Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Therein lies the lack of motivation. Until something or things personally effect enough people drastically enough, nothing will get done. IME there's far more that'r reactionary, too few who are visionary for it to go down any other way.
    "Tortured by mental illness" ~monogod

Trouser Malfunction
    Name:  300px-Twinki_the_kid.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  12.2 KB

Twinkie had to learn the Lasso.

Key Word.

The.
    I like Sand -- I don't like Witches.

LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Haint again.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

~Disc~Golf~
    Good watch/listen
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Not possible, there is no bilderberg. That's conspiracy talk.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Within the next year there will be people demonstrating in the streets. The reports of the last couple of weeks are but the tip of the iceberg, much more to come.
    It's about time people woke up to reality.

Turn it up

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bigringgrinder View Post
    politicians are corrupt. Federal laws are mires of red tape requiring years of law school to navigate. Funding of political campaigns by big money companies ensure the stupid rich remain stupid rich. Hell, i read that the united states spends more than double what the drug lords make in our "war on drugs". With the world standard of currency going away from the american dollar, our practice of printing more money to pay our debts will no longer work. There is a lota jacked stuff going on and yes, its going to get worse. I do not have my head buried in the ground oblivious to the corruption and blind stupidity of the way our government is being run.

But...

My family and i are alive and well. I do not fear for my loved one's lives on a daily basis. We do not need to check in with each other to make sure we made it through another day.

The very fact that this thread exists proves that we still hold on to liberty. Conservative and liberal news media exists. Conspiracy theories are published daily and the authors are not hauled off to prison. I can give voice to government criticism in a public place with out fearing for my loved one's safety.

I can drink, fvck, surf, and ride my bike. I can watch movies, read books, and go to sporting events. Sure my life would be better if i was filthy rich, but overall i am happy and cant think of any where else in the world i would rather live.

When my life liberty and pursuit of happiness are being affected, i will raise my voice. As the government crosses that line more and more people will raise their voices. Change will come eventually, but like the serenity prayer preaches... In the meantime i will accept the things i can not change.
    i will not comply !

Another version for those who do not like guns, but still appreciate the freedom's this nation represents
    Rather Die Than Be Your Slave.wmv - YouTube

mtbr member
    Thread meet toilet. Toilet, this is thread.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Are we ready to start giving some credibility to some 'conspiracy theorists'?

It really sucks when some people are trying to blow a whistle - and that whistle is dismissed.

I, myself, have been dismissed to many conspiracies - one one topic was about Fusion Centers.
    Many thought nothing of it mostly - 'yeah, so what', 'huh?', 'get more foil'.

As I'm sure you know now, the gov't of the US has been illegally (they say it's legal, the Constitution says it's not) scooping data transmissions - cell phone, facebook, yahoo, etc

When will anyone start to give a fcuk to what 'nutjobs' are warning about??
    Even since the birth of the internet the spying has been going on, but back then they did not have the capacity to monitor everything due to technological constraints. I'd guess for the last 10 years or so fukking everything has been recorded, monitored, saved, archived, datamined, sorted and whatever more crap they could possibly do with the data. I mean phone/internet everything, all electronic communication.

I'm not at all surprised. Only now in the last recent years has there been hardware powerful enough to do this, and an easy enough system to tap into, where everything is more or less in plaintext, and where you can setup shop right where the action is. If something is technically possible you can bet your ass some fukker is already doing it, illegal or not. thats the way **** works.

And now its time for phase 2, analyzing peoples behaviour and sending them to whereever the **** they send people that has different opinoins than the government sanctioned stance. Oh yeah Gulag, thats what its called. Only a matter of time now, and since our elected politicians are in on it I'm guessing it will only escalate. In Gulag no one can hear you scream.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

official eMpTyBRain
    What exactly do we all have to hide? Me, nothing, so let them look. Doesn't change my life in any way whatsoever.

Who exactly can you trust these days? Absolutely nobody!!! There are registered sex offenders living on my street in both directions. The guy living behind me will rob a bank tomorrow and the guy next to him will start a 20K acre forest fire the day after tomorrow. These are not thoughts of paranoia, these are facts. So, let them look. If it stops the next attack, I'm all for it. In fact, join them! You want job security, nothing is as secure as a Gov't job.

It's a fvcked up world and there's nothing you can do about it... and it's gonna get worse.

So, deal with it. Get livin' or get dead.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Thread meet toilet. Toilet, this is thread.
    Wanna express this with meaning, or are you afraid to express your true self ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Re: NSA Wiretapping and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    What exactly do we all have to hide? Me, nothing, so let them look. Doesn't change my life in any way whatsoever.
    Here is how one of my friends responded to the "I have nothing to hide" argument.

" Let's break it down, shall we? That statement is basically a false dichotomy - the same kind of conundrum as "you're either with us or against us." It presents a false choice: you are either guilty of something and therefore have a reason to hide it, or you are not guilty of anything and therefore have no reason to hide anything. It is based on the (false) premise that privacy's sole purpose is to conceal wrongdoing, and it excludes the possibility that someone may be innocent of any wrongdoing buy may still want to conceal their activities. Why? Because something is embarrassing, but not wrong. Something may be deeply personal. Someone may have concerns about their information being used for marketing purposes or stolen. The list goes on and on."

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ Doesn't change anything, does it? We are all still here, living our lives. We all do basically what we want to do, legal or not.

official eMpTyBRain
    skip it

~Disc~Golf~
    Hawg - I respectfully say you're (and many others) notion of "if you have nothing to hide, there should be no problem" is COMPLETELY FCUKED UP and partly why we have arrived at this place.

The vast populace thinks this way (well, historically has) - not giving a care to their 'helper', the gov't, overstepping.
    **** as simple as a piss test - I mean, you have nothing to hide - so why do you have a problem interrupting you and letting me watch you pee?
    Oh you have a prob w/ that? - I guess you are a druggie!

official eMpTyBRain
    Delll, the problem is society and the people are society. This country went astray back in the '60s. Too much "freedom", too much thinking that "I should be able to do whatever I want to do". That divided us and shot us off in all different directions. Blame the people, not the Govt. Those same people are who make up the Govt. We are all exactly alike and all exactly different. There is no clear answer to pull us all together because as individuals, we do not want to be together. We cannot agree on everything or anything for that matter. Humanity is the Earth's flaw and it will be corrected eventually.

That's all I have to say about that.

Signed,
    Forrest Gump

Trouser Malfunction
    Twinkie the Kid is watching...

...a Lasso on the ground.
    I like Sand -- I don't like Witches.

~Disc~Golf~
    ... This country went astray back in the '60s. Too much "freedom"...
    you really believe this?

[or was it sarcasm that I missed?]

official eMpTyBRain
    you really believe this?

[or was it sarcasm that I missed?]
    It's a fact

~Disc~Golf~
    It's a fact
    OK -
    you clearly do not know what a "FACT" entails

official eMpTyBRain
    OK -
    you clearly do not know what a "FACT" entails

Please don't call me wrong. It's just an opinion. Things bother you far too much. Threads like these are useless. Ease up pal, it doesn't matter that much.

~Disc~Golf~
    ??? again .. FACT does NOT equal OPINION

I've got noting to ease up on.
    how about you stop saying your opinions are 'Facts', jack!

mtbr member
    Delll, the problem is society and the people are society. This country went astray back in the '60s. Too much "freedom", too much thinking that "I should be able to do whatever I want to do". That divided us and shot us off in all different directions. Blame the people, not the Govt. Those same people are who make up the Govt. We are all exactly alike and all exactly different. There is no clear answer to pull us all together because as individuals, we do not want to be together. We cannot agree on everything or anything for that matter. Humanity is the Earth's flaw and it will be corrected eventually.

That's all I have to say about that.

Signed,
    Forrest Gump
    Too much freedom? Too much thinking? Wow. How bout this for a take.
    After ww2, the country was doing great. Economy, housing, jobs and EDUCATION. The war pulled this country together and upward in a big way. Money realized how good war was for economy, and could be even more profitable if that was the goal in the first place. So much so that it's preached and taught till this day. Which is fine and true but let's not pretend that it's because of injustice, peace, or democracy. Fast forward, Vietnam. Went on too long, too many losses, too many smart, educated people realized we were there for too many wrong reasons, and too much freedom of the press.
    The gov knew why we were there, figured out too many people were getting too smart, and learned they had to control this freedom of the press. Sure if people believed in the cause they would rally behind it, and that it could even bolster political careers, but at that time they where too smart and too informed not to realize that it was greed and corruption. Ever since then it's been changing so that doesn't happen again. It didn't stop the military complex from cranking in the $, just all other aspects that get in the way of that. It worked/works so well, that we were led to war by Halliburton, without congressional anything, and people are so stupid and disconnected that it's still going on.
    Money and lobbyists should cause an outrage and have no place in a congressional republic, yet it has become common and excepted. It's no longer for the people by the people.
    Add to that banks and fed reserve make money by lending, do you think they want people to have enough not to have to? The game is already rigged, now it's just a matter of how bad and how long it has to go on before people are willing to sacrifice for a change.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^

official eMpTyBRain
    theMeat, I completely agree with you. That's exactly how it's gone so far and it's only going to get worse, too.

One day our planet will run out of natural resources, then money will become worthless. Then you can start making your changes. Until then, we're all just puppets.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast