Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 69
  1. #1
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491

    OT: Newt Gingrich or Michelle Bachmann

    Ladies first...
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LFB6LQ1-WKU?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    <iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/a6e1fea587" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    940
    Newt Gingrich because he use bar oil on his chain saw.

  3. #3
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,940
    Good stuff. In this particular contest? Bachmann by a mile....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  4. #4
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Not seen anything like this before... Hilarious! Actually I think they are talking a lot more sense than usual here...
    It's all Here. Now.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    402
    Oh boy here we go!

    A pretty poor crop to pick from… BUT anybody but Obama…

    I still don’t get how the stockholders (US citizens) of the world’s largest corporation (USA) hired a CEO that never even had a job before, little own run a big company before…. You would never see such stupid stuff going on at Microsoft or GE. At least they hire somebody that has some experience and has some idea what is going on.

    A great example is how Obama kept campaigning on closing Gitmo in his first thirty days or some such. A week in, you never heard anything more about it (he started getting the daily security briefing!). Recently he signed a bill that will keep Gitmo open indefinitely. What a Piker!

  6. #6
    Stucco Bucket
    Reputation: the_owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,746
    I see where this is going...



    R O N P A U L

  7. #7
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_dog_canyon View Post
    Oh boy here we go!

    A pretty poor crop to pick from… BUT anybody but Obama…

    I still don’t get how the stockholders (US citizens) of the world’s largest corporation (USA) hired a CEO that never even had a job before, little own run a big company before…. You would never see such stupid stuff going on at Microsoft or GE. At least they hire somebody that has some experience and has some idea what is going on.

    A great example is how Obama kept campaigning on closing Gitmo in his first thirty days or some such. A week in, you never heard anything more about it (he started getting the daily security briefing!). Recently he signed a bill that will keep Gitmo open indefinitely. What a Piker!
    Because people think phrases like 'let alone' are actually 'little own'.... Obama was a practicing attorney and college professor from 1992 to 2004. Bill Gates had one year in the workforce before starting Microsoft. I didn't vote for Obama, and wont in next year's election. I just find it really amusing when idiots wonder aloud why people are so stupid.

  8. #8
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_dog_canyon View Post
    … BUT anybody but Obama...
    I dunno, have you seen what he has to say?
    <embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=81883858" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CarolinaLL6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    960
    Those are all pretty humorous but this makes me want to take Spanish classes.

    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jLhkmp2X0DE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,770
    I don't know...... the eyes tell a lot about someone and I don't want her near the "Button" on a bad day.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  11. #11
    OnTheTrailAgain
    Reputation: 2ndgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,165
    Huntsman daughters.


  12. #12
    Sweep the leg!
    Reputation: Caffeine Powered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,805
    I'd rather have Bachman face first into a pillow.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Scott O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,477
    I like Obama's ideas on healthcare. Wait, what???

    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDJSVPAx8xc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eDJSVPAx8xc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    I'd rather have Bachman face first into a pillow.



    Nope, Barry face first,

















    into a wood chipper.

  15. #15
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    I like Obama's ideas on healthcare. Wait, what???
    aww c'mon man - that would fluster any orator going off of prepared notes - it takes some time to recompose.

    ANYways, lets not get this into a political debate (which never ends well) - this is a fun thread.

    so for intermission I'll give you BEP - and poop
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kQTW7Pd1vqc?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,799
    I say we kill all of them, and the next class we seat, will maybe take the job seriously.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

  17. #17
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,583
    Ron paul!
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  18. #18
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,704
    "I helped a fuzzy dude cut a piece of fruit"

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0w2-n3U5Mm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    "If Madonna had a wooden statue, she'd just gobble that sardine"

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e9L9A1IMTQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  19. #19
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I say we kill all of them, and the next class we seat, will maybe take the job seriously.
    Heh heh! That's the second thing I have read of yours this morning that I actually agree with! I do think banishment would be enough tho... Happy Christmas!
    Last edited by rockerc; 12-25-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    It's all Here. Now.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Because people think phrases like 'let alone' are actually 'little own'.... Obama was a practicing attorney and college professor from 1992 to 2004. Bill Gates had one year in the workforce before starting Microsoft. I didn't vote for Obama, and wont in next year's election. I just find it really amusing when idiots wonder aloud why people are so stupid.
    He was not an actual professor but rather a "lecturer" he never actually worked as an Atty anyplace, he was a community organizer before He was recruited by the left wing nutbags and placed into power, hmm wonder where that has happened before?
    Not that his work history should have any real relevance (or lack of, I do like how it seems to get better and better lol) what should of had relevance to anyone was his actual political Ideology, his desire go completley bankrupt the nation (he has nearly succeeded) by first shutting down our power should have been a red flag OBAMA WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY Biden: No Coal !!! - YouTube the first ten seconds is all that is relevant.

    As for the video's ,I tried to watch but htey were so absolutely idiotic I was unable to make it past a few seconds, much like watching jersy shore, Im sure the same mentality people watch them as well.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by dead_dog_canyon View Post
    Oh boy here we go!

    A pretty poor crop to pick from… BUT anybody but Obama…

    I still don’t get how the stockholders (US citizens) of the world’s largest corporation (USA) hired a CEO that never even had a job before, little own run a big company before…. You would never see such stupid stuff going on at Microsoft or GE. At least they hire somebody that has some experience and has some idea what is going on.

    A great example is how Obama kept campaigning on closing Gitmo in his first thirty days or some such. A week in, you never heard anything more about it (he started getting the daily security briefing!). Recently he signed a bill that will keep Gitmo open indefinitely. What a Piker!
    Name:  obamasheep.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  23.2 KBPeople who voted for the Messiah are about as uneducated about their candidate as absolutely possible. His past has been been beaten to death and speaks for itself but moving forward we have more of the same on a far worse level. We have a president who has taken more vacations than any other president in history (actual vacations bush would spend time on his ranch making teleconferences) guess who is unavailable while he flies around shaking dictators hands? Name:  obamasheep.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  23.2 KB

    He has placed us further in debt than any other president in history, renewed the Patriot act, not only did he ignore Gitmo any American citizen accused of terrorism does not have the right to a trial and may be held indefinitely. He took more "oil money" on the campaign than mccain. Has more people working under him from Goldman Saches than the previous corrupt administration, Hell the CEO for GEO is on his payroll, or vice versa. His Campaign accepted Illegal donations, Its hard to Imagine anyone a bigger crook in office, IM sure someone can top it, but he is at the top of the list.

    As for anyone else, I think not, Newt was one of the biggest pork barrel spenders of all time, bachman has a wonderful heart but the Media absolutely hates any woman running for president and destroyed any chance she had. Perry is another Christian fundamentalist wack job. Ron Paul is alright but a bit on the loony side as well, out of all the candidates he understands the constitution better than any of them however.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OT: Newt Gingrich or Michelle Bachmann-obamaking.jpg  


  22. #22
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,704
    How did this seemingly harmless, funny thread get turned into a wingnut political football?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    It was from the start, that is why those video's were created.

  24. #24
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    He was not an actual professor but rather a "lecturer" he never actually worked as an Atty anyplace, he was a community organizer before He was recruited by the left wing nutbags and placed into power, hmm wonder where that has happened before?
    Not that his work history should have any real relevance (or lack of, I do like how it seems to get better and better lol) what should of had relevance to anyone was his actual political Ideology, his desire go completley bankrupt the nation (he has nearly succeeded) by first shutting down our power should have been a red flag OBAMA WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY Biden: No Coal !!! - YouTube the first ten seconds is all that is relevant.

    As for the video's ,I tried to watch but htey were so absolutely idiotic I was unable to make it past a few seconds, much like watching jersy shore, Im sure the same mentality people watch them as well.

    Yes, he did actually work as an attorney. He was a lecturer and was then promoted to senior lecturor. Lecturors do actually teach in college settings. He also, seperately from those two positions, worked as a community organizer for a Christian non profit, and as Director of a large part of that group increased their budget significantly and had a major positive impact on the group.

    Early life and career of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The people who like watching those videos are people who like being entertained.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Yes, he did actually work as an attorney. He was a lecturer and was then promoted to senior lecturor. Lecturors do actually teach in college settings. He also, seperately from those two positions, worked as a community organizer for a Christian non profit, and as Director of a large part of that group increased their budget significantly and had a major positive impact on the group.

    Early life and career of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The people who like watching those videos are people who like being entertained.
    Yes initially he was only a TA when campaigning suddenly his career gets better and better as he gains political power and wealth, Cannot Imagine why He is a very poor speaker for someone who made a living doing such, and for someone who was a practicing atty he does not do well without a script, again, something not normal with a supposed history such as his...... Regardless his actions speak for themselves, Happy Solstice Comrad

  26. #26
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Solstice was 4 days ago, but thanks! It's a very noticeable date up here with a lot of reason to celebrate when you've only got 5 hours of daylight on the winter solstice. Merry Christmas.

    Back on topic:

    The Newt Gingrich one still cracks me up big time. "I went poopoo in the egg salad".

  27. #27
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,491
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    How did this seemingly harmless, funny thread get turned into a wingnut political football?
    probably because of a rhetoric spewing troll that is on my ignore list and has no funny bone
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    263
    Ron Paul

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mud Gecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by krott5333 View Post
    Ron Paul
    +1,000,000,000.....and I'm Australian. C'mon yanks get your sh*t together so the rest of the world can get on with it....

  30. #30
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,704
    You Ron Paul freaks, just Google "Ron Paul racist newsletters".

    That's all you really need to know.

  31. #31
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    You Ron Paul freaks, just Google "Ron Paul racist newsletters".

    That's all you really need to know.

    First result sums it up pretty well.

    Here's The Real Story Behind Ron Paul's Racist Newsletters - Business Insider

    I had some ideas about life and misconceptions about other people 20 and 30 years ago that I think are pretty stupid now. I'm pretty sure most people are in the same boat.

  32. #32
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    probably because of a rhetoric spewing troll that is on my ignore list and has no funny bone
    He's on mine too, but I had a feeling he was responding directly to me and I couldn't resist. My lack of ability to resist responding to him is actually the main reason he's on my ignore list....

  33. #33
    I like mtn biking, too
    Reputation: shredchic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,002
    Wow, if those are your choices, I really feel sorry for you!

    Anyway, due to Barack Obama and practically every Democrat being a complete wimpy-ass sell-out, I will switch to independent this year. And most likely will vote in the GOP primary and pick Ron Paul. It's kinda sad that these are the choices. But who the hell in their right mind would want the office of Prez of the US with the current state of affairs? Things are totally F-ed up. Realizing of course, that things could be worse - it could be Somalia or something. There is so much good we could do for the world... ah well. Too much money to be made in war profiteering.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    You Ron Paul freaks, just Google "Ron Paul racist newsletters".

    That's all you really need to know.
    So with Obama sitting in a racist pastors church for nearly two decades effect your decision on his racist beliefs?

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: grandsalmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,017
    Hey HD, I thought this one was always pretty funny; sounds like Perry, complete sentences sometimes. And remember...

    "Save the pretzels for the jet."

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BhDhDRvHaGs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    As for the politcs here, I gotta say the ole "you are them"

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Solstice was 4 days ago, but thanks! It's a very noticeable date up here with a lot of reason to celebrate when you've only got 5 hours of daylight on the winter solstice. Merry Christmas.
    Pine boughs were originally hung in pagan faith to ward off evil spirits, they celebrated thru the solstice, but you know all that.
    Christmas according to the julian calender and still celebrated by many orthodox churches is Jan seventh (25th by that calender), sooo your a couple weeks early.

  37. #37
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    ron paul has some good points, and of all the pubs, i'd rather see him win, but sadly, he's another one catering to the right with some of his anti science, anti gay, etc...
    sorry, but anybody who ignores science in place of religion, i have to question their smarts!

    Hey, Gary Johnson came into our LBS recently, he's really into bikes (+1) and i read up on him. i'd rather a guy like that, a liberatarian. But nobody will listen to him because god forbid he's socially liberal and doesnt want to probe into your bedroom affairs


    ps. Newt's head is way too bulbous and that makes me suspicious.....

  38. #38
    Texan
    Reputation: Gary H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,345
    I would vote for this guy.

    Indian Thriller - YouTube

    With hope's his vp would be...

    May He Poop? (an Indian music video translation) - YouTube

  39. #39
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    ron paul has some good points, and of all the pubs, i'd rather see him win, but sadly, he's another one catering to the right with some of his anti science, anti gay, etc...
    sorry, but anybody who ignores science in place of religion, i have to question their smarts!

    .....
    Ron Paul is a creationist(he's also a libertarian, since you mention it), but he doesn't seem to have any interest in forcing that belief on anyone. Recent interviews with him that I have seen on the topic of homosexuality seem to be pretty nuetral, ie: he doesn't care(from a professional standpoint) what kind of consenting adult you sleep with. He's in favor of leaving school curriculum and the legallity of same sex unions, among other things, up to the individual states. If a country is strongly divided on an issue, and the division is well dispersed, it makes more sense for the management of that issue to take place on a regional or local scale, not federal. Government is supposed to represent the will of the people. If the overwhelming majority of people in a given area(state) disagree with a law, why should they be subjected to it?

    While I do wish that he would apply some of that good logic to a few of his other platforms, I really think that he's the best feasible step in the right direction. He seems more capable of setting the stage for an even better candidate than anyone else that stands a fighting chance of getting elected.

  40. #40
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Reputation: NicoleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,618
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Ron Paul is a creationist(he's also a libertarian, since you mention it), but he doesn't seem to have any interest in forcing that belief on anyone. Recent interviews with him that I have seen on the topic of homosexuality seem to be pretty nuetral, ie: he doesn't care(from a professional standpoint) what kind of consenting adult you sleep with. He's in favor of leaving school curriculum and the legallity of same sex unions, among other things, up to the individual states. If a country is strongly divided on an issue, and the division is well dispersed, it makes more sense for the management of that issue to take place on a regional or local scale, not federal. Government is supposed to represent the will of the people. If the overwhelming majority of people in a given area(state) disagree with a law, why should they be subjected to it?

    While I do wish that he would apply some of that good logic to a few of his other platforms, I really think that he's the best feasible step in the right direction. He seems more capable of setting the stage for an even better candidate than anyone else that stands a fighting chance of getting elected.
    the problem with social issues is that you dont HAVE to partake in things like gay marriage and abortion. those are personal issues that should be up to the individual. you dont have to be subjected to abortion unless you have one (its not like they toss dead embryos in the street).
    you dont have to be subjected to gay marriage any more than you have to see an occasional gay couple. even if they cant get married, they are not going to go away.

    Ron Paul seems like a smart guy, which is why i think he's exaggerating his christian beliefs to appease the thumpers. I also think many people jump on the RP bandwagon because they heard something about legalizing drugs and dont bother to learn anything else. Like I said, of all the front runners, i like him better than newt, perry, santorum, etc. They're just plain batsh*t. i would like to see somebody who is fiscally in the middle, but stays out of religion and social issues. (just in case i sound like an uber liberal, i'm not. i have my own issues with liberals!)

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Ron Paul is a creationist(he's also a libertarian, since you mention it), but he doesn't seem to have any interest in forcing that belief on anyone. Recent interviews with him that I have seen on the topic of homosexuality seem to be pretty nuetral, ie: he doesn't care(from a professional standpoint) what kind of consenting adult you sleep with. He's in favor of leaving school curriculum and the legallity of same sex unions, among other things, up to the individual states. If a country is strongly divided on an issue, and the division is well dispersed, it makes more sense for the management of that issue to take place on a regional or local scale, not federal. Government is supposed to represent the will of the people. If the overwhelming majority of people in a given area(state) disagree with a law, why should they be subjected to it?
    because you live in a representative republic and not a Mob rule society. now that is not to say that their voices are not to be taken into consideration, because they should, but anytime you have the voices of the minority trampled for the "mob" you lose out on actual freedom and the principle of the countries foundation.

  42. #42
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    the problem with social issues is that you dont HAVE to partake in things like gay marriage and abortion. those are personal issues that should be up to the individual. you dont have to be subjected to abortion unless you have one (its not like they toss dead embryos in the street).
    you dont have to be subjected to gay marriage any more than you have to see an occasional gay couple. even if they cant get married, they are not going to go away.
    I agree with all of that, but.... You also dont HAVE to live in a state where all of your neighbors hate you for your lifestyle choices. There are no fences keeping people from freely travelling between states and settling in a state that suits their needs. It's all about the will of the people. Some people, and the polarity of either side of the fence does seem to be regional, are incredibly offended by XXXX. For the record though, I'm pretty much not offended by anything.

    Ron Paul seems like a smart guy, which is why i think he's exaggerating his christian beliefs to appease the thumpers.
    That would be nice...

    I also think many people jump on the RP bandwagon because they heard something about legalizing drugs and dont bother to learn anything else. Like I said, of all the front runners, i like him better than newt, perry, santorum, etc. They're just plain batsh*t. i would like to see somebody who is fiscally in the middle, but stays out of religion and social issues. (just in case i sound like an uber liberal, i'm not. i have my own issues with liberals!)
    We've all got different ideals, and I doubt there are many people out there who are truly perfectly represented by any one candidate. Ideal for me would be a libertarian in favor of federal environmental protection. RP's theory that individuals should take up grievances in court with corporations over environmental issues doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Though it would force citizens to unite to tackle problems that were previously left for the government to do. There's no bubble over any of the states though, and one state's environmental issues can have severe effects on the environment several states away. The federal government should be in charge of ensuring clean air and clean water.

  43. #43
    is buachail foighneach me
    Reputation: sean salach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    because you live in a representative republic and not a Mob rule society. now that is not to say that their voices are not to be taken into consideration, because they should, but anytime you have the voices of the minority trampled for the "mob" you lose out on actual freedom and the principle of the countries foundation.

    Local and state government exist because there are different needs and different ideals scattered throughout the country. Entrusting more power of decision to them on issues that are polarized locally and on a state by state basis makes more sense to me. It's still a representative republic. The federal government takes care of issues that affect everyone in the country, the states take care fo the issues that affect only their residents, and the local governments take care of the issues specific to their locale.

    Within limits, of course... A state should not be granted the power to kick out people for something that doesn't hurt anyone.

  44. #44
    Texan
    Reputation: Gary H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,345

  45. #45
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,639
    The moment Ron Paul opened his mouth on his foreign policy and his weak a$$ stance on Iran, he lost me forever.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in South West Utah

  46. #46
    Texan
    Reputation: Gary H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,345
    Gotta go. My girlfriends just knocked on my trailer door wanting me to tape em. Not exactly what I was hoping for.

    ReDNecK BaBes~ - YouTube

  47. #47
    WIGGLER
    Reputation: todwil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    896
    Obama in 012 he hasn't finished what he started 4 people still have jobs and
    Gas hasn't gotten to $10.00 and who will pay for his Christmas's in Hawaii
    We cant expect him to pay the $4million!!
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

    MR. 36er TROLL


  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach View Post
    Local and state government exist because there are different needs and different ideals scattered throughout the country. Entrusting more power of decision to them on issues that are polarized locally and on a state by state basis makes more sense to me. It's still a representative republic. The federal government takes care of issues that affect everyone in the country, the states take care fo the issues that affect only their residents, and the local governments take care of the issues specific to their locale.

    Within limits, of course... A state should not be granted the power to kick out people for something that doesn't hurt anyone.
    I agree you summed that up well I think we are on basically the same track.
    Long as you remember that the voices of the few regardless of said district are not forgotten, thus why the Constitution was written in the first place. Now that does not mean it is followed, because it is not for the most part.



    The moment Ron Paul opened his mouth on his foreign policy and his weak a$$ stance on Iran, he lost me forever.
    Ask yourself how many countries has Iran Invaded? What results have our recent wars had?

  49. #49
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    The moment Ron Paul opened his mouth on his foreign policy and his weak a$$ stance on Iran, he lost me forever.
    Bomb them back to the stone age!

    How can they want what we've had for 70 years?!

    The nerve.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by No Agenda View Post
    Obama rarely went to that church, which is why he didn't know what the message was.

    He's an atheist, dummy.

    Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11 - ABC News

    Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."


    But hey, dont let facts get in your way you people never do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tri-Newt helmet/Mi-Newt handlebar
    By farmertan in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM
  2. Newt/salamender passion? Neewbie with newt!
    By carbnjunkie in forum Passion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •