Hmmmmm

No good Our Supposed Allies.

Read this. This is our supposed allies in the Middle East...
    When will this country learn to go back to carpet bombing, like the allies did to the Nazis and Imperial Japanese Gov. ?
    Politically correct warfare never works.

Karzai: Afghans Will Back Pakistan If U.S. Attacks : NPR
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

Ride Instigator
    Them sand bruthas' sure stick together don't they.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Carpet bombing is morally identical to terrorism

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingtiao View Post
    Carpet bombing is morally identical to terrorism
    Who cares? Then you could say that's fighting fire with fire. Nothin wrong with that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    In either case: noncombatant civilians. People burning to death in the WTC on 11/9; tribespeople in Waziristan. Who cares: those people and their families I guess.

mtbr member
    If some one is interested in learning about Islamic fundamentalism and how it fits into Mideastern politics, I recommend reading "The Looming Tower", by Lawrence Wright. Its very informative. I also recommend reading articles by Robert Spencer or listening to him speak if you have the chance.

If someone is interested in learning about Iran, I recommend the book "A Time to Betray The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent Inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran" by Reza Kahlili. Its a fascinating book.

Amazon.com: The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11 (9780375414862): Lawrence Wright: Books

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Betray-As.../dp/143918903X

Jihad Watch

http://atimetobetray.com/

Personally my views on our military actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have evolved. However, I continue to believe that Obama is dangerously naive regarding the Mideast.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The US has no business in being in Afghanistan. For hundreds of years before it was even Afghanistan, invading armies (most recently the Soviets) before us have gone in for various reasons and failed. What makes anyone think it will be any different for America?

10 years on and the country is more dangerous than it was when we first invaded! We control only Kabul if that. We and anyone else will be viewed as occupiers. Just like we would view an invading army of the US. God forbid.

Read Ghost Wars by Steven Coll. An excellent, well researched book which shows that many of the same jihadis we fight today were created by the US to fight the Soviets.

Then watch Restrepo, the excellent documentary about the Koregal Valley to see how stupid and utterly hopeless our involvement is.

In a time of recession I find it hard to believe we waste so much money on war. Ron Paul say's the US is a war mongerer and he is spot on.

mtbr member
    It's definitely an F'ed up situation. At least with the cold war the Soviets where not suicidal. Its a very dangerous situation when people really want to die. Even more so if extremest leaders obtain nuclear weapons. My problem with our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan is that it gives the extremists something with which to legitimize their jhad against the west to moderate Muslims. But even more significantly it has caused the west to loose the will to do something about Iran's nuclear program which I see as the single largest threat.

Happy shredding :)
    Aug 2011
    Ok, from the article:

"Afghan President Hamid Karzai says that in a war between Pakistan and the U.S., Afghanistan would support Pakistan."

"Afghanistan's army is being trained and funded by primarily U.S. assistance."

"Karzai's comments set off a firestorm of criticism in the country. Afghan lawmakers argued they were particularly hypocritical coming just weeks after the assassination of former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani by a suicide bomber, which the Afghan government said was planned in the Pakistani city of Quetta, the Taliban's suspected base."

"Pakistan has been reluctant to move more forcefully against the Haqqani, arguing such an act could spark a broader tribal war in the region."

Not sure what is more shocking: the fact that we are still helping fuel this fire or that media actually accurately reported something?

Either way, if that's what they want so be it. Leave these people alone and let them go back to wiping each other off the face of the earth. It's what THEY WANT and costs US nothing
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST