President Dan Quayle heads Cerberus's global investments unit.

The Army's decision to hire IAP, reported by the Washington Post, generated criticism from John Gage, president of the American Federation of Government Employees, and Representative Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. They said privatization has resulted in poor care for Walter Reed patients.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030902082.html

IAP is owned by Cerberus Capital Management LP, an asset-management firm chaired by former Treasury secretary John W. Snow. The company is headed by two former high-ranking executives of KBR, formerly known as Kellogg Brown & Root. Al Neffgen, IAP's chief executive, was chief operating officer for a KBR division before joining IAP in 2004. IAP's president, Dave Swindle, is a former KBR vice president.

The company has worked at Walter Reed since 2003, providing housekeepers, computer analysts and clerks under a Treasury contract...
    Y'all remember the upstanding corporate citizen Kellogg, Brown, and Root(KBR), right?

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-22/u...tagon?_s=PM:US

A U.S. Army Criminal Investigations Division investigator has recommended changing the official manner of death for a soldier electrocuted while showering at his base in Iraq from "accidental" to "negligent homicide,"...

The investigator blames KBR, the largest U.S. contractor in Iraq, and two KBR supervisors for the incident...

CNN first reported the death of Maseth, a highly decorated, 24-year-old Green Beret, last spring. His January 2, 2008, death was just one of many fatalities now believed to be linked to shoddy electrical work at U.S. bases managed by U.S. contractors...

Pentagon officials now say at least 18 troops have been electrocuted since 2003 -- many due to faulty wiring and improper grounding.

The number could be higher if deaths from Afghanistan are included...

Oh and there's this guy

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in575356.shtml

A report by the Congressional Research Service undermines Vice President Dick Cheney's denial of a continuing relationship with Halliburton Co., the energy company he once led...

Cheney was chief executive officer of Halliburton from 1995 through August 2000. The company's KBR subsidiary is the main government contractor working to restore Iraq's oil industry in an open-ended contract that was awarded without competitive bidding.

According to Cheney's 2001 financial disclosure report, the vice president's Halliburton benefits include three batches of stock options comprising 433,333 shares...
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...7012/index.htm

David J. Lesar, Dick Cheney's successor, survive as chairman and CEO of Halliburton...

Trained as a CPA, Lesar spent 16 years at Arthur Andersen, though he apparently doesn't view that as a PR plus. His corporate biography omits his time at the firm that did Enron's accounting. (Cheney's official bio on the White House website, in turn, never mentions the word "Halliburton.")

The geniuses that brought us Iran-Contra (sell Iranian terrorists weapons, use the proceeds to fund a very unpopular with the natives and other poor people insurgencey) Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton, et al

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...7012/index.htm

Managed to amass personal fortunes while refusing to listen to their military and foreign intelligence advisers and has led to the deaths of 4,311 service members of the United States Army in Iraq since

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XzrJwzYBUkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Hellav8ted; 05-09-2011 at 12:38 AM.

spec4life???..smh...
    I'm dead effing serious, you claimed that Repack Rider is ignorant. What exactly is it that he/she is ignorant of?
    well im not going to sit here and write a 25 page essay complete with charts and graphs although thats whats necessarily to properly address your question..

If you truly are interested there are far better places to look and far more qualified people to address your concerns...

Its just ignorant to think that bush was the worst thing to ever come along and that obama is the best..or vice versa..

just like with the osama situation we would have never found him if it werent for bushs policies and we would have never closed the deal if obama hadnt made the call...everything isnt so black and white..

Hi.
    well im not going to sit here and write a 25 page essay complete with charts and graphs although thats whats necessarily to properly address your question..

If you truly are interested there are far better places to look and far more qualified people to address your concerns...

Its just ignorant to think that bush was the worst thing to ever come along and that obama is the best..or vice versa..

just like with the osama situation we would have never found him if it werent for bushs policies and we would have never closed the deal if obama hadnt made the call...everything isnt so black and white..

Your post hurts my brain with its lack of punctuation and proper grammar. You really got into law school?

Hi.
    Repack Rider = Charlie Kelly. Always cool to have a Hall-of-Famer posting in the General Forum.

~Disc~Golf~

way to make a baseless statement and not be able to back it up when challenged
    you should be a politician
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Really, just what we need, another lawyer in the world.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat
    Really, just what we need, another lawyer in the world.
    Exactly, the GNP of the US is too big right now, we're simply producing too much, so someone that doesn't produce anything or create anything of value and will simply shuffle around the money that others have earned while taking their percentage is just what the USA needs right now

Stucco Bucket
    Its sad when the narrowminded views come out. Do you really think "your side" are the heroes and the other side are the villains?
    I could post as many if not more stories of corruption, theft, war and greed from people in your camp. But Ill let someone else get the thread moved.
    Maybe if every one of those "news" outlets you posted werent far left leaning diaper bombs, they would have a little cred.
    Its comforting to know our Nobel Peace Prize winning leader would never send in troops or kill someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellav8ted
    He and his circle of friends are traitors.
    Chickenhawks.
    War profiteers.

Remember this?

or this?

Y'all remember the upstanding corporate citizen Kellogg, Brown, and Root(KBR), right?

Oh and there's this guy

The geniuses that brought us Iran-Contra (sell Iranian terrorists weapons, use the proceeds to fund a very unpopular with the natives and other poor people insurgencey) Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton, et al

Managed to amass personal fortunes while refusing to listen to their military and foreign intelligence advisers and has led to the deaths of 4,311 service members of the United States Army in Iraq since

tl1
    Bicyclist

Teams don't win the Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    ...by stacking the Supreme Court. He was never the legitimately elected president the first time and he did to the country just what he did with everything he was ever in charge of: wrecked it financially and otherwise.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    every one of those "news" outlets you posted werent far left leaning diaper bombs, they would have a little cred.
    If you stuck to the topic, GWB and his relationship to veterans, you would have a little more credibility.

CNN, the Washington Post, Bloomberg, and CBS are the epitome of middle of the road, corporate media, and have more than enough cred to be cited.
    None of those articles I linked to were opinion pieces, all the facts, i.e.:

-Abominable conditions at VA facilities for recovering soldiers.
    -The close corporate ties between Dick Cheney, IAP, Kellogg, Brown, and Root, Halliburton, Arthur Anderson accounting, and Enron, and the no-bid service contracts in Iraq and Walter Reed.
    -The same people who were in charge of foreign policy during the Reagan years* (neo-conservatives) were in charge of the invasion of Iraq.
    -GWB gave his "Mission Accomplished" speech while the administration had no exit strategy.
    -The military lost many junior level officers due to the administration's unwillingness to listen to any intelligence or opinion that deviated from their stated goal.

can be independently verified.

Please feel free to refute any of the facts with citation.
    Please direct me to articles demonstrating high level policy makers from the Clinton and Obama administrations having close working relationships with defense and service contractors, and those contractors being guilty of gross negligence.

I will gladly accept Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Barrons, Bloomberg, etc., please no Drudge Report or Washington Times(rev. Sun Yun Moon's paper).

*same guys that thought it would be a good idea to arm and support Osama Bin Laden and the mujahideen to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Hellav8ted; 05-09-2011 at 01:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have been registered as ‘Non Partisan’ for over 25 yrs. To me voting is about the lesser of the two evils…

That being said:
    Who would you elect to run the largest corporation in the world (United States)?

A guy that’s dad was the previous President and VP of that corporation for 12 yrs and had the experience, knowledge and resources to offer advice. A guy that ran a smaller but very large corporation (State of Texas), etc.

Or…

A guy that’s only claim to fame was being a community organizer in Chicago before he worked as a civil rights attorney.

Humm hard choice for me….

BTW – excellent comments Owl

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_dog_canyon
    Who would you elect to run the largest corporation in the world (United States)?

A guy that’s dad was the previous President and VP of that corporation for 12 yrs and had the experience, knowledge and resources to offer advice. A guy that ran a smaller but very large corporation (State of Texas), etc.

So, just to make sure I'm reading you correctly, you would prefer to have the executive branch of the Federal government run by career politicians and Washington insiders?

And GWB exemplifies this "connected, knows how the game is played, knows all the right players" chief executive?

Are you sure that is the narrative you're looking for?

Again, please point me in the direction of proof that KBR, Halliburton, IAP, were working for the benefit of soldiers, not share holder value.
    Please prove to me that KBR is not in the habit of overcharging taxpayers for shoddy, dangerous service.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/17/wa...ractor.html?hp

Please show me the articles proving that KBR is a responsible corporate citizen, not a tax evader.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/art...axes_offshore/

Do you have stock/ sit on the board of these corporate entities?
    Are you a Cayman Island banker?

Did you read the Washington Post series (that was fact-checked, and expanded on by many, many journalists) on Walter Reed?
    Do you think that the men and women who bravely serve our country, deserve to be treated so poorly, just so a private contractor can profit?

This is not a petty repub vs demo "I know you are but what am I!?!" squabble over whether we should say 'merry Christmas' or 'happy holidays'.
    This is a small group of men getting very wealthy on government contracts (taxpayer money) vs the soldiery and citizenry of this great nation.
    This is treason.
    Last edited by Hellav8ted; 05-09-2011 at 01:09 PM.

mtbr member
    The shot of Obama on the bike was widely used by righty hate talkers, including Faux news, as part of the propaganda campaign against him. Obama is gay, liberals are gay, Obama isn't as macho as George Bush, Obama isn't as macho as Putin (pic of Putin in Scuba gear) etc.
    But now the truth must come out. Bush was the biggest flaming f*g to ever occupy the White House!

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    way to make a baseless statement and not be able to back it up when challenged
    you should be a politician
    seriously do you do anything other than sit in your chair and post on mtbr...im certain you have no time to actually ride a bike...

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino
    Your post hurts my brain with its lack of punctuation and proper grammar. You really got into law school?

1. yes with a higher LSAT score than 80% of the people that take the test and a 4.0 undergarduate

2.. sorry iv never understood why people are so concerned about grammer on a mtb forum. i do plenty enough academic work to not be concerned when i come to post on this forum...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0