Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    the half breed devil

O/T joe pa is gone

PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier

yes, it's off topic. if you don't like it, navigate away from the page now.

otherwise, what are your thoughts on what i think is a sad and horrible story?

joe pa will probably expire within two years; football is all the man knows...
    Last edited by shekky; 11-10-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Afric Pepperbird
    Seems like a nice guy. But good riddance.

Must be that Catholic in him, to not report what he saw.

Life Is Short
    Angry Rioting at Penn.= white kids smashing their blackberrys and deleting themselves from facebook
    Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    I think its unconscionable to put an athletic team's prospects above the impact something like that had on children. Its absolutely disgusting. Some things are more important then winning. People have some F'ed up priorities.

I quit being a fan of pro-athletics due to the conduct of many athletes....more tattoos, more athletes bringing their gang affiliations with them, more bling bling, more stupid dances after every single play and these antics filter down to the college level. Sadly, I'm not surprised to hear about this Penn State situation. Clearly the people at Penn State didn't have their priorities correct and lacked character when it counted. Incidentally, I am hopeful that Tim Tebow does well with the Broncos since he seems to break the poor behavior mold in pro-athletics.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Given he allegedly had knowledge of a 10 yr old sodomized in the showers at Penn State, I personally think this is the best he could have hoped for...

-edit- If he truly knew about these incidents & didn't report it properly, he should go to jail.

U sayin' Bolt ?
    Remember when the Notre Dame student videographer was killed when the coaches sent him up on the lift to film their practice in high winds , NO ONE resigned or was terminated ..

It at least shows some shread of class to remove everyone who should have handled that sick POS at Penn state

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Pedophile State

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    .... But good riddance. ...
    Agreed. Watching the rally outside his house yesterday was like watching OJ going free, wtf was going through those idiots minds? Sodomizing 10 year olds in the shower isn't something to rally and cheer about.

Quote Originally Posted by 930
    Given he allegedly had knowledge of a 10 yr old sodomized in the showers at Penn State, I personally think this is the best he could have hoped for...

-edit- If he truly knew about these incidents & didn't report it properly, he should go to jail.
    He reported to the AD so Joe Pa is off the hook but the AD and VP are going to jail.

Afric Pepperbird
    If I see a major crime, I think I'll report it to my mailman, or my local dog catcher. That should absolve me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Let me preface this by saying I am not a Penn State fan. But I have always had tons of respect for Penn State and the legacy they (And JoePa) built. I always looked at him as one of the most admirable men in sports.

Not anymore.

Sure, he reported it to his supervisor. But he should have called the police as well. They still have some more house cleaning to do. If that were his grandson, you think he would have stopped at the A.D.? And how he could allow Sandusky to continue with his football camp is disgusting.

There will be some serious jail time done for this, as well there should. JoePa may be in the clear criminally, but I can assure you he will be spending some time in Civil court, followed by signing some really really big checks.

Bottom line, the whole situation is sad. I am sad for the boys who had to endure this treatment, their families for the same. And I am sad because what I thought was one of the few upstanding programs in sports turned out to be the most despicable of them all.

bust a move
    If Joe knew about my 10 year old son being sodomized and did'nt report it to police...being fired is the last thing he should worry about.

This should only be about justice for the victims, regardless of who's legacy gets trashed.

Probably one of the worst crimes there is
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

MTBR Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    I quit being a fan of pro-athletics due to the conduct of many athletes....more tattoos, more athletes bringing their gang affiliations with them, more bling bling, more stupid dances after every single play and these antics filter down to the college level.
    Paint with a broad brush much?

No comment on the PSU situation. Already heard enough, pretty sickening shi*.

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Sure, he reported it to his supervisor. But he should have called the police as well.
    I'm not saying that Paterno is without blame, but Coach Mike McQueary, who was actually a witness to the act, should have intervened and reported the incident to law enforcement. End of story. Instead he passes the buck, and why he has thus far been let off the the hook both criminally and with the university makes no sense to me. Seems that all Paterno would have been doing is reporting heresay to law enforcement.

My spelling is atroshus
    Not too upset over any of this.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    PSU trustees fire Paterno, Spanier

yes, it's off topic. if you don't like it, click navigate away from the page now.

otherwise, what are your thoughts on what i think is a sad and horrible story?

joe pa will probably expire within two years; football is all the man knows...
    It seems he might have known about a bit more than just football. If he did know about what was going on, and having passed info on to his bosses, then seen nothing happening about it, he should have taken it further. To not do so, and risk this behavior going 1) Unpunished, and 2) Continuing, is unconscionable, and he should be pilloried. He is as guilty as the guy who did the deeds.
    As for people rioting at his dismissal in protest, this beggars belief, and is a sad sad indictment of the sickness in this society. Sport more important than little boys getting buggered in the showers? They must all be catholics.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Who cares, i don't go to Penn state, I'm not going to Penn state and i will never go to Penn state. I hope he gets treated like that 10 year old he saw in the shower.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Shocking. Jocks having so much latent, twisted, pent up homosexual desire, that they need to take it out on little boys. What's the matter coaches, the college kids can fight back too well?

They should go back to just patting each others behinds after a good play.

Just one more reason to ignore any organized sport, as if money, greed, poor behavior, and the flagrant public displays of such weren't enough already.

Let's face it, you're being PAID, HUGE dollars to do what most folks all over the world do for free and fun. The least you can do is be a good boy and respect the impact you have on children.

We need a throwing up emoticon.....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
    I hope he gets treated like that 10 year old he saw in the shower.
    This, hope all involved do!
    How could you see something like this happening and walk away? If I did walk away it would be just far enough to find a police officer or a bat and I'd go back and wreck the MF'er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Paint with a broad brush much?

No comment on the PSU situation. Already heard enough, pretty sickening shi*.
    Nope. Watched plenty of sports in the past. It took me quite a while to reach the point I have. So no. No broad brush even if you don't feel the same way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    We need a throwing up emoticon.....
    Like this?

This whole situation is horrible. Young boys being raped and you don't do everything you can to stop it? Makes me sick
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Retired User
    We can debate this ad nauseum, but this statement is straight from the attorney representing a number of the molestation victims:

Board of Trustees got it Wrong

lost
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55 View Post
    I'm not saying that Paterno is without blame, but Coach Mike McQueary, who was actually a witness to the act, should have intervened and reported the incident to law enforcement. End of story. Instead he passes the buck, and why he has thus far been let off the the hook both criminally and with the university makes no sense to me. Seems that all Paterno would have been doing is reporting heresay to law enforcement.
    This

mtbr member
    I'm dismayed at the reaction of some of the students of PSU after Paterno was fired. It seems they were upset the football coach was fired by the Board and not that he condoned (through his inaction) his adult, assistant coach sexually abusing young boys. It seems to be a troubling set of 'values' the students have.

Some act as if the crime was something relatively minor like stealing or athletes getting gifts, not sexual assault of children.

What have we become?
    Last edited by Lule; 11-10-2011 at 11:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55 View Post
    We can debate this ad nauseum, but this statement is straight from the attorney representing a number of the molestation victims:

Board of Trustees got it Wrong
    "The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno," Ben Andreozzi said.

How does Mr. Andreozzi, obviously a top-notch attorney, not know about the Grand Jury testimonies and earlier investigation?

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lule View Post
    "The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno," Ben Andreozzi said.

How does Mr. Andreozzi, obviously a top-notch attorney, not know about the Grand Jury testimonies and earlier investigation?
    Joe Paterno was never indicted by the Grand Jury. Paterno has only been found guilty in an ad hoc trial-by-media.

But, I think you're missing the point; Mr. Andreozzi, in representing the victims of the crimes, is most likely representing the position of the victims as it relates to the termination of Mr. Paterno when he released this statement. I thought you might actually care about that.

the half breed devil
    this has turned into quite the interesting discussion on the subject.

i would like to sincerely thank you all for keeping things civil and i would like to commend the trolls for staying under their bridges...

--MB
    Last edited by shekky; 11-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast