Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: William_Cannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    283

    OT: Replacement Ink Cartridges

    Where do you guys get replacement ink cartridges? OEM pricing is just sick. Even buying the store brand (office depot, officemax, etc) is a pretty expensive.

    Thanks in advance,
    WC

  2. #2
    wannabee
    Reputation: giantbikeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,112
    googlebing it on the al gore machine.

    replacement ink cartridges - Bing
    .....

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: William_Cannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    283
    Seriously disappointed this was moved to the trash. I asked the forum in order to get the opinions from people like myself. I can freaking use google to find the lowest price on recycled ink cartridges, but there is no info on quality, service, etc.

  4. #4
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,229
    Quote Originally Posted by William_Cannon View Post
    Seriously disappointed this was moved to the trash. I asked the forum in order to get the opinions from people like myself. I can freaking use google to find the lowest price on recycled ink cartridges, but there is no info on quality, service, etc.
    this thread was binned because it has absolutely nothing to do with mountain biking.

    you can get reviews by simply googling around.

    sorry you are disappointed.

    Love,
    CHUM
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

  5. #5
    Retired User
    Reputation: wbmason55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    this thread was binned because it has absolutely nothing to do with mountain biking.

    you can get reviews by simply googling around.

    sorry you are disappointed.

    Love,
    CHUM

    Riiiight, and "OT:How to get your neighbor to Move" is clearly more mountain bike specific, as are all of these highly MTB specific threads in the Nor Cal forum, Mr Big Tough Super Moderator Chicklet Whore Guy
    OT: Any Robot dancers out there
    OT: Refi?
    OT: Taking My Wife to Lassen for a Couple of Days..
    OT: Calling All 2nd Gen Tacoma Owners!
    OT- Made me smile!
    OT: Good place for VW care?

    Hugs and kisses,
    WB

  6. #6
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,229
    just like a speeding ticket...

    others may be speeding, but somebody is gonna get caught.

    this time it was the OP....

    no biggee...right?



    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55 View Post
    Riiiight, and "OT:How to get your neighbor to Move" is clearly more mountain bike specific, as are all of these highly MTB specific threads in the Nor Cal forum, Mr Big Tough Super Moderator Chicklet Whore Guy
    OT: Any Robot dancers out there
    OT: Refi?
    OT: Taking My Wife to Lassen for a Couple of Days..
    OT: Calling All 2nd Gen Tacoma Owners!
    OT- Made me smile!
    OT: Good place for VW care?

    Hugs and kisses,
    WB
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    just like a speeding ticket...

    others may be speeding, but somebody is gonna get caught.
    Ah, but those other speeders are still there, identified, within your grasp, but yet ignored.

    I think that's what bugs most of the OP's with threads that end up in the bin.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

  8. #8
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,103
    What bugs me is I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get in on the fun.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    What bugs me is I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get in on the fun.
    Agreed...let's move the recycle bin to the top.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: William_Cannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    this thread was binned because it has absolutely nothing to do with mountain biking.

    you can get reviews by simply googling around.

    sorry you are disappointed.

    Love,
    CHUM
    I get it, this is a mtb forum. What I don't get is the inconsistency. If all OT stuff was here whether it was originally posted or all moved here then it would be better serving for all. Also as another mentioned, it's way the hell down at the bottom.

    carry on,
    Bill

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CarolinaLL6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,080
    They just need an OT forum. Problem solved.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: William_Cannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Agreed...let's move the recycle bin to the top.
    How about an OT board somewhere in the middle. Perhaps above the regional section?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: marpilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,652
    OP, what make/model of printer do you have? I've bought cheap Cannon replacement cartridges in the past that didn't have the "logic" boards on them. The printer couldn't update me on the quantity of ink left in the cartridge but they were a lot cheaper...

    Personally, I'm done with color printers (and ink cartridges). The only reason I had one was to print photos. And, i was never happy with the quality. Now I just send off the .jpgs to CVS, Walgreens, etc. and pick them up later. I kept my B&W laser printer and life is much simpler now.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

  14. #14
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,796
    To the OP, I just got a Kodak multipurpose print/scan/etc and their cartridges are cheap. Two models for their entire line of printers make for a simple choice...color and B&W..I got tired of remembering the frickin' numbers and styles. The worst offender is HP, they got more *&^%#$ going on than anyone else with their "updates" etc.
    YMMV
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  15. #15
    Retired User
    Reputation: wbmason55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    874
    Deleted because it was dumb.
    Last edited by wbmason55; 10-09-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. co2 cartridges
    By BigBadConrad in forum Arizona
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
  2. Oil in Air cartridges???
    By KentMcF in forum Specialized
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
  3. Co2 Cartridges?
    By Crazy Legs in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 08:24 PM
  4. 05 Z.1 vs. 03/04 - cartridges...
    By rpet in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 03:24 PM
  5. CO2 Cartridges?
    By Kaparzo in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •