meatier showers

Official I-decided-not-to-buy-from-BikesDirect thread

Hey Everybody, how's it going!

I mentioned in a previous thread that I was considering buying a bike or a frame from BikesDirect. Well, I'm excited to say I've decided not to! Want to share the thrill and ask if anybody else has made the same decision!?

Please feel free to post photos of any non-BD bikes that you bought instead! (Sorrry, I don't have a shot of my new frame right now or I'd start this thread off right!)

I'm STOKED!

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

workin' it Administrator
    Stop. Please.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    A thread worthy of immediate deletion.

Apr 2007
    I also chose not to buy from BD. My hemorrhoid problem went away immediately. You, too, can protect your rectum by not choosing BD.

I love my new Salsa!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    I also bought a non BD bike

FKA Malibu412
    Davey,

I'm really trying to like you, you know, for that inevitable meeting at some ride or event.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    Davey,

I'm really trying to like you, you know, for that inevitable meeting at some ride or event.
    Yeahbutt unlike BD's gen-u-whine shills (which you're not), you understand that I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH THE PRICING OR PRODUCTS THAT BIKESDIRECT SELLS. My problem with them is their guerilla marketing on this site, and as long as it is allowed to persist, then it's only fair that all --ALL -- retailers get to play by the same rules.

Without regard to whether or not they advertise on this site.

Is my post above dumb? Oh hell yes. I posted it to force mtbr to get off the dime. Do they want to allow retailercentric threads? Fine then allow them -- ALL OF THEM. Kick the doors down!

If not, the ban them all -- ALL OF THEM.

I still say the answer is to put up a "Retailer / E-tailer" forum unto itself. Then bump any stray retailercentric threads into that forum.

But you knew that was my motivation all along.

--Davey / sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Braugh Bro.
    Am I missing something? What is this thread about?

~Disc~Golf~
    Sette Potato 29er
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    i would like to know as well

MTB B'dos
    Dude, that's a damn nice looking bike, but you forgot to A - put the gears on and B - line up the tyre logos with the valve stems Seriously, digging the new Salsa colours

Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    I also chose not to buy from BD. My hemorrhoid problem went away immediately. You, too, can protect your rectum by not choosing BD.

I love my new Salsa!

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Apr 2007
    Man, I've got mortgage payments and a kid---I can't afford gears!

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    B - line up the tyre logos with the valve stems
    What if there are two logos?
    Do I have to drill a hole and mount two tubeless stems?

CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    The reason for lining up logos on the stems is so that you can more easily determine the source of a tube puncture when you get one. Obviously not an issue with tubeless, it's just ego.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    The reason for lining up logos on the stems is so that you can more easily determine the source of a tube puncture when you get one. Obviously not an issue with tubeless, it's just ego.
    You're like Spock. Perfect logic, no humor.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

MTB B'dos
    As to why I do it, well for one it just looks good and two, it makes finding the damn stem easier when you're going to add air.
    In your case you'll note that the Ardent logo is only on one side of the tyre, so I put that on the opposite side of the rim to the valve, so that no matter what side I look at the wheel from I can easily see/find the valve
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    You're like Spock. Perfect logic, no humor.
    No I got you. I was commenting on posers complaining about a setup issue that serves no purpose with tubeless.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    My problem with them is their guerilla marketing on this site,

Without regard to whether or not they advertise on this site.
    If they advertise on this site, they pay for the right to "guerilla marketing". That is why they pay to advertise.

There is a very easy solution to this problem of yours. Stop coming to mtbr. Easy, eh? When I watch TV and I don't like a commercial, I leave that station and go to another. This site exists because of advertising, if you do not like it. leave.

Ian

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by w98seeng
    If they advertise on this site, they pay for the right to "guerilla marketing". That is why they pay to advertise.
    No, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by w98seeng
    There is a very easy solution to this problem of yours. Stop coming to mtbr. Easy, eh? When I watch TV and I don't like a commercial, I leave that station and go to another. This site exists because of advertising, if you do not like it. leave.

Ian
    So when you're watching a commercial, do you also have random people calling you to tell you how awesome that product is? Followed up by the owner's exaggerated claims about how his VW Rabbit is just as good as an M3, because it's made from the same place.

Do you see ANY OTHER SPONSORS DOING THIS? No! Just because you pay to advertise, it doesn't give you the right to make false claims and pay shills to muck up threads.

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    Do you see ANY OTHER SPONSORS DOING THIS? No! Just because you pay to advertise, it doesn't give you the right to make false claims and pay shills to muck up threads.
    What false claims are you referring to? I've never seen Mike say anything false. For the most part, all he has to say is honest information about the products that his store carries. I've never heard him claim that his frames are better, only that they have been built in the same factories with the same quality control standards as most other bike manufacturers, which is not hard to believe.

And also, please realize, the majority of the people on here like his "muck" if you can call it that. I wish that owners of other companies would be on this forum to directly and personally answer questions that one might have about their products, and actually take feedback from the people who ride his bikes into consideration.