RideDirt

The " Obamaphone " ?? Video inside and details l

Bite Me.
    I feel like it has nothing to do with mountain biking.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post

Is that just 4g or LTE

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    This thread ironically belongs in the off-camber forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm not a fan of Obama but he did not originally enact this program. It was actually started during the Reagan Administration and designed to help poor people to afford Landlines...not cell phones. Who allowed cell phones under this act however is another story.

Anyhow, I disagree with tax money being used to supply people already on government assistance with a cell phone...doesn't matter if it's a Republican or Democrat program.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    This thread ironically belongs in the off-camber forum.

Don't move this crap to the OC.

RideDirt
    General forums = open topic , theresenough threads here about biking -_-

On topic , yea it seems to me that you don't need a phone to survive .. I understand to help with food , water , shelter , and clothes ... I'm not taking any sides but that's just some BS .. Just like how unemployment keeps on extending ..... Not cool at all .

T.W.O.
    Where do I sign up to get a green electric car like the Tesla.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mtbr member

No good

So how do you guys and girls feel about this?
    Think it's one of the stupidest things I ever saw, followed by bringing this sh!t up on a mtb site. And yes, it would fit better in OC but i'm pretty sure that all political topics are not allowed, in any forum on here, with good reason.
    If I didn't already spend all my rep for the day on giving out pos, you'd surely have some neg. Not for bringing this up but for your attitude.
    Round and round we go

RideDirt
    Themeat - don't read it if you don't like it , very simple ... Attitude ? You sure YOU down have the attitude here ? I simply posted something in a "general forums " , what's so wrong with it? Are you the forum police or do I have to ask you for your permission .. Hey if it's in the wrong section sorry , and mods please move it , if not I just want to see people's thoughts about OUR money being used . No harm no foul .

AZ
    banned
    Mods, please bin this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    there's organizations that provide free voice mail for homeless people to help them find jobs and communicate with family, and that i agree with. a cellphone though, that seems like a bit too much. they're giving people less and less reasons to want to work. lets see, the government provides you with food, shelter, a cellphone... everything necessary to become a drug dealer haha its really pathetic. but this is where the world's going. i don't know who said this, but someone smarter than me said a long time ago that if people stop doing something for themselves, the government must step in and do it for them. and eventually, if enough people don't do anything for themselves, the government will. and it won't be what you want, but it will be what they think you need. as a society, we have lost our right to make even simple decisions it seems. and this is just another step int he direction of providing people with another service, and its being funded by an empty wallet.

OBAMAPHONE! ROMNEY? HE SUCKS! i love it.. oh my god i love it. that woman's my hero. not that i want to be like her, or that there should be more people like her.. but hey, at least she's politically active.