Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    banned
    May 2013
    I'm a humanistarianolicant.

They'll never catch me!

No Stranger to danger....
    LOL, i think they have there hands full with 2.3 BILLION Muslims on the planet, in 20 years there will be 4 billion, have a think about that.....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

banned
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL, i think they have there hands full with 2.3 BILLION Muslims on the planet, in 20 years there will be 4 billion, have a think about that.....
    From a "special" distance we're just cockroaches of varying sizes, shapes and colors.

Have a think about that...

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bater View Post
    From a "special" distance we're just cockroaches of varying sizes, shapes and colors.

As long as your happy for a certain group of cockroaches to destroy their own countries, then spread out and bring their dramas and fighting and destruction to the rest of the cockroaches living with freedom and peace.
    Go live in a muslim country and have no freedom other than that of sharia law then come back and tell me we are all the same from a distance...

Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

banned
    May 2013
    As long as your happy for a certain group of cockroaches to destroy their own countries, then spread out and bring their dramas and fighting and destruction to the rest of the cockroaches living with freedom and peace.
    Go live in a muslim country and have no freedom other than that of sharia law then come back and tell me we are all the same from a distance...

I've already explained that there is no such thing as freedom...

It's a "special" distance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    A brief bio on me for perspective:
    1968 & Vietnam - My dad is in charge of the air data controllers on 4 out 12 casket C-141s. He roughly counts the bodies as he walks thru the ship. There were more bodies on his 4 planes than the nightly news is reporting. Humm... reporting less than 25% of actual?

IE: I learned at 10 yrs old to be skeptical of what they are telling us.

Delll -

I'm with you bro.

Guys, his comment about having too much food will put you a terrorist watch list is totally true. I have seen the DHS bulletin sent out to LEAs. Food storage was one of a few warning signs of terrorist activity and IIRC the 'trigger' was only a month or less of food. We've got a couple weeks easy in our kitchen.....

This is a multifaceted subject...

One big problems we face is the ability of .Gov to compile and process data. The insurmountable task of sorting and processing the billions of pieces of data daily has become practical. Google is great example. For a very simple example, look at this websites sidebars. I clean my cookies and browser history every day but I still get 'targeted' ads based on the websites I visited prior to coming here. You are being tracked and compiled every time you click anywhere on the net.

Swipe your credit card at a major retailer, your purchasing data at minimum gets compiled and very very likely sold.

Data is worth a LOT. When I stated my first business in the early 80's (pre-internet), I bought a book on direct marketing. It was written by a guy that sold things by direct mail like bird houses. He goes on to point out the real money is not in the bird houses but in selling the list of known good 'bird enthuses'. He made 3-4x selling the lists and only sold products as a way to create the lists...

I live in a neighborhood with a abnormally number of retired LEOs. We got FBI, CIA, and many local level guys. I'm on very good terms with several. The one thing I have learned is that they are always looking for something to be wrong. Always paying attention to the way you act, talk, etc. We have a kooky black helicopter guy too. In a recent neighborhood meeting they (LEOs plus a couple gossips) were taking 2 + 2 and getting 16. "I saw him stumbled walking down the road -> He was really drunk"... Me - Maybe he tripped on a rock.

Seems harmless right. Well... I get a call from the sheriffs dept shortly after this asking me to confirm rumors that were created during this BS fest. I didn't. At the meeting, I got my self in hot water because I was presenting normal explanations for their data and then supposed FACT. I was even called 'his buddy' a couple of times. The part that bothers me the most is the ability of some LEOs to expand the facts to create the answer they are looking for instead of letting the facts drive the answer.

ETA - BTW, a day after the sheriffs called me, they sent 3 deputies out to his for friendly questioning. Ya the guy is a kook for thinking the black medivac helicopters are spying on him but send guys to his house?? Can't happen to you?

Is this what .Gov is going to do with their giant data mining machine?

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: NSA Wiretapping and more...

They're also collecting your strava speeds

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

banned
    May 2013
    Can I just start selling my future purchases and internet usage right now, so I can cut out the middle man?

Seems like a good investment. Any takers?

~Disc~Golf~
    Ron Paul 1984 (actually says 1994)
    Honestly... ahh I give up

banned
    Jan 2013
    Now ya did it, pulled out the Paul Card.

Now nothing you say will be taken seriously.

All this stuff will be obsolete in less than ten years. Nanotechnology will make privacy a thing of the past.

All this harmonica stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    Haintspeak - poor jokes, English metaphors and mixed-inside. School, wait you're high!
    Fixed that for ya'.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches.

Rogue Exterminator
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

~ B A D A S S ~

The conspiracy theorists are just as bad and spout just as much garbage n crap as the govts they are talking about, imo its hilarious.
    Only problem here is this; its not a conspiracy theory, this is conspiracy fukking FACT.

The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) | Threat Level | Wired.com

Utah Data Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

official eMpTyBRain
    I just caught an NSA agent hiding in my closet. The son-of-a-***** was finishing up the last Dove bar we had in our freezer. All week long my wife and I were accusing each other of eating all the Dove bars.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

official eMpTyBRain
    Oh, she can have the man... Nobody touches my fvckin' Dove Bars!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

banned
    Aug 2012

You're ... Have a think about that...

All this harmonica stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    Interview with the whistleblower. He doesn't seem nuts, not a conspiracy wacko, and has some good reasons for doing what he did...I agree with him, these things should be up to the people.

I have a test for constitutionality - what would the founding fathers think about this? I think they'd be on the side of the whistelblower.

Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations | World news | guardian.co.uk
    Sure, he may not seem "nuts", or a "conspiracy wacko" but what were if any his underlying motivations for this? What is being fed now by the news media and newspapers is scripted and is able to be prepared for to an extent, if this were an act intended to support other Government, Foreign Government.

I'm pretty sure Intel Analysts are pretty p.o.'d with this guy's feeling he needed attention. For each coming rash, partially-informed statement placing innocent, hardworking American citizens squarely under any web of Intelligence Collection and Dissemination, there is an equal number of - not even fundamentalists - individuals working to upset progress and normalcy within Government. Most - they act alone. Should there be discovery that actions to undermine Government were supported or orchestrated by another Government with intent to be subverse... these NSA apparatus type-things don't appear to be so coarse, do they??

Whatever Snowden's personal agenda was, this is an enormous distraction. He did no service with his quest for truism, and in fact was probably outted and apprehended by the News Media being fed the 'Big Story', his waiting for and expectation of compensation.

Maybe score one for the News Media with this breaking story, I say it is more one of these runs scored by an error we see in Baseball in that regard however.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Are we ready to start giving some credibility to some 'conspiracy theorists'?

It really sucks when some people are trying to blow a whistle - and that whistle is dismissed.

I, myself, have been dismissed to many conspiracies - one one topic was about Fusion Centers.
    Many thought nothing of it mostly - 'yeah, so what', 'huh?', 'get more foil'.

As I'm sure you know now, the gov't of the US has been illegally (they say it's legal, the Constitution says it's not) scooping data transmissions - cell phone, facebook, yahoo, etc

When will anyone start to give a fcuk to what 'nutjobs' are warning about??
    It started with Nixon and now your Constitution is no longer operative...just a piece of paper that Bush flushed down your toilet.

At least in Canada we have no rights so there's no need to live the hypocrisy of "democracy and freedom".

Sadly, the America we knew, loved, and looked up to is just a memory..

All this harmonica stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01 View Post
    Sadly, the America we knew, loved, and looked up to is just a memory.
    **** that, I'm here and I have no plans to be anywhere else.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Haint View Post
    **** that, I'm here and I have no plans to be anywhere else.
    I just did a 20,000km road trip through 25 states, using secondary roads as much as possible...I've learned that America is a very different place from what it was 20 years ago. A very divided country based on religious and political ideology.

I was almost assaulted by an old guy with a cane for saying that parts of New Mexico reminded me of the geography of Afghanistan where I lived for a while, and found the Afghans to be nicer than many of the bikers I met in Albuquerque. Learned to not share my thoughts about Trayvon Martin in Texas as well...

Just a long way of saying that freedom of speech is now a myth...then there were those comments about my Lebanese wife. I guess freedom of religion is gone too, unless you're a white Christian.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jm01 View Post
    i just did a 20,000km road trip through 25 states, using secondary roads as much as possible...i've learned that the world is a very different place from what it was 20 years ago.

fify.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    fify.
    Not really, but it proves that the "terrorists" have won their war on America...

bin Laden's stated goal was to bankrupt America, and he did...plus Americans now live in fear, let their government tap their 'phones, monitor their interweb use, track their financial activity, they fly naked, are asked to spy on their neighbours...and much more.

Sadly, Americans no longer trust Americans. The first thing I did when I crossed the border was buy a gun at a flea market. Because of the conceal carry laws, the criminals know that cars with Canadian plates are unarmed, so I fixed that. Threw in a dumpster before crossing back into Canada.

banned
    May 2013
    I just did a 20,000km road trip through 25 states, using secondary roads as much as possible...I've learned that America is a very different place from what it was 20 years ago. A very divided country based on religious and political ideology.

I was almost assaulted by an old guy with a cane for saying that parts of New Mexico reminded me of the geography of Afghanistan where I lived for a while, and found the Afghans to be nicer than many of the bikers I met in Albuquerque. Learned to not share my thoughts about Trayvon Martin in Texas as well...

Just a long way of saying that freedom of speech is now a myth...then there were those comments about my Lebanese wife. I guess freedom of religion is gone too, unless you're a white Christian.
    Not really, but it proves that the "terrorists" have won their war on America...

bin Laden's stated goal was to bankrupt America, and he did...plus Americans now live in fear, let their government tap their 'phones, monitor their interweb use, track their financial activity, they fly naked, are asked to spy on their neighbours...and much more.

Sadly, Americans no longer trust Americans. The first thing I did when I crossed the border was buy a gun at a flea market. Because of the conceal carry laws, the criminals know that cars with Canadian plates are unarmed, so I fixed that. Threw in a dumpster before crossing back into Canada.

lol, it's the same as it ever was.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

snip..........
    I guess your mom never gave you the memo about not discussing politics and religion with strangers.

If you are looking for trouble, you WILL find it.

Bought a gun at a flee market and conceal carried? Humm... Really? The laws vary from state to state. Did you study the laws of each 25 states to see if you were in compliance? Probably committed a felony along the way. Post pictures or it didn't happen...

mtbr member
    While i agree with some of your views, I'd have to say it's been longer than 20 years for the degradation.
    "One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter", and with our countries relationship prior to 9/11 with this man, his family, and other similar groups on many different occasions it raises more question. How bout having Saudi Arabia raking in the $ for their elite super rich while the rest of the folks are starving in the desert having no benefit from their counties, regions, natural resources while they're propped up, made up by the UN government has all the protection they need provided by, you guessed it. Add insult to injury and their Mecca, the center of their religious world is in Saudi Arabia. Shall we discuss Israel?

But you can't say you were surprised to find a changed America when it's obvious you had your mind made up before you got here since....
    The first thing I did when I crossed the border was buy a gun at a flea market.
    Not to mention a bit hypocritical to say Americans live in fear.
    Round and round we go

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast